Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

You want some traffic fun?

Instead of a roundabout, its a weird figure eight. If you’re going faster than 15mph or so it almost feels like you’re going to flip. This is in Hays, KS.

The vestigial Vine St. isn’t actually a road anymore. The yellow road is Vine now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Flikken posted:

I've been to Hays once before and I'm trying to remember if I saw that.

Edit: I did drive through that intersection but I don't remember anything jumping out at me as weird about it.

This is relatively new construction. It was built in the last year or so. I’ve never driven through anything like it.

It’s very much a traffic calming design because people used to race down vine at 60+ and now you can’t go faster than 20 through that part or you’re gonna have a bad day.

E: google street view hasn’t updated since the construction so it still looks like two lighted intersections. It’s very different now.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 1, 2021

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Marilyn Manson sued for rape and abuse:

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/marilyn-manson-sued-game-of-thrones-actress-rape-1234964002/

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Notahippie posted:

Bill Gates is gonna do that thing where divorced middle aged guys get publicly real weird about their sex life and I don't know if I'm going to be able to deal with it.

He’s 65. I don’t think that’s middle aged anymore since he’s now on medicare.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

PeterCat posted:

People go on and on about "Beer Judge", etc but give Biden a pass when he has a more credible accusation against him.

I don't see anyone here going "Rapey Joe." every time he's mentioned.

There's not much to elaborate on, other than people give politicians a pass if they're on the the same team.

The thread for discussing how lovely it was to have to vote for Joe specifically called him out for such. No one here, that I know of, has given him a pass.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Here's something fun to read: https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/news/2021/05/04/how-local-companies-are-filling-open-roles.html

Ice cream shop in Pittsburgh can't staff people. Offers $15/hr, and suddenly they're fully staffed with dedicated employees and a mile long standby list if they ever need more help.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That’s cause we aren’t. The USA is in decent shape right now compared to many places because of vaccination rates and the limited natural immunity from the population that had the disease already. The majority of the rest of the world is in bad shape.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Montana and South Carolina have ended enhanced federal unemployment because people aren't willing to work for poverty wages. Florida is soon to follow.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

maffew buildings posted:

Can the fed step in on this? That's impressively inhumane although not unexpected

Nope. Similarly the feds cannot force states to accept free federal money to expand Medicaid. Millions of Americans are without healthcare only because a bunch of chud states refuse to expand Medicaid.

The tragic thing is, this isn't going to suddenly get restaurants staffed. People aren't on unemployment because they got laid off from mcdonalds.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Restaurants aren't really well paying jobs at all though

My dad thinks that because his step-mom provided some of the family support by waiting on people in a small diner in truth or consequences, new mexico, that being a server is actually a decent paying job.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CommieGIR posted:

I think its important to remember that CEOS do little to none of the things she's listing too. She's entirely moaning about her staff over things she is not required or asked to do. It really is wealthy privilege.

Meanwhile: Cops gonna cop ACAB

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1390636142249324544?s=20

Laying a $35k harley on the ground so you can tackle a dude on a bicycle.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's with the second part? If that's a lie then it's one I've taken hook, line and sinker. Hell it never even bothered me; if the choice is destitution or suing someone for damages after an accident, you bet I'd sue the poo poo out of them if it's the only recourse for survival

I’m a lawyer, and there isn’t a real problem with plaintiffs suing for actual injuries. The people who cause the injuries (mostly major employers/manufacturers/polluters), insurance companies, and doctor advocate groups have spread myths about the litigious society that will sue at the drop of the hat. They have said that tort reform, ie making it nearly impossible to sue for wrongful injury, would reduce health care costs, insurance costs (all types), etc.

This is not true, though, and every attempted tort reform has done nothing but shield bad actors. Costs have never been reduced because they weren’t high because of liability reasons in the first place.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

In florida, for example, before you can even file a suit because of medical malpractice, you have to retain an expert who is willing to submit a report to the court with the initial complaint that there was medmal.

This means a putative plaintiff (or their lawyer in a contingency situation) must spend $3-5k before they can even start a suit. This has had such a chilling effect that medmal claims are virtually impossible in Florida for anything other than extreme malpractice. This has not at all reduced healthcare costs in Florida.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

maffew buildings posted:

So we are basically t minus from super cool liberal dem and Republican lobbyists coming together to propose lifetime employment contracts for food and housing guarantees

Millennials are always bitching that boomers had it easy because they could walk out of their high school and into a job at the local factory that would guarantee them everything they needed to live. That's all we're trying to give them today! Also, you can accept payment in the form of company scrip and get a discount in using that payment at the company store!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CommieGIR posted:

In response to the rocket strike, IDF blew up an apartment block.....its bad...

https://twitter.com/IntelCrab/status/1392172687624126468?s=20

This video allowed me to explain to a friend that Israel is not good.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CommieGIR posted:

Is that the same building that I showed earlier that collapsed after being bombed?

No. This is another apartment building they’re destroying.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

IMPORTANT NEWS:

https://twitter.com/adultswim/status/1392509971003330564

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Loose plot synopses provided by the creators of each show:

Metalocalypse

The power-hungry TRIBUNAL unveils their secret and deadly “Falconback Project” as the world grows in embattled chaos and the menacing Doomstar breaches the Earth’s atmosphere while the mysterious and twisted dissent of a band member threatens the future of Dethklok. Picking up directly after the heroic rescue of Toki Wartooth: Can Dethklok choose between their egos and the greater good of the world to embark on a gauntlet of dangers that will try their very souls and finally write the song that will be their salvation? The new movie is created by Brendon Small and Tommy Blancha. The movie soundtrack will be released on WaterTower Music.

The Venture Bros.

Doc’s latest invention will either bankrupt the Ventures or launch them to new heights, as Hank searches for himself, Dean searches for Hank, The Monarch searches for answers, and a mysterious woman from their pasts threatens to bring their entire world crashing down on them. The Venture Bros. is created, written and executive produced by Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

A continuation of the hit animated series, fans will find out what happens next with Frylock, Meatwad and Master Shake, who consider themselves crime fighters, but the truth is they never fight crime. Aqua Teen Hunger Force is created by Matt Maiellaro and Dave Willis and follows the strange everyday lives of three human-sized food products living in New Jersey.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pine Cone Jones posted:

My main issue is that there should not have to be a secondary release. In any emergency anything that needs to be used should be immediately obvious and having a secondary item that is not commonly used is poor planning.

SAFETY THIRD

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

With talks about hamas “rockets,” don’t forget that they’re just metal tubes with a fertilizer propellant along with a dynamite warhead that is triggered by a nail on the tip upon impact. These cost less than $800 per. If hamas has launched 3500 rockets, the cost has been less than $3m.

I’m personally skeptical of the claims that they’re firing thousands of these dumb rockets off without Israel actually helping supply them and probably launching a number of rockets themselves.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Except that tether is backed almost entirely by crypto holdings.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Time Crisis Actor posted:

Recall this loving clown to active duty and court martial his rear end. We’re treating these traitors far too lightly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Flynn has released a statement strongly backtracking for his remarks. Not that it matters, much. Nothing is going to happen to him regardless and we're going to slip further toward madness.