Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
And this is what happens when your driver education and testing is about on par with giving away driver's licenses in a crackerjack box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I had a hard rear end for a driving tester at the DMV. It was a low population county and everyone got him as a teenager for like, a 30 year stretch. He was the type that would put his coffee on the dash and if you spilled a drop, you'd see him again in a week.

I'd been driving cars on the farm since I was 12, tractors at 13, grain trucks at 14. I failed twice. Once because the sidewalk was icy and someone fell on their rear end trying to walk by as I was doing a 3 point, weren't even in the way.

I took my third test in a different county, larger population, sailed right through because I could parallel park.

I failed my written test first go around. It was a 2 parter, and I got 20/20 and 8/10, that was a fail. Passed it second time. My practical test I jump in the car, and there's this gruff old fuckin' unit in there, I say hi, and he says "I tested police on their pursuit cert for 20 years, and if they failed, I made them walk back. You're lucky I can't do that with you."

I scraped by, and he said I was his first first-time-go that he'd had in years, but he would've failed me except I was blipping the throttle on the down shift and he liked that.

In the US, day 1 I took the written, the computer stopped bothering to ask me questions at 20 correct and said I passed. Day 2 I took my practical test and it was a leisurely drive through a local neighborhood, and then a parallel park in a mazda 3 that I probably could've nosed a tahoe into front first.

I honestly thought the lady was fuckin' with me.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Lowest bidder contract cures me of all these iron man fantasies that the military has.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Just got that first Pfizer jab, cell reception hasn't improved yet.

What's been the usual side effects for people so far?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Well, that guy sounds pretty normal.

Okay, so did anyone else get an ungodly foot cramping after the Pfizer shot? Comes and goes at random? That's gotta be completely unrelated, right?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

facialimpediment posted:

All things related to joint discomfort are normal, though non-GI cramping isn't listed. Personally, my second shot turned my already-sore ankles into overdrive.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/expect/after.html

Basically, the body's response to the vaccine is to inflame absolutely everything, especially related to joints. Feel free to hit the tylenol / NSAIDs.

Oh, that's handy.

Yeah, so apparently some people are reporting stabbing pains in a foot or feet, supposed to last up to 48 hours.

gently caress it, if that's the worst of it, that's pretty neat.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mr. Nice! posted:

Laying a $35k harley on the ground so you can tackle a dude on a bicycle.

At LEAST.

Now he's got some dented exhaust headers, probably some scratched paint, and probably a bent shifter and clutch lever, over jaywalking.

Also, the most leisurely and relaxing police evasion up until that point.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Kazinsal posted:

As long as there's more than one class, there will always be bootlickers trying to poo poo all over the common folk in order to ascend.

Gotta lick that boot with the dream that you'll one day wear it.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I haven't been sick once since I started wearing masks, and it was pretty nice through winter having a convenient face warmer.

If it has the added benefit of weird dickheads leaving me alone, that's the winning trifecta right there. Mask fo' life.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I went for a wander around outside just now and my mask is now the color of pollen, so thanks mask I didn't want to be the victim of tree bukake but if that's your thing I won't kink shame.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Prime excuse to get rid of wrestling as an olympic event.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Handsome Ralph posted:

I just go to the driving range for the first part. Helps that my brother works at a Top Golf.

I used to hit the driving range reasonably often. Never really good at it but when you had nothing else going on it was a cheap time.

Unless that little fuckin' ball collecting buggy came. Holy fuckin' christmas there is nothing I've ever lusted after harder in all my life, and my transformation from the typical clientele of middle aged divorcee trying to seem classy to John Daly esque golf sniper was immediate, ferocious, and fiery.

Good god I wanted to smash that thing and I don't know why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Some people give a gently caress

https://twitter.com/YVindman/status/1399347403724034055