Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I much prefer no crowd. Its far more satisfying. You also know when something landed better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

The weekends fights were fun. Even if my preferred Neal lost.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Bunch of those listed guys would kill cerrone at 155. (Lets not make the guy cut to 145 c'mon guys.) Is Joe Lauzon still fighting?

p.s do you think cerrone will get fat as poo poo when he retires?

actually condit probably perfect, both WEC guys.

Southpaugh fucked around with this message at 04:47 on May 10, 2021

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

lol @ dariush trying to suck up to booing chuds in texas.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

the nick - daley fight kinda doesn't count because they were both completely hosed multiple times.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Marching Powder posted:

i vaguely remember that story. anyway yeah probably don't for real make fun of travellers.

speaking of travellers and bare knuckle fighting, this is a great documentary. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q6xAXBaho0

The big juiced ginger guy they are prepping for the fights in this killed his wife a few years later. And yeah, don't make fun of travellers they aren't known for their sense of humour.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Bluedeanie posted:

He made a video where he implied Bisping contracted an STD from a koala. It did not go over the line imo

That could happen to anyone of us.

Pisspigs had a wonderful late career renaissance and all our lives are richer for it.

Edit: TKZ is fighting Dan Ige? Don't fancy that having seen iges recent performances.

Hardy is fight Tai Tuivasa lol. C'mon Tai just knock him out.

Southpaugh fucked around with this message at 15:27 on May 26, 2021

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Snowman_McK posted:

Being the one guy in his era and division with really good cardio weakens that case

I'm inclined to disagree, consider the frames of his competitors, those dudes were huuuuge. Tim Kennedy springs to mind. Yoel. Bisping was a relatively straight up straight down pillow fisted cardio machine. He even said he was sitting down on his punches with rockhold because he didn't have his cardio at where he was most comfortable. I kinda get the impression he might have been a bit old fashioned about it even. Lots of road work.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

If bisping was on EPO then I have to say I have a much lower opinion of him now... because why go on the juice if you're not going to look like Peak Vitor? Or be able to do crazy poo poo like yoels workout routines? Building cardio isn't even difficult its just boring.

Weidman was juiced to the gills his whole career imo.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

mewse posted:

Superhuman gas tank is a huuuuge advantage

Well, yes of course it is.

kimbo305 posted:

Correct which is why no one in cycling has ever used EPO.

He wasn't doing the tour de france and he was hardly running through the competition, he was a decision guy. He got the champion shot because Rockhold didn't rate him. There were better drugs to be on thats all I'm saying. I'm sure being able to consistently decision people was good for his bank balance and it was a smart move in that regard.

Are Nick and Nate clean? Is weed the ultimate PED?

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

kimbo305 posted:

I dunno about that. TJ on EPO was pretty drat good. Having more gas for training camp and in general can be a huge edge. And sure, your other attributes still need to be good, but "cardio is easy and the only reason fighters don't have more is because training it is boring" doesn't hold weight.

I'm being flippant for the sake of posting, the supplements and the EPO and all the rest of it is so fighters can stay in their preferred weight range while still training technique and cardio without losing muscle mass. It's going to come down to the individual athlete what the best mix of training/food/supplements is going to be.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Nierbo posted:

Hahaha yikes.

:rolleyes:

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Can't forgive woodley for the wonderboy fights.

I don't think woodley even got the yips or anything I think he just doesn't like getting the poo poo kicked out of him, which for a pro fighter is a real disadvantage.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I'm still waiting for an mma guy to get rocked in one of these exhibition boxing matches and mindlessly shoot a double leg.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Screama posted:

Cool, so we get one new thread when Moreno wins this weekend, and then immediately another new one with Vettori wins half an hour later

what makes you think that either of them will win? I think Moreno has a better chance than Vettori for sure but I just haven't seen anything out of vettori that has me jumping out of my chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

What I don't understand is how someone with as awful a nickname as "The Assassin Baby" got so good. Whenever I say it outloud (which will be once in the next weekend) i say "The Assassin, baby" and it works alot better.