Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Heck yes, lookin forward to some more Subnautica this month!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Ok, should I get Last Remnant, Star Ocean the Last Hope or maybe dot Hack from this PS store sale?

Each is roughly 10 space dollars

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Also, I checked the price for Returnal in my country and it's 103 usd at current exchange rates...

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Zaphod42 posted:

Which dot hack is it? It really matters.

Actually I guess it doesn't lol, none of them are really that great.

Or just put it on switch! It has a touch screen!

The remaster of dot Hack Gu, it has all of them apparently (I have never touched a game in the series)

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The 360 version looks great on Xbox one or better if that's an option

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Snakes:

1. Snake (Snake Rattle n Roll)
2. Snake (MGS3)
3. Snake (MGS1,2,4)
4. The snake from Resident Evil
5. Snake (Snake's Revenge)
6.Snake (Rock & Roll Racing)

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The math snake is actually a cameo from the RE snake

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

haveblue posted:

Reached the part in Tales of Vesperia where the evil councilor guy has been caught red-handed but used his political connections to basically pardon himself and it looks like he's going to get away with everything until the main character sneaks out that night and just loving murders him in cold blood

Seems like an improvement over the US justice system :smuggo:

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The client is terrible and most of the free games are not very interesting. Apart from Subnautica, I've not even bothered downloading most of them.
I guess it's a good thing that some smaller devs are getting some paychecks though

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Hwurmp posted:

VIII is really good

I'm playing the Vita version right now :hellyeah:

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

FirstAidKite posted:

Oh and of course

The skittles video game

This and Drakan are interchangeable in my mind, probably on account of the protagonists being so similar

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

There is a point in Subnautica when you get the big sub and some other fun stuff and you don't need to fear anything anymore and it's great because of the journey you took to get there.

I don't think I could handle the game in VR though...

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I really wanted to look like Octopath, and for a little while I did, but when I got the 3rd party member the bosses got such a ridiculous health boost, the fights are taking forever and it really destroys the pace of the game

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Legumes is a really funny word

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

So Sim City and World of Warcraft are not games since they never end?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Ok, could be interesting. The first one had its flaws and the protagonist is certainly no Kiryu, but hopefully they can find some cool investigation and lawyering mechanics

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I thought Bison died before the events of SF3 which is why every game since then has been a prequel?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Perhaps in seven years the ps5 will be in stock, so I can see about maybe playing FF7 remake

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I showed my 9 year old nephew Cities Skylines and was very disappointed in him when he prioritised building the police station before the firestation.

It was fun to watch him figure out "pollution bad. Cars ineffective transportation" and so on though

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

My problem with transistor is that if I stop playing the game and try to come back to it, the battle system just spews information at me and expects me to understand it.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Most games got too many words in em, and then they usually have like a codex something with even more fluff.

*Old guy from 60 minutes turns to the camera*

" Haven't these video-game developers ever heard of show, don't tell?"

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Haven't noticed anything bad with refresh rates on my cheap freesync monitor with 144hz connected to my venerable 1060

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Dear Games chat thread,

I have an ethical question: I "won" a raffle to buy a ps 5. However it is the digital version, and one of the main attractions of the console for me is playing PS4 games with decent frame rates and such, and most of my PS4 games are on disc. Also Returnal is 40 dollars more as a digital purchase than the disc version where I'm at.

So what should I do fellow video game enjoyers?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

A ps5 what ain't got a disc drive.

Also the code I received is "personal" according to the message they sent me.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

According to this urban dictionary entry from 2005 they are

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

That line in the Simpsons about Cider and Apple juice is very confusing to a non-American.

Me, I love me some cider.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

They changed the taste of cola zero and I'm mad about it. Now it just tastes like coca cola, which is too sweet.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Barotrauma can be a lot of fun with a good crew.
It is at its best when everything goes wrong and you are just barely holding on, then you notice someone hasn't talked for a while and crewmembers start dying mysteriously.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I said come in! posted:

About 9 hours into Nier Replicant, and I don't really know how I feel about this game. I get that it's a remaster of a PS3 game that is pretty old now, so i'm trying to be fair, but Automata is just so much better in every way. I loved Automata, it was my favorite game when it came out, and is one of my all time favorite games ever. It also doesn't help that I learned in order to see all endings in Replicant, you have to collect all 33 weapons. I really do not like requirements like this, and maybe its not as bad as it sounds, its better that I learn this now and can be prepared for it.

I haven't got the Replicant version, but in the 360 version it was a real chore and I think I might have given up and just Youtubed that particular ending despite getting the others.
I think your feelings about the game are going to be pretty common, since Automata took a lot of lessons from the Nier and improved or streamlined them.
I will play Replicant at some point to see the new stuff, but there are parts I expect will be feel like a real slog.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

exquisite tea posted:

I wanna complain about people in twitter comments who call big tits badonkadonks. That is not a badonkadonk and this annoys me in a completely futile way.

What about Honka-donka-bazonkas?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Breasticles?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I played Dragon Quest 7 on 3DS up until the last boss God, but I guess I was too low level or something because I could not beat him, and that was 100+ hours in so I was pretty sick of grinding at that point.

I have tried to return a couple of times, but I'm completely lost as to where to go or what to do and I have no idea what any of the classes are good for.

I did actually complete FF13 over a period of 4 years though. There was a break of about two years or so between me arriving at the final dungeon and beating the boss, so it can be done in some circumstances.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Christian anime, much like christian rock, sounds like an oxymoron

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Hell yes they do

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Outer Wilds was definitely my Goaty of whatever year it came out, but I did have to look up what to do on the quick sand planet and the trick for getting past the fishies.

I enjoyed the ending, but it really reminded me in concept of an old SciFi book series about flying cities that had some very similar ideas towards the end.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

do they charge each other rent in some weird infinity loop?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I tried that zeroviewers thing , and what I found was a ton of people playing cod warzone, a whole bunch of children playing fortnite or some mobile game and the occasional stream of someone leaving their stream up while having a loud conversation in the background in a language I could not identify.

There was one lady who drew watercolor paintings though, who obviously had put in a lot of effort and she had about 5 subscribers. She wasn't super good or anything, but seemed very enthusiastic about what I hope was a hobby.

Twitch is a strange place

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I found my FFXI box the other day and inside was like 10 cds, and it gave me a nightmarish flashback to installing that thing with its weird custom installer and Playlink and all that jazz.

The game itself I found inscrutable and gave up pretty fast.

Always wondered if there was a good game buried in there somewhere...

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Barudak posted:

Friends the long nightmare is soon over; GTAV will be rereleased for PS5 and Series consoles this year

Finally we can play PS3 games on the PS5.

Suck it, Xbox backwards compatibility!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Contact cleaner in the usb port might help