Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/mikewhoatv/status/1389827580270895108?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Nierbo posted:

To be fair to Dana if he met in person every time someone was fired or hired, he'd be jetting off all over the globe 24/7. Don't they have a crew of people who do all the communication to the fighters and it's mostly through managers anyway? This whole thing fighters have been on lately about how they can never seem to line up a meeting with Dana isn't really pulling on my heartstrings.

Sure, not every ol person on contract should be seeing Dana whenever they want, but you'd think Diego Sanchez of all people might have earned a little face time.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

yeah. if dana wasn't a shitheel who fell into every trapping of fame and fortune that pop culture has warned us about he'd do diego the decency of pleading with him to retire face to face. as it is though, this is absolutely not a surprise.

i feel bad for diego. he was seasoned before i started following the ufc again like a decade ago. it sucks to see him thrown on the trash heap like this but it is what it is.

e: holy loving poo poo he flogged kenny florian on tuf1 finale 16 years ago. absurd.

You'd think it would cost nothing to at least treat these athletes with some dignity personally but here we are.

And hey Diego isn't wrong, I can't stand him but he's put down plenty of guys he shouldn't have beat.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Bluedeanie posted:

Nick Diaz unintelligably shouting over his own echo, in what appears to be an empty warehouse fitted with a green screen, as he attempts to teach strippers how to use nunchuks via video conference call is that little dash of 2000s MMA absurdity I have so desperately needed during these trying times.

I want it to be just like Bas Rutten's Lethal Street Fighting. But Nick tells you to sucker punch people after blowing weed smoke in their face and how a bicycle can be used to fend off a bear.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Eat This Glob posted:

i know he might be one of the dumbest people on the planet, :ortiz:, and it varies state-by-state, but how much could someone possibly pocket in unemployment on a $1,500/month salary? plus he's a goddamned city employee, so his salary is both publicly available and a part of the city council minutes. also, the council minutes would indicate if he was in attendance or absent. if you don't show up, you aren't unemployed, you just skipped work lmao.

https://iasip.link/?IlRpdG8gT3J0aXogR29lcyBPbiBXZWxmYXJlLg==

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

drat, Ferguson looks like poo poo.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

BlindSite posted:

He is cutting weight.

I know and people that cut a lot tend to look like poo poo. Hate it.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I think the UFC should probably start promoting fighters at least somewhat equally instead of going hard on one dude and praying he doesn't get sparked. Oliveira deserved the win etc, but he also deserved a lot more focus and respect leading in.

Not all the time, but sometimes UFC promotion feels like something WWE would do but they can't pick the winners. Ronda vs Nunes comes to mind.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I always figured that since Ronda didn't want to do media they just didn't bother with Amanda. This is all just my own speculation but they were trying to lure Ronda back and maybe UFC figured Ronda might see it as a slight if Amanda still got the same promotion time.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

There's something awesomely cinematic about a guy that's been grinding away for so long getting in there with a fighter pretty much handed a title shot, making the huge comeback and getting the gold. Just satisfying stuff.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Foul Fowl posted:

why do you think chandler got overconfident? imo he was most successful when he was confidently covering huge ground charging in changing stances with his chin in the air while the finish came when he backed off and settled into an exchange that oliveira won with a really nice left hook. i think poirier has a better chance against him if he does the first one.

I've got a buzz and I'll guess. He survived Oliveira having his back and hurt him. Spent the rest of the round doing damage. Probably figured Oliveira didn't have the heart to rally and paid for it. Chandler said in every interview I saw that Oliveira would wilt when he felt his power and maybe he believed that.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

That's the other thing, Chandler isn't as good as his push. He's a good top ten guy but probably gets smoked by the top 5.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Dariush: This win is dedicated to to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Rich Franklin blasting Chuck with a broken arm for the KO was pretty sick at the time.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

If this Fabia dude genuinely had Diego's power of attorney, I'd be amazed if Diego has a single penny left to his name.

I think I remember early on Diego mentioning that Fabia was good for him because he did basically everything for him so he could focus on training but I would have never guessed he meant to that level.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I feel like people all over the world can enjoy Luke Rockhold getting beat up.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Here is an interesting piece on techniques to hydrate post ban, it seems like the largest difference as you would imagine is the IV is more immediate but there would have been other ways to not have your performance impacted.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/d7mgn7/fight-doctor-the-physiology-of-dehydration-and-best-way-to-rehydrate-without-an-iv

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Remember when Brock Lesnar popped because of foot cream?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

I'm looking forward to TJ's return this summer :frogbon:

it'll be interesting to see if he sucks rear end now that the EPO life essence has been removed from him like super shredder losing the last ounce of ooze

Wow it looks like USADA has tested him 27 times since his last fight in 2019.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Ty1990 posted:

Doctors and surgeons are incredible lol

One of my friends is a physical therapist and told me they have people up and walking 24 hours after ACL replacement and it blew my mind compared to maybe ten or fifteen years ago.