Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Kesper North posted:

Awww, but why? This thread has pretty much the best news analysis I've seen on SA

Let me ask you your opinions on public transit....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Replace all cars with gyrocopters.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

As Nero Danced posted:

Personally I always wanted one, but I'd be afraid of my engineering ability having an incident with gravity.

Gravity is the only law I can't break.

E-I have titanium knees from my last effort.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

They will never over turn Feres- there would be an incredible amount of lawsuits because we put 19 yo alcoholics in charge of the healthcare of the masses.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I've shared the story before, I think. Baltimore VA ER, I sat for 12 hours without seeing a doc, after having neurological symptoms presenting stroke-like. Finally flag down a nurse who actually comes back 'in just a minute'.

"Bring me papers, I'm going home."
"You can't. You haven't seen a doctor."
"Exactly why I'm leaving."
"You cannot leave."
"Ma'am, I can, and I don't think you have enough security to stop me. Please bring me the papers so I can go."

I was polite, and made it sound jokey, but whatever happened is done by that loving point, and I'm not dead. gently caress off.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

piL posted:

Edit:

To: All except Boop the Snoot

Subj: Re: That's where you're all messed up dude.

gently caress gently caress gently caress how do you delete post?

[/quote]

I am not on this distro. Please remove me from mailing list.

::replies all::

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I still love that the Pentagon came to a screeching halt for a couple hours (? It was a bit) because people couldn't figure out how to use email.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Mike Rowe was also a classically trained opera singer.

That motherfucker is very, VERY far removed from the kinda bullshit he spews. He's never had to work his way from poverty.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I had similar lovely views when I was younger, because I was raised with the belief that good work ethic and determination will make you a millionaire.

It might. But you are starting 10 seconds behind the fastest sprinter in the 100 meter sprint.

What changed me was the Army. I watched dudes who should be rewarded, who should be having incredible success and early promotions, never get gently caress all besides a certificate for working 3- 23hr days in a row. That whole organization is "predicated" on pushing the best people forward, and instead I saw shitbags who knew who to talk to get ahead by playing politics.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I've went into detail here and there all the poo poo I've been through, and what I go through with injuries and whatnot-

If you told me that everyone in America could have what I do now- a decent quality of life, stable sources of food/shelter, and loving healthcare- I would do it 2 or 3 times over again, because it's what our citizens deserve.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

ASAPI posted:

Like literally? Just now?

Or were you making a statement about the young man who conducted the interview and was then "removed"?

No, a literal lynching, apparently.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

Jesus this is an unbelievably disturbing article. Is it still that bad since the head of SOCOM started taking notice?

I'm not surprised. You spend 20 years telling dudes they are above the law, they start to act like they are.
Special Forces had similar problems during Vietnam/Post-VN. They expanded drastically, and unfortunately, that means cultural changes, if not change in quality. The mission set by necessity requires more than a fair measure of clan/tribalism, which creates a circular cycle.
Add to that, the OPTEMPO and Operational History of SMU/SOF forces, the military made the mold for the issue.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'm dealing with the very issue at the moment.

Also, this jives with my service. Every dude I saw who had acquitted themselves well in contact were all kids with hosed up childhoods.

E- no one has a link or article to that report, do they?

bulletsponge13 fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 14, 2021

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I love the fact I live in PA. Small pockets of reasonableness surrounded by pools of chuddy insanity. Highlights include

-my daughter's Mexican BF telling her, "I really thought your Dad would be a racist piece of poo poo." (Given my demographic and area we live in, not a bad assumption)

-"You seem pretty, Uh, liberal for the area."
"Yeah. Wanting people to have a fair shot at life and healthcare makes me a loving liberal, I guess."
"I really thought you'd drop Trump poo poo on me here."

-and having an old man tell me he wanted to hate crime "those people" and democrats after a cursory conversation asking if I can pet his dog.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

It's not hard to sneak a razor into a courthouse from jail. Or to find something to make a shank if motivated.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Nah, GOP is rewriting history, and saying that the Insurrectionists were no more dangerous or damaging than a regular tour group.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Hamas is using bioweapons on American soil.

Because that poo poo is sick.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'm going to sound like a greedy gently caress, but I think they need to remove the offset for CRSC/VA pay.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

That dude deserved a loving MOH.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

lightpole posted:

He was a civilian, DoT has their own stuff.

I misread that he had received the DSC.

Still lovely. And makes the Merchant Marine/Mobile Infantry bit in Starship Troopers.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

There is only one good form of golf.
Putt-putt, or minigolf, as most call it.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I really think Golf is dumb.
Putt putt is colourful and fun, and doesn't have the bullshit requirements for dress code.

Plus, I'm a big fan of minority people being able to play.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Graveyards are stupid, too.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Toss me in that nuke disposal site with the cool sign.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Wingnut Ninja posted:

NOTHING OF VALUE IS BURIED HERE

EXCEPT BULLETSPONGE13

HE WAS ALRIGHT

This made me lol way more than is healthy.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I want to donate my body to ballistics/explosives research. Maybe even after I kick it.

Did it while alive, 3/10, would not recommend.

The only thing I'm really concerned with for my death is getting my brain checked for CTE.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

MRC48B posted:

The newest section to enlistment contracts, a :10bux: bonus for willing your corpse to the army.

I no poo poo would have taken that option.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Defenestrategy posted:

Is that where they toss your corpse out of the back of an air plane? That sounds metal.

No- they dump bodies in a designated place, and let carrion eaters take it.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I wonder how dem ol Trump boys gonna get outta this one!

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'm a bad person, but i can't bring myself to bring any moral judgement against Belarus considering the way America has acted.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Defenestrategy posted:

Why not? You don't need the moral high ground to look at something and say "That's bad, I wish things weren't like that there" and also look at home and say "That's bad I wish things weren't like that here".

Because I honestly don't give a gently caress.
The world is run by monsters.
My moral outrage changes nothing. It provides nothing of value. It's a waste of time and energy I don't feel is worth the expenditure.

And lets be real here- in the scheme of things, their little rest stop don't mean poo poo. It changes nothing. It does nothing. This isn't like "maybe he needs a break from doomscrolling", this is reality. My moral and ethical framework does not jive with that of the world powers. My outrage, my anger, my righteous indignation- it changes nothing. I just can't find the big loving deal when I look at what any country does, but most importantly, America.

It's cool. I'm not judging anyone else. I just can't find the will to be outraged over this relatively minor thing in the arena of world power.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Cugel the Clever posted:

Not to be a dick, but then why put energy into making and then defending the "lol nothing matters" case? If you're not judging anyone else and don't think the issue matters, is there any intent to chiming in beyond reaffirming your personal nihilism?

I can't be assed to give a gently caress what monsters do. It's the grand scheming poo poo that doesn't matter. You want to bring individual poo poo for me to be upset? Let's do it. But I can't be hosed to worry about this big poo poo.

My rage doesn't do poo poo but raise my blood pressure. Short of attempting violent direct action, there is absolutely nothing I can do to affect it.

America made that poo poo ok; if the big kids can do it without getting in trouble, then why not everyone else?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

boop the snoot posted:

The system is working as intended, as evidenced by this post.

Thanks for you valuable insight.

Please let me know when my strongly worded letter will change the Belarusian Government decision making process. I'm sure they give a gently caress what I have to say.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

boop the snoot posted:

They don’t give a gently caress what you have to say. And what you say doesn’t matter. That’s the system working as intended.

I’m agreeing with you, rear end in a top hat.

Then apologies. I misunderstood the tone through text, and my bad.
Sorry.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

They are just preparing the hospital for renovations-contracted to KBR.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

It's only a wedding strike if it's in the middle east, otherwise it's just a sparkling war crime.

Art. Have my babies.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Grip it and rip it posted:

Extraordinary rendition! Extraordinary REN-DIT-ION!!!

Edit: I don't know about the rest of you but I think kidnapping is bad :smug:

No one cares. Wake me up when we fight the fake Mounties on top the train.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

It ceased to have any amusement when he broke down. Dude knows he's broke brained, but doesn't know how or where to get help/support.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Defenestrategy posted:

Yea, I thought it was just gonna be some dumb rear end freak out, but it's just a dude with severe brain worms wondering why everyone else can't see the vaccine is obvious a way to kill everyone. Fuckin' tragic

The hurt when he wails "my loving wife died"😥

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

So apparently Dakota Meyer did something to piss off gun owners in the recent.

Anyone have any clue what he did? Because I ain't finding anything recent.