Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:rip: Reyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

:stare:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I think I just saw a guy die?

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Give those men 50k

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
GOD drat!!!!!!!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Two amazing knockouts back to back.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

holy loving poo poo that's one of the best LHW fights ever

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

blue footed boobie posted:

I think I just saw a guy die?

Don't worry, the second elbow jammed Reyes' escaping soul back into his body.

Dirk Digglet
Aug 17, 2009

When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline
This man is a loving problem

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Holy fuk that owned

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Had Reyes not tried for the guillotine, he might have finished him. Instead he died.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

god drat

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

loving beautiful elbow

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Prochazka vs Johnny Walker when?

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
Well, this guy rules.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I feel like his style has a lot of problems but he covers them by being incredibly overwhelming. Just doesn't stop and eats a lot.

Lol was there a slight eye poke there?

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Hope Reyes has woken up

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Had Reyes not tried for the guillotine, he might have finished him. Instead he died.

Yeah that was brutally stupid.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

https://twitter.com/TevTalksMMA/status/1388712185493348360?s=20

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

jan jiri sure seems appetizing

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013
that was a really great 205 fight

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That’s my FOTY so far. Nonstop action with no regard for pacing themselves and then a crazy knockout that you’ll never see again. Even the striking on the ground was frantic and brutal.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Charles Gnarwin posted:

That’s my FOTY so far. Nonstop action with no regard for pacing themselves and then a crazy knockout that you’ll never see again. Even the striking on the ground was frantic and brutal.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3956781

Make it happen

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

so did he get hurt by that upkick or was that just a panicked smother the guy? Haven't seen that before

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
maybe the spinning elbow?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Are you ready to face the top guys in the division?"
"..... yeah okay :shrug:"

:allears:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Jerusalem posted:

"Are you ready to face the top guys in the division?"
"..... yeah okay :shrug:"

:allears:

what a sweetie

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This guy's mad he didn't perfect dodge

Zomblified
Feb 17, 2011

Guess what? You got it for free! Are you proud of yourself?

beep by grandpa posted:

so did he get hurt by that upkick or was that just a panicked smother the guy? Haven't seen that before

I think he was out bad but recovered quick.

For a ton of reasons this is easily one of the most enjoyable days of my life and although I mostly lurk I'm glad that we all got to watch this 'together'. This is the type of stuff you dream of as a martial arts fan.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/Thebeast_ufc/status/1388712129453301764?s=20

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

That fight was amazing and he is definitely a talented fighter but his whole post fight interview carried this energy of "guy who just started training last week and is himself surprised by how well he did - probably signed up to fight by mistake"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Very excited for a knockout machine in 205, especially one who can be knocked out himself. It's just more fun when there's always that doubt in your mind this scary man can get stopped, maybe.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
instant prochazka fan

this guy owns lol

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1388221624579727378

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Jon Jones definitely has a problem to contend with.

He either goes up and keeps saying he will fight Ngannou but spend the entire time getting 10-8'd in twitter arguments with a non-native English speaker, he actually does fight Ngannou and risks death, he comes down to 205 again where he's realistically the best still and fights a gauntlet of determined and improving challengers who also look like they hit loving hard, or he retires and gets called a dodger 'cos he ducked out of the first massive challenge he's had, on paper.

Or he sits out, prays hot balls beats Francis and says " he was never my level " and breathes a sigh of relief.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

beep by grandpa posted:

holy loving poo poo that's one of the best LHW fights ever

request someone who has seen henderson / shogun 1 to assess this because be damned if i'm going to track down a lhw fight even if it's a good one. it has to be all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Jones-Gustafsson 1 was also extremely good. Griffin-Bonnar? Maybe like Silva-Liddell?

But yeah I can't think of too many fights that are even arguably as good or better than it at 205.

I just glanced at a "top 50 mma fights" list to jog my memory and the list is like 70% lightweight and featherweight.