Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Yeah, not to backseat moderate but that was a well thought out joke based on current events. Definitely was a shitpost though.

It was a joke 6er. Both parties talk to each other off the forums and were laughing about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

facialimpediment posted:

hey

call me when u get a chance

Maybe they want to have a conversation that is not recorded? People are sometimes more candid face to face or over the phone when there isn't an obvious record of them saying a thing.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Defenestrategy posted:

If thats the case I should make it more well known that Georgia is a one party consent state

You've never had a time where you wanted to be frank about a situation with a coworker but didn't want to write down your thoughts in case someone got ahold of the email later?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

If that was the case, every trucking company would be lining their rigs with cameras to prove it. It's because they pay their drivers poo poo and run them ragged on hosed up scheduling, so they might have 10-14 hours a day "off" but it'll be broken into weird blocks to fit your pick up and delivery windows.

The good old days, people would run two sets of logs so if they got pulled over, they could hand out the one that has them with legal time left, while stuffing the other somewhere they can only hope the cop or DOT won't look. They had to run two books because they couldn't make enough running one. Trucking has always paid poo poo.

gently caress everything about the trucking industry as it is today, even yesterday. Pay the drivers, and they will deliver your poo poo.

Most decent sized trucking lines do have cameras, qualcom connectivity, and Lytx to monitor speed, braking, follow distance, etc.

A bog standard OTR vans driver can pull in 80k a year right now and have every other weekend home. Driver pay has gone up something like 27% over the last 18 months and there are no signs of it decreasing.

I’d say there is a 10-15 year window where labor has the market by the balls. After that automation and self driving trucks will probably take over.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Soylent Pudding posted:

This reminds me that I used to troll chuds who felt women have no place in the military by saying "The IDF has women in combat branches and they're better than the marine corps". And if they pushed back, "They certainly have a better record of murdering brown peoplefighting terrorists the past 50 years."

Yeah but can they walk really far carrying heavy poo poo?

Checkmate libs.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I feel bad for whoever has to clean the courtroom. Kind of a dick move to off yourself in public but guess that cat is out of the bag.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

CommieGIR posted:

Eh, disagree. Golf is a gigantic waste of space, and is pretty much about excluding people and encourage classism.

I played golf when I was stationed in 29 Palms since it got me out of wearing my service uniforms on Fridays. I had a black co worker who I never really did anything outside of work with. One week he asked me to go golf with him in Palm Springs. I accepted and on the way down to the golf course I asked why he invited me out after almost two years of working together and never doing anything outside work.

He told me he was afraid to be a black dude alone on some fancy golf course in Palm Springs and felt safer knowing he had a white friend with him.

I don’t really have a point other than to say I had no idea that was a thing people had to consider but being white it was something just never saw in person.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I want a few of my buddies to steal my body from the morgue, drag me out into the middle of Joshua Tree National Park, and unsuccessfully cremate my body on account of there not being a ton of poo poo to burn in the middle of the desert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

This is current and made my afternoon so thank you for the link.