Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Mr. Nice! posted:

You want some traffic fun?

Instead of a roundabout, its a weird figure eight. If you’re going faster than 15mph or so it almost feels like you’re going to flip. This is in Hays, KS.

The vestigial Vine St. isn’t actually a road anymore. The yellow road is Vine now.

I've been to Hays once before and I'm trying to remember if I saw that.

Edit: I did drive through that intersection but I don't remember anything jumping out at me as weird about it.

Flikken fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is relatively new construction. It was built in the last year or so. I’ve never driven through anything like it.

It’s very much a traffic calming design because people used to race down vine at 60+ and now you can’t go faster than 20 through that part or you’re gonna have a bad day.

E: google street view hasn’t updated since the construction so it still looks like two lighted intersections. It’s very different now.

Ok, I was out there in December of 2019

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

SquirrelyPSU posted:

The whole point of the diverging diamond is to lessen the possibility of that. You'd have to drive over a curb.

We've got 1 in PA. 2 more under construction to my knowledge.

They put roundabouts in at the front and back end of my home town and I think someone plowed through the sign under the influence in the first week.

That's because pennsylvania roads are a madmax free for all

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

US Berder Patrol posted:

everyone on every freeway everywhere is a horrible monster

In Pennsylvania,

No ladar, radar only for state police and only stationary.

Speed limits are treated as optional....

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Now I'm having a Dean Pelton moment where I don't know what's a pun or not and I can't tell if the joke is going way the gently caress over my head or if there wasn't a joke to begin with.

Either way, shame on an IGA should wear that sixer like a Purple Heart.

Dude got trapped in a porta potty in Gettysburg

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

How luxury could her apartment building be if it is connected to a grocery store??

If this is a thing for rich people please ignore me

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That entire region pays the trades poo poo and treats them like it. I hope the steelworkers eventually brought in wring every goddamn penny they can take from both states. But it's gonna be guys getting offered <$15/hr to dangle over the river on 1099 contracts at first, because it's the South and gently caress you for trying to get ahead.

Personally, kinda looking forward to it falling in the river, but my hate for Tennessee grows stronger every year. Arkansas can suck it for giving us Walmart.

As I sit here in Mississippi planning my return drive to KC, I'm wondering what would be the least annoying way home. The most direct route is through Memphis, goddamn bridge.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Crab Dad posted:

Can someone please remind Cruz he's so spineless he let the president bag on his wife?

Or that he fled the country over a power outage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Gaetz might actually be down for Lee Harvey Oswald since he shot a liberal