Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
The central question of forums economics is how do we fairly distribute surplus posts? This thread is a clear example of the heavy hand of Big Moderation interfering in the free market of posting.

Anyway, I'm far from an economics knower but my current personal notion of "best system we might reasonably achieve in my lifetime without global revolution or something" would be worker co-ops with a well-regulated market setting prices and a generous welfare state. Workplaces are 100% owned and democratically controlled by employees, a heavily regulated market sets prices on goods and services produced by those workplaces. The state would provide generous welfare support--UBI is one goal assuming it produces good results where it's being trialed.

I guess that would kind of be the Nordic model dialed to 11?

Basically, keep the market in some form as a price-setting tool. As was posted in USNews I'm leery of a centrally controlled command economy setting prices. Maybe it's possible with modern computing?

Also, free oats for all horses :horse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU