Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
sweet thread title :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
all my homies hate yosuke

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Fishopolis I tried your broiler pizza finishing technique and went a bit too far...

Visually a bit more char than I would like (probably the crust curling accentuated it) but tasted fine

Nice! The toppings look great but yeah looks like the crust got a little toasty. I'd back it down one rack position, looks like your broiler's probably hotter than mine. Got that slightly crispy not-quite-burnt cheese going on that I love so fuckin much tho :)

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Hwurmp posted:

Virginal Boy :stonk:

oh god

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Mix. posted:

trying to decide between 13 sentinels and the new nier remake (PC version) for which game i want to play next :v:

13 Sentinels is the loving best

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
there is nothing, i repeat, nothing better than posting about 13 sentinels during a blind playthrough.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Looper posted:

i only have two bosses and three minibosses left in sekiro but at this point i'm not sure i'll finish before videogames does...

lol i've been stuck on the ol' sword saint for weeks and I doubt i'll beat him before vg

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Rinkles posted:

Can anyone recommend anything wireless with a similar design? Being hook-ons they were also pretty good for running.

I dunno about wireless but Koss KSC-75 are the same form factor and sound amazing for the price, but you won't look as cool as door-kun

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Simone Magus posted:

There's more than one??

hey I tried that world war Z game, it's pretty good!

the progression feels a bit slow though, there's so much to unlock good gracious

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
it would be an improvement at this point

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
it's true, the article specifies that each current member of blizzard will be liquified and fed to bobby kotick as a smoothie

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

This game is poo poo in retrospect but it was my favorite game box of all time and I loved everything Origin put out in that timeframe.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Spring Break My Heart posted:

It looks tight and the studio doing it is real good. I haven't seen any real warning signs the way that the Warcraft III one just seemed intentionally bad from day one

it actually seemed pretty rad on day one, they talked up a whole lot of features that never materialized.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Simone Magus posted:

I was lied to!! I was told you can't get brown sauce in America but you totally can. It's just called A1. Also Heinz 57, which is basically Kandee but more vinegary

holy poo poo this never occurred to me! A1 doesn't have tamarind in it, but otherwise it's quite close.

we don't have non-streaky bacon though.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

CubeTheory posted:

If the only meats I eat are hot dogs and pepperoni, what is my classification?

preservatarian

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Goa Tse-tung posted:

one of the cooler phobias imo is of open skies, like the whole universe is above you and is bearing down on you to crush you

and how easy it is to forget it since, you know, civilisation happened

I get vertigo sometimes and one way to trigger it for sure is to lie on my back and let the sky fill my field of view. After a few seconds, I get an uncontrollable, instinctual pang of fear that I'm gonna fall into the sky. I've got it under control enough that it's actually fun to do that now but when I was a kid boy was it weird.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Hogama posted:

Oh hi someone who knows the same sensation.

lol the other surefire way to trigger it is those loving three floor malls with the little transparent half partitions that barely keep you from plummeting to your doom

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What's a mall

a big building that used to have video game stores in it. and some other stuff i guess

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
that sounds good to me but i'm a bit high.

pbr is "ironic" beer, not to be consumed for enjoyment.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

pbr owns it's cheap and refreshing and great cold, a great american lager.

it's no narragansett but then again what is?

i mean, 'gansett, yuengling, victory, sierra nevada, brooklyn, anchor, dogfish, miller high life, hamms...

there's a great american lager for all budgets and tastes but pbr is not among them

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
oh well if it's a dollar and cold then gently caress it.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

exquisite tea posted:

Yuengling was my favorite cheap American beer but then I read somewhere the CEO was a huge Trump supporter or something so now I gotta settle for Gansett.

gently caress, really?

e: well poo poo that was an unfortunate google search jesus christ

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I really don't like IPAs, my favorite beers are typically british and malty.

last time I was in London every cask had a loving IPA in it, nobody even had bitters on tap

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
Sometimes in the fall i'll make a big batch of apfelwein, it's like a super super dry and strong german cider. It's also the easiest fermentation recipe I know and is nearly impossible to gently caress up.

The recipe is: 5 gallons fresh apple cider, 2lb dextrose, 1 packet wine yeast (pref. montrachet, though i've used ale yeast like nottingham before with no problems). Dump all of the above in a sanitized and sealed container with an airlock, wait at least 3 months (but it's really best at 6-8), enjoy.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I like a good saison but some of the craftier ones get extremely funky with it

like, spontaneous fermentation is awesome but maybe a commercial product should not taste entirely like a damp barn

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
Cisco Brewery is a great summer day trip from boston. Just avoid the rest of nantucket it's a horrible place full of assholes.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i keep a bottle of talisker around for occasions and i think feeling crappy and wanting to crawl back into bed for the rest of the day is as good an occasion as any

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
LARGE LADY LACTATION

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
hey simone i love the sundays but i miss the catspin :(

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
that indicates a society that expelled all its landlords, pretty based tbh

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
We apologize for appearing to have had an opinion. This was a tragic mistake, and those responsible have been dealt with harshly.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Zaphod42 posted:

Seconding this, OS2 is better and you won't feel remotely lost if you jump into 2 not having played 1.

It was better than windows NT, that's for sure.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
In PQ1, you can get married to koromaru. It's not a good game, but it does have that.

e: PQ2 is legit great though. It's still spinoff-y but the writing is an order of magnitude better, the mechanics are far less broken and the soundtrack is tremendous.

Dr. Fishopolis fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 20, 2021

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

RBA Starblade posted:

Holy poo poo why did they even bother putting a weapon other than a sniper in BFV? They can one shot you from any range, without recoil, through heavy armor, with infinite bullets. Anyone who is not a sniper is actively sabotaging the game

I saw that BFV was up on gamepass so i downloaded all hundred and some loving gigabytes and let me tell ya something

it was not worth the time, bandwidth or ssd space. my god, what a shambles. i thought BF4 at launch had to be the low point but at least that turned into a good game by the end of it. it's apparent that not a soul working at dice cares about that series anymore.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Gonna finally play Prey (2017) with it being on the upcoming watch out for fireballs

It's great. I went in expecting something a lot more system shock-ish than it turned out to actually be, but it does mostly great things with its premise.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

RBA Starblade posted:

Right? It's awful.

I miss bf3, wonder if anything is going on in there if I get it on origin

peak players on steam is 234 :(

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Grapplejack posted:

Real chads are on the Dry Bones Crew

if dry bowser is bones that means regular bowser is wet bowser

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This owns (I assume you didn't make the crown either lol)

The cooking shows always say puff pastry isn't worth making yourself... I don't see it at the grocery though

It's sort of not because it's only 4 ingredients but requires a lot of technique so you're unlikely to do better than the machines. It's not incredibly difficult though, and if you can make puff pastry you can make croissants, so you'll have that going for ya, which is nice.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
Congratulations on your engagement to video games!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
if hush puppies don't taste like cornmeal and onion then somebody done hosed up