Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

This is what happens when you order your rockets off of Wish.

I wish your posting was better, amiright :mmmhmm:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Smythe posted:

man look at how cool the shuttle was. america used to kick rear end.

Listen, you can have space exploration or you can have rule by a cluster of withered geriatrics, but not both. I think america made the right choice

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
We'll have to dig up a plucky emperor and send him up on a rocket to fix this impending catastrophe

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Kirk Johnson can catch any debris in his gaping rear end in a top hat. We need to deploy Kirk and deploy him now!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
What PART of New York. I may be north or south of it?! Will they have like some advance impact predictions? People gonna need to be moving if it doesn't land in the ocean!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Oh no it's heading straight for twin towers memorial tower

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
Couldn't they just send some people up to attach a whole bunch of parachutes, maybe a heatshield, and then just use those so instead of crashing it just gently floats down? Hell, if it lands somewhere near people then you could probably just repurpose it as like a big water tower or something

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Yeah idk just send up a second bigger rocket to knock this one out of the way :dumb:

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

in the 90s my aunt had a weird breakdown and was completely convinced that a satellite was going to come down and kill her from space, evidently she would talk about it all the time to anyone that would listen.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Well, did it?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

It didn't, she looked like a real buffoon. Maybe this one will get her and she will be vindicated.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Anyone wanna place bets on what country/area it hits?

My vote is Brazil

bones 4 beginners
Jan 7, 2018

"...a masterpiece that no one can read too often, or admire too much."
Hong Kong. Can't protest for your freedoms if you're all DEAD.

BlueBull
Jan 21, 2007
Last year Covid, now this bullshit....for fucks sake China, pull yourself together.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Caesar Saladin posted:

It didn't, she looked like a real buffoon. Maybe this one will get her and she will be vindicated.

This would be extremely radical and I hope her memorial is a sculpture of a hand giving the middle finger with just "I told you so" under it at the crash site/where they bury her remains and it becomes a public nuisance because it can't be rezoned or something.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Fumble posted:

Was I too meta for you?

I;m sorry. I was hungry

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

smoobles posted:

My vote is Brazil

Illinois.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
it's going to hit a nuclear silo in wyoming dead on, triggering world war 3

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I think I'll go with the world's oceans

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
To maximize my chances

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Play posted:

I think I'll go with the world's oceans

a safe bet but unfortunately the payout is only $.50

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The rocket is filled with “vaccine” and this is all part of “China Joe” Biden’s unconstitutional forced vaccination plan.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I hope it lands directly and exactly on my freaking balls.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Chinatown posted:

I hope it lands directly and exactly on my freaking balls.

I was gonna say the same but then I realized that they'd be perfectly safe since they'd be protected by YOUR MOTHER at the time.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

smoobles posted:

My vote is Brazil

Argentina
So we can say "I'm from buenos aires and I say KILL 'EM ALL"

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
The rocket will perfectly block the Suez canal.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I've always hoped that a piece of space junk would rain down into my back yard. It would be a great thing to display in my classroom.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
How hard can it be to get a rock into space, all you gotta do is aim up lol

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Xaintrailles posted:

The rocket will perfectly block the Suez canal.

I would LOL so hard my launching balls would knock another satellite out of orbit.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I was thinking "Man there's so much stuff this thing could land on that'd be comical, it's probably going to be sorta darkly comical at least" and then I thought "Nah it's probably going to hit a village in Africa or start the drat rainforest on fire or land on a pod of nursing whale calves." Something equally innocent and not even slightly cool. Stupid tumbling giant chinese space rocket, why can't you ever do anything funny just once!!!

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
We should launch Bruce Willis and Ben Afleck at it, they know what to do.

A Jupiter
Apr 25, 2010

Big Beef City posted:

Stupid tumbling giant chinese space rocket, why can't you ever do anything funny just once!!!

Hey some people can just be humorless, not all celebs or athletes need to have amazing camera presence. He's an 8-time NBA All-Star give him a break

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Colonel Cancer posted:

Oh no it's heading straight for twin towers memorial tower

lmfao

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Just for some sense of perspective, it'd probably be really bad if big pieces of it fell on your house, but it's not going to destroy a city or something.

Space shuttle Columbia rained several times the mass of debris of this thing over the US.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I just went back and re-read the OP properly and this isn't even happening until the 10th, that's days away.

gently caress you op, you should 've started this thread the night before or something.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Pistol_Pete posted:

I just went back and re-read the OP properly and this isn't even happening until the 10th, that's days away.

gently caress you op, you should 've started this thread the night before or something.

Nope now we have time to all guess where it lands.
Let's see who wins I'm serious.

I'll go first: the Pacific Ocean

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I can't believe the CIA sabotaged China's peaceful science rocket! Was unleashing Covid and starting a war with India not enough???

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

It's gonna land vertically in Boca Chica and not explode just to spite Elon.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If it lands in America will it be casus belli?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it would be fun to make bets and whoever is closest gets an av or plat or something

my guess: it lands somewhere in the pacific ocean