Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica
Hello dead corner of our dead forum. 2020 was some poo poo, huh. My wife and I didn't leave town much this past year. We just got vaccinated but everything everywhere is still extremely weird ofc. I feel like it's the start of Fallout and we are looking out the door of the shelter. We haven't used much vacation, should we travel for a couple of weeks? I feel like that was a thing we liked to do, in the before-times.

We live in the US and really enjoyed backpacking to: Mexico, Japan, lots of places in Europe. I don't think there was any country that wasn't a fantastic time. Anyone want to recommend a country or two to go visit for 2 weeks, 6 weeks from now?

If that is hard to enjoy these days, we could just hike in Yellowstone or something I guess. Been hiking a lot lately, idk what the rest of the world is doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica
We decided not to do it. It would feel weird to go sightseeing anywhere the local people are mostly shut down. Like we are cutting in line for a return to normalcy. Iceland might be a possibility.

We haven’t so much as stayed in a hotel for a year. Rather than go around the world to see what tourism is like in the COVID vaccine era, we will get our feet wet by spending the weekend in a nearby city. We are eager to see what the world looks like now, but probably should relearn what we enjoy about traveling from the ground up.

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

Saladman posted:

Europe should mostly be open for anyone to get a vaccine by the time you were planning to come. I'm getting mine on Thursday and I'm in the last priority group, for instance, and I think everyone over 18 who wants a vaccine is supposed to be able to get at least the first shot by mid to late June in most EU countries. The US is about 6-8 weeks ahead of the EU.

That’s not too bad then. I see Greece is eager for tourists, but they might be lagging on vaccinations.

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica
Huh, CDC and the White House say Covid is over, trust the vaccine and (aside from masks on airplanes) drop all precautions. Maybe Europe will declare Covid over soon also.

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Brazil is acting like it is actively trying to kill everyone. I wouldn’t count on anything there, they are evolving new strains faster than they are building immunity