Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mewse
May 2, 2006

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

I know someone always has reasons/excuses why it won’t work, but I think same day weigh-ins would solve about 90% of this problem.

This isn't as clear cut as it seems. The athletes will still cut weight and with same day weigh-ins they'll enter the ring dehydrated. The brain floats in the skull in a bag of cerebral fluid that gets depleted when dehydrated. Same day weigh ins could cause worse brain damage and overall more trauma than previous day weigh ins.

That being said my entire experience in amateur boxing had same-day weigh ins and nobody batted an eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

So those BJJ scout videos of diego's insane coach, it shows a vid filmed by Stephan Bonnar at a broadcaster meeting with diego and his coach gives this really stupid rant about negative publicity and then huge props to paul felder who immediately says "I don't know what the gently caress you're talking about"

mewse
May 2, 2006

Kragger99 posted:

Not sure if this was posted yet, but Weidman will be sharing his recovery through videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiigzziR2D0

"There's been three leg breaks in the history of the UFC and now I'm part of two of them" OOF

mewse
May 2, 2006

That's really odd. It kinda looks like a dive but maybe he just slowly lost his balance :shrug:

e: Oh.. Burgo's right leg was hosed up from Barboza's kicks right? That explains it

mewse fucked around with this message at 06:08 on May 16, 2021

mewse
May 2, 2006

Trillhouse posted:

Dariush: “I dedicate this win to all those
affected by Marxist ideologies!”
Texan crowd: “BOOOOOOO!”

:lol:

mewse
May 2, 2006

chaleski posted:

Some pleasantly surprising news, looks like Diego Sanchez cut ties with Fabia. For some reason I figured that toxic moron would be sticking around for a while, glad I'm wrong.

This is great news, I wonder how it happened. Having your contract pulled because they think you're going to be a legal adversary ala Mark Hunt may have been a wake up call for Diego and someone finally got through to him that the Fabia guy was ruining his legacy.

mewse
May 2, 2006

He look like a band aid

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

He made a video where he implied Bisping contracted an STD from a koala. It did not go over the line imo

Yeah bisping was outraged that rivera made a set of youtube vids with his clothing sponsor that parodied bisping. He's a thin-skinned twat and spitting on rivera's corner people was beyond the pale

mewse
May 2, 2006

Southpaugh posted:

If bisping was on EPO then I have to say I have a much lower opinion of him now... because why go on the juice if you're not going to look like Peak Vitor? Or be able to do crazy poo poo like yoels workout routines? Building cardio isn't even difficult its just boring.

Superhuman gas tank is a huuuuge advantage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Didn't TJ have some gnarly gyno as well