Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

the Diego stuff reminded me, who was the ufc fighter who has TBI and can't really make ends meet and Dana made him gamble $10k at the tables instead of just giving him some money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

LobsterMobster posted:

Spencer Fisher, who Diego said he wanted to have The King in his corner for this bout with Cowboy that got scratched

Well, poo poo :(

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

that is some good poo poo

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...y-city/2587798/

Guess who is commiting fraud while in public office!!!!

It's

Tito Ortiz, :ortiz:

i know he might be one of the dumbest people on the planet, :ortiz:, and it varies state-by-state, but how much could someone possibly pocket in unemployment on a $1,500/month salary? plus he's a goddamned city employee, so his salary is both publicly available and a part of the city council minutes. also, the council minutes would indicate if he was in attendance or absent. if you don't show up, you aren't unemployed, you just skipped work lmao.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

lmao

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Untrustable posted:

How do we force fighters to fight at their actual weights? Or do we have to wait until someone dies from a bad cut? Can someone die from a bad cut?

yeah back when i was in school some wrestlers died (not at my school) from bad cuts/over cutting so the state made everyone get bodyfat tested at the start of the season and set a minimum weight you could wrestle at based on that. I wanna say it was 7%?

id like to think mma fighters are better with their nutrition and cuts than high school wrestlers, but im not sure a guy or gal getting paid $10k/$10k is paying for a dietician or whoever to get them down safely. even in 2021, i imagine it is a lot more like liddell locking a dude in the sauna during TUF than anything else.

https://www.sportbible.com/ufc/mma-weird-news-when-an-mma-fighter-cut-22-pounds-in-less-than-a-day-20191214.amp.html

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

neal on neil violence should be fun

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

cerrone made his first child to have a blood relative to donate a lobe of their liver to him. he's gonna need to have a bunch of embryos frozen and on hand to fix his scrambled brains sooner than later.

ride off into the sunset on your jetski, donald. this is getting sad as hell

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

smart, handsome jouban escapes stupid, sexy purgatory by retiring from fighting to talk on camera and be handsome. if only we could all be so lucky

https://twitter.com/AlanJouban/status/1391951201558691840?s=20

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Foul Fowl posted:

chucky olives is gonna gently caress chandler up.

i hope so. chandler blocked me on twitter when he said he was fighting to represent the "stars and bars" and i told him that was the name of the confederate flag lol

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Nis posted:

lmao, y'all think that was him genuinely being that ignorant or was it a dog whistle thing?

i think he was just that ignorant. he said lots of patriotic american people called the us flag the stars and bars and i asked who and he blocked me :shrug:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

i do t listen to rogan, but i hope he goes HAM on the fools who think they can best a chimpanzee in unarmed combat

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Cyber Dog posted:

do 6/7 people think they could beat a chimp, or did 6/7 people select "yes" for everything because it was funny?

as someone that once got paid to fill out an extremely long science survey for a prestigious university and put a fake answer that made me laugh for everything, ive never gotten over this little hole in the polling process

it looks like 22 out of 80 men surveyed say they could kick a chimp's rear end vs 12/80 for women, unless im trading the graph wrong

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

I could definitely beat up a German shepherd because I own two but they'd be mighty confused and heartbroken that I decided to start hitting them at 12 years of age with varying degrees of decrepitiude. Otherwise that's not a fight id feel all that confident in personally

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

but we get to cover ourselves and the room we are in in babyoil AND we get to call the animals pejoratives to get em worked up

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

Turns out an armbar works

ayooooooooooo

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

holy poo poo. it looks like what happens after a college freshman tries to do that bong rip/beer chug/shot of liquor thing while holding their breath or whatever

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

ilmucche posted:

I'm curious about stuff like the texas rangers full stadium too. Was there any tracing of people.after that?

i live in a state with a republican governor. my wife, who tested positive for covid last week, works for the state dept. of public health as a nurse educator and tracer, was never even asked where she went in the past week. she was fully vaccinated in january because of her job. i got a call yesterday and i wasn't asked either (tested negative after the call, but still). nobody cares anymore. we're just gonna let it burn through the population at this point

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

Is Florida the place where the governor had cops raid and point firearms at someone for refusing to fudge the numbers of covid deaths?

lol yeah

Mekchu posted:

That sounds like it could have also been in NY

hasn't yet but don't count it out

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

i demand to watch gsp shower too :colbert:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

let's hope he walks off into the sunset and we never hear the name weidman for a few years unless it is as a precautionary tale

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

Someone contact Mark Coleman immediately

And the guy impersonating wes sims as part of a bet

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

I really wanna see derrick lewis on that show. his balls would get hot for sure

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

https://twitter.com/KelvinGastelum/status/1400612733490548742?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

may the 4th be with june