Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I hope idiots in 20 years refer to the American equivalent of The Troubles as The Cool Zone unironically in their papers and books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Luckily we've got a time proven method of dealing with nobles. :guillotine:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Part of it is that everything is so over leveraged that a “small” inflationary period ruins everyone’s cash flow for the next 5 years and everything explodes. When you apply the lessons of just-in-time logistics to your cashflow and you have 5% less cashflow on your triple derivative margin calls you’re gonna collapse

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I’ve heard many times that there are two navy Nuke electrician billets in the White House for general electrical gopher work that they’re perfect for. Still sounds like a rumor though

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
“Nukes” are the pejorative term for the enlisted depression corps that run all the reactors and support equipment. Because of the skill set they often get shore duty in odd billets where you need a reliable gopher.

I spent 80% of my time fixing things like the laundry dryer and galley stove and a cumulative total of 0% fixing the reactor. Tech training is just generally useful.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Yeah, it always seems like developments are named for what they destroy

Capitalist Carriage Houses :getin:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
As a member of the MIC i've decided to forsake my morals and lobby for $950b for the MIC and a $4,000 raise for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
As an engineer I can confirm engineers are bad. I am a desk warrior though so definitely doubly bad, which negates and makes me actually very good.