Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Nierbo posted:

To be fair to Dana if he met in person every time someone was fired or hired, he'd be jetting off all over the globe 24/7.

What if the fighter was literally flying to Vegas to spend hours at a facility in company HQ?

Do you wanna be a fuckin promoter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Nick Diaz unintelligably shouting over his own echo, in what appears to be an empty warehouse fitted with a green screen, as he attempts to teach strippers how to use nunchuks via video conference call is that little dash of 2000s MMA absurdity I have so desperately needed during these trying times.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I agree, I think for same day weight cuts to be a health benefit to fighters we would need to see a lot of coinciding changes at the promotional or AC levels that we will almost surely never see.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Cerrone! Cerrone, come back! *Cowboy slumps completely unresponsive on his jetski as it careens toward shark-infested waters*

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Fist of the North Star poo poo. Incredible.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

How many fighters have Brian Wilson'd themselves in the UFC like this? I can think of Conor McGregor with the GTA5 yogi "movement coach," but he still won fights working with him so his decline seems to be more about fighting bigger, better opponents while doing cocaine and sex crimes. A lot of people also pissed away money on Mike Dolce but I trust his weight cutting advice was servicable, just sourced from youtube videos and sold by an idiot. I feel like there are too many sad stories in MMA for Diego's situation to be unique unfortunately, so surely there are others.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Segal getting lip service from Machida and Silva was hilarious but less a Diego level "mentally ill guy getting his career waylaid by a malicious quack" and more just a hilarious thing that happened

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

He made a video where he implied Bisping contracted an STD from a koala. It did not go over the line imo

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Chael P Sonnen posted:

“I believe in clean sport and I have used performing enhancing drugs. Does that make me a hypocrite? Maybe — but it doesn’t make me wrong.”

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

You guys really do hate Woodley so much you'd root for a Paul, huh

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

The Njokuani fight was, and remains, extremely my poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I suggested doing mma content when I sent in some samples as well. It wasn't my only suggestion for content and I haven't heard anything back one way or another, but the Bluedeanie GDT Formula may return in some form or another if the powers that be dig the idea.