Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Zamujasa posted:

Where did April go?

Seriously, that month just vanished.

Thankfully it did! Flying back that states. Been 11 stressful months of wondering if the country was gonna collapse. A quick stable April was just what I needed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

O'l Mustang Gorky had a decent memo. Guess everything went off on an Adderall rail.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

GoGoGadget posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3yngLPkA2U&t=98s

It's not science fiction. It's what we do every day.

Save a lot of weight for more weapons if they got rid of the clothes and helmet.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I kinda figured as much, but I've never owned a gas grill, or had the need for a tank of propane bigger than a handheld torch size.

I got 5 tanks in three different sizes. Filling them up is super cheap compared to exchanging them. I would think at least having a Buddy heating system with a small 1 gallon tank would be good for everyone in case of power loss in winter. The little heaters have low oxygen cutoff and can even be used in a tent. I use the adapter to a bigger tank i can place outside a window and stuff the crack with a towel.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

what a loving boot

lol

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Didnt have to???? Then why did you give us guns???

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

hobbesmaster posted:

Presumably the .30 cal machine guns opposed to a .50?

typically had 3 .30cal in addition to its 37mm pop gun.

I almost got killed by one sliding down a hill many years ago. thankfully it hit a tree about 10feet between it and me

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Soylent Pudding posted:

This is a good story. This Jewish American will vouch for you that criticizing Israel isn't anti-semetic. Truth be told the worst microaggressions I get are from the staunch pro-Israel chuds. And lol the reactions I get if I tell them that my Jewish faith is why I support Palestinian liberation.

I once met an Israeli Air Force officer in a professional capacity. At the bar later he said some poo poo about Palestinians that was so vilely racist it would make a klansman blush. As a Jewish American I felt compelled to call him out on it. And he told me to shut the gently caress up because he survived two bus bombings as a child during the second intafada. I wish at that age I'd had the guts to tell him that if he'd grown up on the other side of the wall he'd be in Hamas. But how the gently caress do you deradicalize someone like that?

A friend used to be a biblical archeologist and lived in Israel for years. While there he worked with a non profit that sponsored a summer archeology camp for Israeli and Palestinian children to promote pease through celebrating their shared cultural heritage. He said the first day of camp was the most heartbreaking. The Israeli children had never met a Palestinian and vice versa. So the two groups of kids would huddle apart, terrified the other group just wanted to murder them.

He also observed that as an American he had more freedom than Israelis or Palestinians because his passport let him freely cross Israeli security checkpoints between Israel and Palestine and the security checkpoints within occupied Palestine. Apparently it used to be a thing for liberal Israelis to go to Ramallah (which has its own colonial and poverty tourism implications) but the Israeli government tightened up on that because personal and economic interaction might actually encourage detante and the far right can't have that. But when the only Israeli interactions are from their mandatory IDF service bailing out settler militias that deliberately provoke incidents, and the only Palestinian interactions are militias and airstrikes, how do you loving start a peace process. I don't know the answer but I know it's Israel's responsibility to figure it out because they're the ones with all the power. And international pressure must reflect that.

When I was in Israel I visited Rabin square, where he was assassinated by far right terrorists for the crime of signing a peace treaty. One of the women I was traveling with spend the whole trip looking forward to praying at the Temple mount in her tefillin. When we arrived at the temple mount we learned that to appease the orthodox community it is illegal for women to pray in tefillin at the wall and one of the men in the group had to wear it for her. I also got to see the Israeli national cemetery in Jerusalem which includes the graves of some of the founders of modern Zionism. I learned there the heavy security is not to protect the memorials from Palestinian agitators, but from far right Israelis who think Zionism and Israel as a disgrace for selling out short of fully restoring the biblical kingdom.

Growing up I was always told that no matter how bad anti-semetisim gets I will always have a safe refuge in Israel. In the darker moments of the rise of white supremacy under trump, after the temple shootings, the bomb threats made against my temple, openly concealed carrying chuds handing out militia flyers at Walmart, yeah I've had the thought of "if America isn't safe where the gently caress do I go?" One country prominently not on the list is Israel. How the gently caress could I live with myself actively persecuting others as a refugee from hatred? While plenty of Jewish people call Israel home, the abomination that is Israeli apartheid means it cannot be a home to the Jewish people. But if I can't flee hatred to Israel then Israel has failed and Zionism has failed.

Okay I've been up since 2 am so thanks for reading my ramblings of despair. I'll summarize the important bit.
Tl;dr: free Palestine

It was a good read man. I'm just scared we will go down the same path in the united states with anyone who doesnt pass a paper bag test.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

pantslesswithwolves posted:

TL; DR- someone’s love for big tittays allowed for the compromise of critical infrastructure and led to fuel shortages across the mid-Atlantic.

https://twitter.com/LikeAndBlock/status/1392640160655945729

let he who has not fallen for a set of big ol' CANS throw the first stone.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Improbable Lobster posted:

The vaccine doesn't provide complete immunity, so you could be vaccinated and still be an asymptomatic carrier. You should continue to wear masks in public situations because masks are more effective at preventing the wearer from spreading illness to others than they are at protecting the wearer from illness. Keep wearing your mask in public for other people's sake.

They need to accelerate the research on the possibility that long term affects of COVID can affect your junk's ability to get up. Nobody cares about other people but I dont know a single man who wants his dicks to be lame.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

not caring here posted:

I haven't been sick once since I started wearing masks, and it was pretty nice through winter having a convenient face warmer.

If it has the added benefit of weird dickheads leaving me alone, that's the winning trifecta right there. Mask fo' life.

A poo poo ton of us got sick with the common cold in late September after we finished 4 weeks of liberty. Truly surprised how fast it ripped through the crew. Thank God it wasnt Covid, poo poo spreads so fast in a metal box. I'll be wearing my mask inside of buildings for quite awhile.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I really hope my cousin doesn’t take this as a sign to buy buy buy!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Well it's been fine for this long what's the big deal?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

That Works posted:

I just heard about this a couple hours ago and yeah its real sad. Dude worked with a bunch of famous artists and had a bunch of new ones work as his assistants etc, definitely had a big influence on the entire field.

Also lmao

https://twitter.com/r0wdy_/status/1395445416166977539?s=20

Can someone please remind Cruz he's so spineless he let the president bag on his wife?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Mustang posted:

When I was younger and wanted to be an archaeologist I wanted to be buried in some kind of monument type structure along with some time capsule type poo poo that could be interesting for future people to dig through.

Now you can just toss my body in dumpster or whatever. It's not like I'll need it anymore.

However as a fellow WA resident this is also a cool option.

At one point I was looking at options to be dragged off the coast and dumped 10 miles out of West Port.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Look into being dynamited on a beach after drifting back to shore, that'd be good for a :lol:

Hrm. I think if they dumped you purposely in deep enough water the critters will take care of you quick enough.

Also I’m not that fat, jerk.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

ElMaligno posted:

We have unvaccinated peolle wear masks inside policy.

I currently have one of them on watch and he is wearing his mask... on his chin...

Slam that report button. gently caress him.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

What the hell is this all about? That's a lot of gun fire.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

shame on an IGA posted:

Weirdest UXO case I've heard of in a while, someone found a WW1 25 pound aerial bomb in their shed in Myrtle Beach

https://wpde.com/news/local/gallery/did-you-hear-that-an-unexploded-ordnance-found-in-a-myrtle-beach-shed-was-just-disposed-of

yeah that fuse looks a little suss to be a dummy practice bomb.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Now I’m surprised it may actually be a dummy practice bomb. I figured they would have gone without the fuse for dropping them in sand to potentially reuse them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Basticle posted:

I know literally nothing about my grandfather's time in WW2 (as he unsurprisingly never talked about it) other than he was a machine gunner in Europe.

what the

Sounds he was a paratrooper for a hot second.