Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

shame on an IGA posted:

My Very Dear Sarah:

Indications are very strong the bowel shall move in a few days, perhaps to-morrow. Lest I should not be able to write you again, I feel impelled to write a few lines, that may fall under your eye when I shall be no more.

Our movement may be one of a few days duration and full of pleasure and it may be one of severe conflict and death to me. Not my will, but thine, O God be done. If it is necessary that I should fall on the blue-water for any country, I am ready. I have no misgivings about, or lack of confidence in, the cause in which I am engaged, and my courage does not halt or falter.

:perfect:

but also reported for shitposting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

boop the snoot posted:

Wow so the side effects on the second moderna have an 18 hour delay it seems.

This sucks.

Yeah, it was by far the worst reaction I've ever had to a vaccine and I felt like poo poo the whole following day. Fortunately it seems to completely go away after a day for most people.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Oh my god, that was a joke because it was literally a post about poo poo, I didn't actually report it. Now I feel like a monster. :ohdear:

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Overall I'm pretty happy to be stationed back on the west coast, but the degree to which southern California is subsumed by car culture drives me nuts (pun very much not intended). There are a few restaurants near me that if you order takeout on their web sites, they require you to enter your car's make and model for curbside pickup. The idea that you might actually walk there is not even considered. Just this morning I went to pick up a breakfast sandwich at one place, and when it wasn't ready yet when I arrived the hostess said I could just wait in my car and they would bring it out. Cue a moment of awkwardness when I explain I just walked over, and due to COVID they've blocked off all their seating in the entry area, so... I guess I'll just stand here?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

boop the snoot posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1390114275621056512?s=21

“I see too many homeless people on my way to my private jet”

gently caress you and I hope you get engine failure mid flight you assholes.

That's a terrible thing to wish on these people.

Engine failure is relatively survivable in a modern airplane. "I hope you fly into the side of a mountain" would be more beneficial for society, as well as more likely given the way a lot of these assholes fly.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
RIP Bo Obama. :(

https://twitter.com/MichelleObama/status/1391120337115525124

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

The Eyes Have It posted:

To: person who I just talked to
Subject: confirming X

Just confirming we just spoke about Y and you want me to do X, despite/in addition/instead of Z. If you have anything to add or correct, put it in a reply to this email.

Regards

Even without the CYA angle this is helpful so that everyone has a record in a week or a month of what the hell we just agreed to do. Plus you CC any interested parties so everyone is on the same page.

A lot of the time if someone asks me to do something that I can't immediately take care of, I'll say "sure, but also please email me about it as a reminder".

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Godholio posted:

We are absolutely due for a new movie based on that (and not lovely like most MC adaptations).

The idea of the US government being well prepared and competent to contain a dangerous viral strain is such a charmingly quaint concept.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
"I know the job listing said a bachelor's degree is required, but check out this." *flashes library card*

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Sarah posted:

Hell yeah I'm ready to be a covid millionaire!

Although husband is saying since we got our vaccines at the VA they probably didn't report it to Ohio or something and we won't be in the raffle.

Probably, though in the opposite direction, I was surprised to find that the local Ralph's pharmacy that's provided like 80% of my squadron's shots apparently feeds into the Navy's medical tracking system, because their info all showed up correctly.

I wonder what our decline rate would look like if we raffled off a duty-free or special liberty chit to people who have gotten vaccinated. Unfortunately CO's aren't allowed to do anything to incentivize getting the vaccine or punish not getting it.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
DoD just released a memo saying fully vaccinated people don't have to wear masks on base, to match the new CDC guidance. :toot:

Non vaccinated people will of course continue to diligently wear masks at all times.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

ElMaligno posted:

Im already hearing complaints from the two unvaccinated people at work.

They are also both on duty with me.

I'm expecting a seamless transition from "why bother getting vaccinated if I still have to wear a mask" to "waah I'm being discriminated against".

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Itchy posted:

What an unbelievable rear end in a top hat.

Sadly, she is an entirely believable rear end in a top hat.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

bulletsponge13 posted:

Toss me in that nuke disposal site with the cool sign.

NOTHING OF VALUE IS BURIED HERE

EXCEPT BULLETSPONGE13

HE WAS ALRIGHT

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

facialimpediment posted:

The current governor (he) flew down to the Republican Governors Association meeting in Tennessee. By Idaho law, the Lieutenant Governor (she) gets full power of the governor's office until he gets back.

loving :lol: what? Is there some practical reason for this, or is this some kind of holdover from the days before telephones when a governor needed to be physically sitting on the Potato Throne in Boise in order to govern?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I couldn't find anything on my grandma from WW2, though it seems like a lot of their records are draft cards so women are probably less documented.