Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Check your bingo cards to see if you had “Delhi about to run out of water” :stare:

https://twitter.com/timesofindia/status/1389809382498586626

This is some scary, scary poo poo going on there.

I don't often say "well, this cannot possibly get any worse", but Jesus Christ.
Five days ago, the Bundeswehr sent a crisis team and several shipments of respirators and oxygen-generators/bottling stations over there, but with the scale of the situation, that was barely a drop in the ocean.

And now they have a loving water shortage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

And by the way, it's quite clear at this point that conspiracy theorists have ahold of the Maricopa County, Arizona ballots.

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1390021943777181700?s=19

Oh poo poo, my man's got 5k cameras looking at this?

loving sold.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

My favorite benefit from my corporate overlords moving from Skype to Teams is that meeting owners can now generate reports of meeting attendance BY ATTENDANT AND OVERALL TIME OF ATTENDANCE.

Doesn't really change a lot regarding participants you can exert direct influence on (because if those folks regularly don't attend, you're a lovely team leader / organizer), but boy howdy, has it ever had a great impact on those folks outside my disciplinary "jurisdiction" that have now noticed their attendance in weekly meetings can now be summarized in a report at the click of a button by me.

Oh, the quality engineer/project purchaser of a different department that is a mandatory participant in my weekly meeting has attended said meetings for a grand total of 23 minutes since January? It'd be a drat shame if I could visualize that with no effort whatsoever the next time the higher-ups ask me why poo poo's going sideways with a supplier.

:clint:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Happy VE day, you dinguses.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

In a rare occurrence of non-poo poo news on the German Covid front, we've now managed to ramp up to an average of 850k doses administered per day during the work week (vaccination centers plus GPs), while the vaccination centers are pulling around 300k doses per day by themselves on the weekends.
We're up to 34 million folks that have received at least one dose, with 7.5 million of those having received both doses.

Still rookie numbers, but I'm doing my best to stay positive over here.

What dampens my optimism a bit is that the second the 7-day rolling average of new infections per 100k pop drops below 100, the "emergency lockdown" regulations go out of effect. Mind you, that is still far from the whole "OPEN 'ER UP" strategy, because masks are still mandatory, and testing before service / registration before service is still mandatory depending on the service, but beer gardens opening in the Munich area this coming Tuesday, even under "strict regulation" seems like a bad idea to me.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yo, those are some MMA-tier excuses

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Ummm...someone explain to me real quick why these fine Israeli police gentlemen have nailguns.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

:sickos:

quote:

At a recent hearing for Richard Barnett, an Arkansas man perhaps best known for being photographed with his feet propped up on a desk in Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office, prosecutors said that they had offered a deal that could result in a sentence of 70 to 87 months in prison. Mr. Barnett’s lawyer, Steven Metcalf, later said he was disappointed with the proposal and could not understand why the government was offering so much time to a man who had not broken anything nor hurt anyone inside the Capitol.

“It seems like they’re actually trying to dissuade us defense attorneys from entertaining these offers as serious,” Mr. Metcalf said. “That’s how far off they are.”

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 14:54 on May 13, 2021

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

How do these airstrikes keep felling buildings in perfect implosion demolitions?

I mean yeah, that question sounds all TRUTHER-y, which would be kinda moot because I'd assume the IDF can just roll in in force and demo-charge high-rises, but this is like the third building that they just "beautifully" collapse from a demolition standpoint. Are they lobbing a bunch of JDAMs at the bases of the buildings or something?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

The Maricopa County Board of Supervisors (elections) is majority republican. They've had enough of the fraudit and don't really give a poo poo if Donnie's going to lie up a storm. This letter rules.

https://twitter.com/srl/status/1394397269064142851?s=19

https://twitter.com/Garrett_Archer/status/1394390280560812033?s=19

The Cyber Ninjas are bad at computers.

This really is some solid shade.

quote:

5. We will not attend your meeting on May 18, 2021.
In your letter, you invite us to attend a meeting at the Arizona State Capitol on
Tuesday, May 18, 2021, at 1:00 p.m., and you request that we bring Election
Department officials who would have knowledge of our elections procedures.
We will not be attending. We will not be responding to any additional inquiries
from your “auditors”. Their failure to understand basic election processes is
an indication you didn’t get the best people to perform in your political theatre.
We have wasted enough County resources. People’s tax dollars are real,
your “auditors” are not.

They're legit using this already debunked claim by the IDF to further subvert news organizations, and news reporting altogether.

It's truly disgusting.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Finally, a 3-ton BEV... Ford is only about 3 years late :cripes:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

That Works posted:

poo poo going on.

https://twitter.com/Bitfinexed/status/1395063427366785043

I'll stop posting about crypto stuff if people want, just not tons going on and its moderately interesting.

I'm fine with having news or info presented by folks that know about it, since I personally basically know diddly-squat about whatever this Zelle earlier or the development is overall.

I can interpret a graph of price going down over time and a clip of Elon fake-hitting a joint on Joe Rogan, but that's about it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Didn't John Oliver do a bit on the absolutely desolate state and budget of the offices tasked with infrastructure inspection several years ago? Some states had fewer than a handful of inspectors for the entirety of their states dams, with Alabama or some yokel state only having a single one?

I have absolutely no trouble believing that whoever they fired for that mississippi bridge probably was in such an impossible position that they were forced to rubberstamp reports on infrastructure based on projected failures.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh my god

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Abongination posted:

I'm so jealous of the legal weed crowd. Australia will get there eventually but we've still got conservatives in power with a weird Christian cult member as prime minister.

The capital Territory partially legalised 8 months ago with no noticeable effect but you still have folks clutching pearls.

I hate feeling like a criminal for having a bit of plant matter at home.

Edit- seen an oz go for $450 recently

Germany will never get there.
I mean, we might see some level of decriminalization in my lifetime, but good lord, we'll take our time to even discuss legalization. The green party, which has gained quite some traction over the last year, and whose candidate for chancellor is currently traded as a very real possibility to take the office, is a proponent for legalization, but they're getting shouted down massively by all other parties, which makes the issue a bit of a poison pill for potential coalition partners to form government.

And even IF we get decriminalization or legalization, I guaran-loving-tee you that Bavaria is gonna be the last state where you'll be free to smoke up.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Can you give those of us that know neither of these people or the incident in question some context on this?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm not sure if it's really "burying the lede", but it's not like four million Palestinians had "regular" access to water to begin with.

...or power.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I will definitely not write a script to automate this later this week and post it here

Oh, definitely don't.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

:nms: failure-to-deploy pelvic MRI from a friend of a friend at Bragg https://i.imgur.com/T6ydVrL.jpg :nms:

Last I heard he's back on AD

Well, that's certainly not how that rolled off the assembly line. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

From the comments:

https://twitter.com/CryptoMormonist/status/1399492892448673796

:drat: