Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
It’s not signed or marked out properly.

I would hope that it’s also mid construction given that the reddish-pink areas look like raised areas but aren’t actually raised?

Then again, it could just be Kansas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I just want to say I feel so seen by the last two pages.

Also, it kinda bugs me when people delete messages in Teams. Or recall emails for that matter.

It’s like a weird Streisand Effect. I must know what typo requires everyone to relinquish this one email.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/pptsapper/status/1391232608487497730?s=21

quote:

Some other officers hazard that maybe Ambrose Burnside & his facial hair can march north to take Norfolk.

Holy loving lol. I don’t follow much on Twitter but I’m sold on this.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

pantslesswithwolves posted:

There might be some new problems brewing at the Chernobyl reactor site. Scientists are well aware and are attempting to find solutions, but it’s not great, not terrible at least for now.

A better explainer: there’s no chance of another super-criticality (read: explosion). It just complicates the long term plans to remove what’s left of the lava-fuel. Worst case scenario is increased radiation weakens already weakened parts of the original reactor structure, causing a partial collapse that could send radioactive dust into the air (which would be contained by the new structure placed recently).

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
A study found 12 individual accounts are responsible for 60+% of vaccine disinformation on social media.

They are:

quote:

1. Joseph Mercola
2. Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.
3. Ty and Charlene Bollinger
4. Sherri Tenpenny
5. Rizza Islam
6. Rashid Buttar
7. Erin Elizabeth
8. Sayer Ji
9. Kelly Brogan
10. Christiane Northrup
11. BenTapper
12. Kevin Jenkins

NPR broke the news of the study.

The biggest news is most of these accounts are still on the biggest social platforms, despite their press releases about shutting down mis- and disinformation.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I’m so god drat glad he’s not on Twitter. Thank gently caress.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Google Maps also took me through some rural as gently caress parts of Indiana and, in addition to tons of Trump signs, I saw god drat QAnon sign.

I drove as quickly as I could through that place.

Trump’s base is white people. The less diverse and more evangelical the place is, the more Trumpy it’ll be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Yes. The USD is silent.

I laughed way too hard at this. Thank you