Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

FrozenVent posted:

COMRADS! YOU HAD ME AT MAYDAY

CELEBRATE YOUR WORKING CLASS COMRADES!

Posts that belong in the news thread:

-Actual news
-Discussions of news. "Well I think this could have been averted if the engineer had not overgreased the bearing like a monkey who only knows one trick."
-Debate about news. "I disagree, over-lubbing a shaft bearing is a valid approach if one considers the Engin R DUMB theorem"

Things that don't belong in the news thread:

-Discussing other posters. "Stop licking the engineer's boot you dumb piece of poo poo."
-Ad hominem attack. "I bet you got your engineering license in a trashcan, where you belong, you engineer piece of poo poo."
-Attacks against merchant marine engineers. They already have it hard enough, the poor ginger bears.

This is the coast guard prepare to be boarded

Milo and POTUS posted:

You will never change america's car culture and the attitudes that make it lovely.

Perhaps instead of asking nicely, we should be more forceful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Mr. Nice! posted:

The thread for discussing how lovely it was to have to vote for Joe specifically called him out for such. No one here, that I know of, has given him a pass.

Also some people are active duty and have to be careful what they say about the president.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://twitter.com/NoahShachtman/status/1390472663500562432?s=19

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I had to deal with that poo poo for the last 6 months with craigslist people emailing poo poo to me like...
"I am interested in your bike. (phone number)"
"Is the bike still for sale"

and other incredible poo poo things. On the other hand i sold it today.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Curant event:
Came down with ligma
Went to er
Got antibiotic shot (not in the balls)
Back home petting juniper

Alexe, send all

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Stultus Maximus posted:

Gonna guess Coasties put in the work here.

COasties get mostly tied up to the mast so they navy can go "LOOK AT THE COASTIE, THAT MEANS WE CAN BOARD YOU"

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Fiji is going into lockdown

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/300306273/pacific-covid19--nine-new-cases-reported-in-fiji

Fiji's FBC news reports three of the new cases are co-workers of a staff member of Extra Supermarket, who had tested positive yesterday.
Health Permanent Secretary, Dr James Fong, said Extra Supermarket operates with a well-enforced policy of mask-wearing, and mandated that all staff and customers have the careFIJI app installed with bluetooth turned on, and this has allowed teams to identify hundreds of contacts very quickly.

That last line seems very not good

On one hand it is not, on the other hand they can do contact tracing and on my surprise third hand is super loving bad because of gov surveillance reasons.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

We are dealing with COVID the same way we dealt with Vietnam.

By ignoring we had to do anything

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

it fucks with me that the only way to improve your credit score is to be in debt

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Im already hearing complaints from the two unvaccinated people at work.

They are also both on duty with me.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

RFC2324 posted:

I can't imagine how terrifying that must have been

Yeah, white people were extremely terrified of blacks. Nowadays they are just terrified.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I want my ashes and my wife ashes to be interred in the same urn.

Kinda like Achiles and Patrolcus, but less gay.

Edit: I also swore my wife that if the afterlife is real and she ends up in the mormon version, I WILL destroy the heavens and hell to rescue her.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Hot Karl Marx posted:

If he just does it, what will the SC make people do if they find it "unconstitutional"? Make them give the money back???

Cadaver Synod of all the former presidents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

We have unvaccinated peolle wear masks inside policy.

I currently have one of them on watch and he is wearing his mask... on his chin...