Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
May the 14th be with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Nintendo 69

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I got far enough into the Vesperia remaster to meet the sassy witch

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
For ME1, choose paragon or renegade at the start and stick with it, they're totally divergent paths and having 50% of each will shut you out of a mission or two. The other games add more nuance

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
snakes on a coordinate plane

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Reached the part in Tales of Vesperia where the evil councilor guy has been caught red-handed but used his political connections to basically pardon himself and it looks like he's going to get away with everything until the main character sneaks out that night and just loving murders him in cold blood

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I said come in! posted:

If I hadn't played Tales of Vesperia, I wouldn't be able to tell if you were joking and actually describing the 2020 U.S. election.

I agree, we need to give Major Biden a cool pipe to smoke

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FanaticalMilk posted:

I just beat the remaster about a month ago, how are you enjoying it?

It's OK but it definitely feels like the 10+ years old that it is. The art style doesn't really benefit from a resolution upgrade since it's all flat shading and watercolors. Some parts of it have really not aged well (Judith) and it's got the odd difficulty spike and bad savepoint placement but it's still a fun gang to chill with and beat up anime monsters

I got it for :10bux: off PSN during a recent sale but I don't think I'd pay more than that

haveblue fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 3, 2021

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Subnautica is honestly not as bad as everyone makes it sound, as someone who thought they were reasonably afraid of the open ocean. There are not that many fish that will come hunting you if you don't go out of your way to bother them, especially in the starting areas which are shallow and bright and have good visibility. By the time you make your way into the deeper, darker areas, you should have vehicles that offer some protection (psychologically, at least), equipment that makes it easier to avoid or repel attackers, and a better understanding of how the game's systems and AI work and how to minimize risk.

It's never not slightly unnerving just from being in an unknown alien environment and watching your meters tick down, but it's not, like, Five Nights at Freddy's.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I thought Stadia only ran on chromecasts so if it shut off they would still be chromecasts in every other way

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
howlongtobeat pegs it at 30-50, which is kinda crazy for a Zelda

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Countdown to all of Blizzard being reorganized into a COD support studio

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Trial of the Century

https://www.ign.com/articles/epic-vs-apple-shows-the-courts-were-not-prepared-for-the-games-industrys-obsessive-secrecy

tldr: The games industry does not understand how either trade secrets or court filings work and the trial is a neverending stream of fuckups and last-minute panic decisions

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp9N8pslDoU&t=30s

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Not a full model replacement, lame

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Electric Phantasm posted:

What does that even leave at that point? Just graphics?

Resident Evil Village is a game that exists, and I have played it. 5/5

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

StoryTime posted:

Wait did Division 2 actually have an expansion called literally 'New Content'? Because that's hilarious.

Nah, that just means they're sure they want to do an expansion at that point but haven't started actually planning it in detail. All the live service games work like that internally, they're like sharks that can't stop swimming

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What video game has the best beans

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's a lovely morning in the village, and you are a horrible brit

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you mod the game you can noclip into the car trunk and see that there's just a pile of clothes in there, which you'd think would immediately disprove the theory but actually that's evidence that they must have planned for the car trunk to open at some point so it must be special and important

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
ligma malls!!!!!!!!!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Grouchio posted:

PC PC Uber Alles

Perhaps in eight years GPUs will be in stock

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

dioxazine posted:

I could never get into platformers generally speaking, but I did like Iconoclasts for a bit.

That's because Iconoclasts is secretly a JRPG not a platformer

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
if you listen to old people talk about taxes they make it sound like hours of confounding torture

course that's because they probably own at least one house and investments

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I liked the idea of the Transistor's voice coming through the PS4 controller speaker, but that made it really hard to understand so I had to send it through my headphones

Amazing music too, I still listen to it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The biggest flaw in Transistor is that the time-stop command promises to let you plan out move sequences but then those sequences don't actually go according to plan because it doesn't account for monsters getting knocked around by attacks or moving a little bit while the sequence executes

exquisite tea posted:

I never skip cutscenes. If you're determined to show me some dumb poo poo, I'm down for the whole stupid ride (which I will then complain about later).

I'll watch every cutscene once but if I die and have to replay them I will absolutely skip everything on the way back to where I was

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah behind that polished exterior is a hellworld of spit, baling wire, duct tape, and developer tears

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Datacenter choice is probably based on IP geolocation so if you aren't on a VPN it'll get it right

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Tales of Vesperia remaster down. Made some friends, saw some sights, got sassed by a witch, beat up some bad people, saved the world, a good time was had by all

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
This is not helping me not get RE8

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it is actually a british thing, hard cider is way less popular in the states, although they keep trying to make it happen

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have seen a security hologram of him... killing Yuenglings :smith:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So do you have to kill the big lady

And does she turn into a horrible gross monster first

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FirstAidKite posted:

M for Monster presumably

Monster Is Large Female

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Khanstant posted:

still best use of bible lore in videogames:

I was going to post El Shaddai but the Book of Enoch isn't canon

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Nar Shaddai: Ascension of the Kylekatarn

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's not really on a timer, you have infinite loops. The timer is more a cap on how long a wild goose chase can be, and a hint as to how long it takes to fully explore any one destination.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Stop reminding me to be excited for Deathloop while it's still impossible to find a PS5

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I wonder if that feature is left over from 7’s VR support, you aim with your head there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

LawfulWaffle posted:

Add Iconoclasts to the pile. I remember really liking this game but I got tied up in trying to get all the secrets before the end. Coming back to it, the end sequence and credit roll just served to remind me about how much I had forgotten about the game. I don’t know if I was on a good end or bad end path, and since you can’t see the whole map at one time I really had no clue where anything would be. Luckily my save was close enough to the final zone and I made the right call to go left instead of right to get me there.

Iconoclasts only has the one ending. Going left is the point of no return, going right lets you explore the world one last time.

It's a real gem and one of the best solo act games