Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

everdave posted:

Make a wise choice, and if you want to keep it i totally understand.

Otherwise I’d do a timing belt service, have it paint corrected, and put it up for sale or auction it at BAT. That could be worth a small fortune right now. Everyone is looking for these.

TIMING CHAIN, there is no belt to be changed guy. Clearly owning a bunch of cars doesn't meant you know anything about them. Literally Dunning-Kruger.

To Action Man: congratulations on your rolling retirement fund. It looks gorgeous.

Maybe this was mentioned and I missed it, but being yours is a 1985 I assume it has the solid front axle yeah? Strictly speaking value-wise, keeping it a stock as possible will mean it's worth the most money. If you don't care about that then I'd still argue keeping it stock (leaving the solid front axle if it is so equipped) as if your the sort of person to install BF Goodrich KO2s white letters out, then you are probably the sort of person to drive this truck as it is and enjoy it even if it's slow and bouncy. They are only original once and, much like listening to vinyl records, there is a certain autophile aesthetic to enjoying vehicles as they were designed, warts and all.
This configuration is probably the absolute pinnacle of 80s Toyota pickup outside of the Back the the Future truck in desirability. It's perfect.

Also if you'd like, change the headunit out and replace the speakers, but keep the old headunit somewhere and use a wiring harness to avoid cutting any wires. Having the OG stereo is a nice thing to have if and when you do get rid of it. More complete = better

I currently have the Japan younger brother double cab diesel version of your truck:

You will constantly be hounded for people trying to buy it off of you, and to be clear your truck is easily $25,000 as it sits. The value for these things is a vertical line straight up right now, under no circumstances think otherwise. People get real spicy when we have our import trucks listed for that sort of money yet strangely they always sell. The muscle car boom is back, just now it's 80s and 90s Toyotas.

EDIT Man you even have the center caps for the wheels, though I'm almost certain they are supposed to be black. Guessing your wheels have been repainted at some point? Nope, you have your brand new picture right there. Came with the rear chrome caps rather than the black and red ones like mine did. Neat!

Also while it isn't the USDM brochure, I always get a kick out of the JDM one that shows off both the JDM 4Runner (Hilux Surf) and the JDM Pickup (just Hilux) as the AMERICAN OFFROAD MACHINE

http://www.toyota.co.jp/jpn/company/history/75years/vehicle_lineage/catalog/60011317/html5.html#page=1

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU