Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
only chumps posting below this line

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

homeless snail posted:

anime murder mystery VNs for 12 year olds? thats right, i'm recommending raging loop again

i've got raging loop, house of fata morgana, and 428 shibuya scramble in my steam cart and now i gotta make decisions

May 8, 2006

I said come in! posted:

How is Risk of Rain 2?

Great aesthetic/music, fun co-op, strong modding scene. Can be frustrating when the game withholds the items you need them stomps you for it, some annoying choices around difficulty. Overall I think it's pretty good.

May 8, 2006

Acerbatus posted:

I thought it was okay, what didn't you like about it?

my sensors are detecting near lethal levels of mad because bad here!!

May 8, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"were" means man so a werehog would be a human that transforms into a (hedge)hog

sonic is a human that transforms into a hedgehog though

May 8, 2006

At least they took out the gross orc breeding pits dungeon where you went in and slaughtered orcs/orc kids/orc "brood mothers" which may have been also described as halfway between an orc woman and an ant queen iirc

May 8, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I think I've convinced myself to stream all of the Metals Gear games, possibly including Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake

Hype for PoOps+

May 8, 2006

I love getting dumped into stuff, story trials especially, with a big group of sprouts.

May 8, 2006

i've had the key lime, matcha, and strawberry kit kats and tbh chocolate might be the weakest flavor

well, except for white chocolate, which is terrible of course

May 8, 2006

hershey's chocolate is indeed not great and we're just used to it. a (mildly) interesting thing - I remember being told the hershey chocolate story as a kid but with one slight difference: it wasn't that he failed to learn to make chocolate, it's that the mean european chocolate makers froze him out and refused to teach him so he had to figure it out on his own.

May 8, 2006

May 8, 2006

May 8, 2006

Rinkles posted:

What do you use it for?

As a kid steak ums with a1 was not an uncommon dinner

May 8, 2006

Sneemone Magus

May 8, 2006

games should not be about sex, games are about killing

May 8, 2006

FAK you won a run of TOME yet? Whenever I dabble in it I make it to the east once or twice then die and it's like, the runs are too long and I lose motivation.

May 8, 2006

gonna get way into streaming doom wads from my giant to-do list

May 8, 2006

Pwnstar posted:

Another funny Persona 5 thing. People really think this one politician is trustworthy and charismatic despite him having the biggest sneering villain voice of all time.

have you seen tv

May 8, 2006

wuggles posted:

Me: Pokemon Snap is a Rail Shooter so I won't get the value from it
Also Me: I would give sixty dollars and a ball for a HD remake of Star Fox 64 on Switch

a wug nut

May 8, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What's your opinion of dogecoin

nay on crypto, but i do think our currency should have cool animals instead of dead guys on it

May 8, 2006

aw yeah that's the stuff

May 8, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

I think I'm gonna LP those Christian anime games with extensive commentary

I also think I'm actually serious

hype for your takes on xenogears

May 8, 2006

Relax or DIE's gaming update:

RE8: good as hell so far, looking forward to finishing this one up, i've made it just past the second boss

Omori:I like this one a lot too but my criticisms of it so far(I finished the castle are and saved just as it hit 'two days left') basically line straight up with those I have of Jimmy and TPM. a lot to love but the combat is, in general, a big slog. the game would benefit from just being a bit faster all around imo. for jimmy and probably from what I have seem also for omori you could make a thematic argument for these systems being kind of slow/grindy but 'boring on purpose' is one of those things you really cannot afford to miss at and I'm not sure omori is gonna land it. jimmy let you bump the game to easy to have fewer random battles that awarded more exp, omori would benefit from a similar choice imho.

Raging Loop:Hit the first credits, this game is real neat.

Dead by Daylight:I play some killer rounds now and again and I like this game, but for whatever reason I find the community/culture around it kind of fascinating. most people seem pretty chill(or rage in silence because they're playing on console) but often enough you encounter survivor players who expect you to conform to a weird system rules for honorable play, play as if you are going to do so, and will melt down if you don't. they want to play the survivor as an aggressive bully and if it fails they get angry. god help the devs should they tone down any survivor tools too, this game must be a nightmare to balance.

May 8, 2006

Acerbatus posted:

Huh, I thought jimmy had some of the more interesting fights in any jrpg.

sorry, my post was a bit flip - i just meant the random encounters. the bosses are really good overall in jimmy, and so far in omori they haven't been bad either.

May 8, 2006

i respect everygamer's choice vis a vis adult substances but a hoot or twice of something nice during some gaming with buds is top shelf

May 8, 2006

haveblue posted:

So do you have to kill the big lady

And does she turn into a horrible gross monster first

she looks you right in the eye, puts her big hat on your head, and says "you're going to do great I'm so proud of you" and sends you to the next area with a bag lunch

May 8, 2006

i used to be on a mailing list for this game years ago, i assumed it was never coming out:

https://twitter.com/getter7seven/status/1394024122020139015?s=20

it's been forever since i touched any of the UFO games but iirc they had more heart than quality. not terrible just the kind of jank you'd expect from a game trying to be a spiritual successor to a (then) niche pc classic.

May 8, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

We tried a gaming club thing like a year and a half ago, it didn’t take :(

this failing was entirely my fault, but i've thought about it a bunch and i think that even if I had actually done a good job the best game ever thread eats up a lot of what the book club thread was trying to do - in a good way. i also think that the general idea is a bit flawed because books are much closer to each other in length. i think that it's also too broad - a better example of the same idea but done with more clarity is the Doom WAD thread.

May 8, 2006

having recently revisited FFXI for the first time since it's NA launch, it's honestly pretty neat. I would call it legitimately good if the UI wasn't the same clunky bullshit from 2003. there's a lot to love and it would be a great tv/podcast game if actually interacting with it was not a nightmare.

also parts of it still look real good for a game its age

May 8, 2006

guild wars 2 is cool in many ways that are immediately kneecapped by how aggressively they use the cash shop.

ok you gotta monetize but maybe when i open the mount customization screen just one of the dozens of skins could be earned by in-game achievement instead of paying real money.

I know you can swap gold for premium currency but it's extremely grindy and tbh barely counts

May 8, 2006

eureka and bozja seem to be laboring under the extreme delusion that 'big grind' and 'penalty for death' go together and they very much don't.

bozja at least has it's leveling separate and you can level alts in it so it's better by default

May 8, 2006

homeless snail posted:

there are times in eureka where it makes a certain amount of sense, at least. makes BA a lot more intense for one, to know that on top of getting kicked out of the place when you die, you also are going to rank down

to be fair i never did BA (it seems real cool but I didn't want to engage with eureka enough to get to it) so I'll take your word on that one. for my taste the idea of taking a swing at hard content then needing to grind back up before i can try again is kind of repellant, even if in practice it ends up not being a big deal. i liked palace of the dead but i never actually made it to 200 because on my attempt one of my friends goofed and wiped us at floor 190~ and i could never get the drive back to try again.

May 8, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

A lot of the most interesting young directors in Hollywood right now are known for "horror" because that's basically the only way you can get a non-trash superhero movie greenlit these days.

every superhero movie is worse than willy's wonderland

May 8, 2006

"beyond good and evil 2 will be an EGS exclusive"

May 8, 2006

I finished raging loop last night, it's a fun ride. I don't generally engage with stories like this in a way where I'm really trying to figure everything out before the story, I can imagine if you're a fan of mystery stuff and trying to piece together clues the back end of this game would be frustrating.

I didn't play any of the extra episodes yet, not sure if I will

May 8, 2006

smh not even trying over there

May 8, 2006

no game is finished so no game is art. art is found in completion, like the bottom of a cold can of ravioli you wolf down before going back to sleep for the day.

May 8, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

This is the literal opposite of the truth!! Art is never finished either, because half of art is the reaction a person has to it!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!

"art is finished when it receives a numerical score, defining its worth in our canon forever"

- relax or die, 4.7

May 8, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

I'm just messing around :shobon:

no worries i do often refer to myself as a 'toronto 6' so you got me here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

i'm the most boring person in here you fascinating fucks