Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

If something changed and a car commute that took 20 minutes now took 40, but the bus or a bike still took 30 minutes, you wouldn't reconsider your options?

No, because I often have to go to other places after work than what public transport has routes for. I live in near a big city with a large metro and bus system and horrible traffic. Yet driving still takes me half the time to go to work than taking two buses and two metro trains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

Meshka posted:

No, because I often have to go to other places after work than what public transport has routes for. I live in near a big city with a large metro and bus system and horrible traffic. Yet driving still takes me half the time to go to work than taking two buses and two metro trains.

To add to this, most Americans will not give up driving nor should they. I think that the government should provide a financial incentive to produce and help buy electric vehicles and at the same time enact regulations to penalize gas powered vehicle production.

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

This is exactly the attitude that prevents anything good from getting done. Mass transit and bike/pedestrian traffic are way, way more efficient than any sort of passenger car, including electric cars.

Maybe inside a big city, but most people cannot afford to move closer to work so you would have to have European scale mass transit systems in the suburbs. Also lol at bikes in United States, a massive country. I would rather quit my job than bike to work and back four hours a day. Now add weather and physical impairments to that.

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

Hyrax Attack! posted:

That makes me think of the Americans how the spy family wouldn't even keep leftover Russian food in their fridge on the tiny chance someone would recognize it and start asking questions. Dang that was a good show.

It is interesting how Russian and Chinese spies differ. Russians are trained for infiltration, but the Chinese are usually recruited locally, especially 1st gen ones. Russians go for quality and Chinese for quantity,l.

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

Meshka posted:

It is interesting how Russian and Chinese spies differ. Russians are trained for infiltration, but the Chinese are usually recruited locally, especially 1st gen ones. Russians go for quality and Chinese for quantity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

Well known as understood as things are germany.