Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Is the incentive of having a theoretical strength and size advantage enough to outweigh the reality of shambling into the cage already gassed out before the fight even starts? Hope you manage to get a KO in the 30 seconds you have before you're ready to completely collapse against an opponent at their physical peak who's ready to go a full 3-5 rounds.

IIRC the fighters who missed weight over the past couple of years have usually won their fights. I can’t point to a source, but I remember that it became a thing people tracked when missing weight started to become more common, relatively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Yeah, that's my point. They wouldn't have a competitive advantage anymore if they could only get that size advantage by entering the cage barely able to stand up. Nobody would do it anymore because they would know their performance would be impaired.

Ah, I see. You believe they won’t have the same results with same day weigh ins.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

UFC gonna bring in Vince Russo as a writer and consultant.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Let us not forget Woodley getting decimated by a schoolteacher on that obstacle course show.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Kelvin’s agreed to replace Costa against Cannonier in August. He really doesn’t take any easy fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Hollandia posted:

Vettori's weight cutting nutrition is the most Italian thing.
Just take a smaller bruschetta! :italy:

Didn’t know he brought Bigg Rigg on as a nutrition consultant