Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

CommonShore posted:

Let's turn the SA front page into an MMA blog

Into the idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1402228276244975617

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Reem just signed with Glory didn't he?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Reem just signed with Glory didn't he?

Sure enough. I guess my Twitter digest is just behind
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/06/alistair-overeem-signs-glory-kickboxing-contract-after-ufc-release

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

when I used to write my pride biographies there were a few people who wanted me to turn them into blogs and I always assumed the moment I did they would stop reading them, as happens with MMA media

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

blue footed boobie posted:

I, too, appreciate the card previews.

I enjoy the previews also even though I am a very, very casual fan. :)

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I am excited for trashweight because with the time difference it's one of the few fights I might be able to watch

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Vettori's weight cutting nutrition is the most Italian thing.
Just take a smaller bruschetta! :italy:

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Hollandia posted:

Didn’t know he brought Bigg Rigg on as a nutrition consultant

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Hollandia posted:

Sometimes you just have to take nutrition into your own gesturing hands
https://twitter.com/dantommma/status/1272002134775484422

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

To be honest I'd be up for making them more public for others to read, which even in a vaccuum would be more work because then I'd have to edit them and I don't mind doing that. But there are a few factors stopping me

1) I don't want to go to the work of setting anything up or marketing it.

2) I don't want to deal with the open web people. They can read what I write, fine, but I don't want to hear their opinions or talk to them.

3) Without a patreon I'd be making the exact amount of money I'm making from it now.

If some platform said "Hey CS we'll give you $x if you polish up the prose on your breakdowns and post them regularly on our platform on Wednesdays" I'd say yes and continue to do them pseudonymously.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

To be honest I'd be up for making them more public for others to read, which even in a vaccuum would be more work because then I'd have to edit them and I don't mind doing that. But there are a few factors stopping me

1) I don't want to go to the work of setting anything up or marketing it.

2) I don't want to deal with the open web people. They can read what I write, fine, but I don't want to hear their opinions or talk to them.

3) Without a patreon I'd be making the exact amount of money I'm making from it now.

If some platform said "Hey CS we'll give you $x if you polish up the prose on your breakdowns and post them regularly on our platform on Wednesdays" I'd say yes and continue to do them pseudonymously.

I shot a pitch to fluffdaddy to at least have any PSP person do a primer for the big fightcards as an article but idk if he has read it yet

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mekchu posted:

I shot a pitch to fluffdaddy to at least have any PSP person do a primer for the big fightcards as an article but idk if he has read it yet

Well if that comes to pass, I'd be happy to write a breakdown for the thread for tuesday or wednesday, take feedback, and then send it along to Fluffdaddy. If money ends up getting involved I don't mind buying avs for people who help a lot or smilies for psp

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I suggested doing mma content when I sent in some samples as well. It wasn't my only suggestion for content and I haven't heard anything back one way or another, but the Bluedeanie GDT Formula may return in some form or another if the powers that be dig the idea.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bluedeanie posted:

I suggested doing mma content when I sent in some samples as well. It wasn't my only suggestion for content and I haven't heard anything back one way or another, but the Bluedeanie GDT Formula may return in some form or another if the powers that be dig the idea.

Honestly, those as articles would rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
New thread is up - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3970207