Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Retro Bowl is worth paying for your mobile football needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Hizawk posted:

:hmmyes: gently caress yeah it is. I’m up to like 92~ seasons across three franchises in that thing.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Hizawk posted:

If you haven't already, try Retro Goal. Same developer, the other football.

Just pay for a speedy forward.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I’m obsessed with Retro Bowl thanks to you dorks. Even if it does become almost impossible to lose after a while because you learn what every possible combination of routes and defenses results in and can spot the mismatch on every down. Then it becomes a different game of trying to surpass your own ludicrous personal records, or win MVP with a RB or whatever. Far more addicting than I thought a little phone football game could ever be.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I've been digging an iOS game lately called PocketGM 21. It was 3.79 CAD which is 2.99 USD I think? Fairly basic GM simulator but has a pretty robust simulation engine and enough injuries/cap issues that it's a pretty big challenge to keep your team competitive year after year. It has a subreddit and it looks like the creator is still putting out semi-regular updates.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

DariusLikewise posted:

I've been digging an iOS game lately called PocketGM 21. It was 3.79 CAD which is 2.99 USD I think? Fairly basic GM simulator but has a pretty robust simulation engine and enough injuries/cap issues that it's a pretty big challenge to keep your team competitive year after year. It has a subreddit and it looks like the creator is still putting out semi-regular updates.

Sounds interesting. It’s $1.99 on the App Store right now so I may need look into this when I have some time.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Docjowles posted:

I’m obsessed with Retro Bowl thanks to you dorks. Even if it does become almost impossible to lose after a while because you learn what every possible combination of routes and defenses results in and can spot the mismatch on every down.

On the hardest settings it's mostly just "is there a receiver running comeback route?" and if not probably the tight end will be open for a short gain (invest in that TE for some YAC!)

Anyway what is the deepest/most realistic playcalling sim? I enjoy Pro Strategy Football and it lets me do a lot of play design on expert but it's still limiting in some frustrating ways. I want to be able to run QB Power. I want option plays. I want to be able to tell my offensive line to do different blocking schemes. I want to be able to call zone blitzes and dime packages and 3-3-5 defense. Hell, I want to be able to do wishbone and wing-T and whatever other wacky offense I can design.

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Aug 25, 2021

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/1431012050181005315

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
It's not the worst fake I've ever seen

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Vikings really got shellacked by the Cards

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Has anyone played Axis Football? Looks like they've put in more effort than EA has on Madden. Graphics look mobile tier but it is what it is.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1641830/Axis_Football_2021/

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Has anyone played Axis Football? Looks like they've put in more effort than EA has on Madden. Graphics look mobile tier but it is what it is.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1641830/Axis_Football_2021/

Yes, it’s still a few years away.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
https://youtu.be/rXIluW3w_CE

This guy cares way too much but the glitches are loving hilarious.

It's about time QBs started causing fumbles instead of fumbling.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

pasaluki posted:

https://youtu.be/rXIluW3w_CE

This guy cares way too much but the glitches are loving hilarious.

It's about time QBs started causing fumbles instead of fumbling.

https://twitter.com/HoodieRamey/status/1432553242119090177

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Lmao Sammy hit em right in the kisser

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Thermos H Christ posted:

On the hardest settings it's mostly just "is there a receiver running comeback route?" and if not probably the tight end will be open for a short gain (invest in that TE for some YAC!)

Anyway what is the deepest/most realistic playcalling sim? I enjoy Pro Strategy Football and it lets me do a lot of play design on expert but it's still limiting in some frustrating ways. I want to be able to run QB Power. I want option plays. I want to be able to tell my offensive line to do different blocking schemes. I want to be able to call zone blitzes and dime packages and 3-3-5 defense. Hell, I want to be able to do wishbone and wing-T and whatever other wacky offense I can design.

the lastest Draft Day Sports: College Football has an extremely in-depth, although extremely unintuitive and poorly-documented, custom play designer

it also has a free demo which is just the full game with a 7-day time limit, so you can give it a try consequence-free

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/BronzeHammer/status/1434722251320950789

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Madden just proving how hard it is to get the rules right in Football.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

NFL’s new taunting rules leaked early I guess

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Love giving up 400 passing yards every game because pass coverage doesn't work.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

They're just trying some things out for the upcoming college game.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Asproigerosis posted:

Are you suggesting that, pass defense, in the game, doesn't work for every person who purchased this game on a fundamental level???? Any chance it's just You?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
It's a known issue that ea said was the next to do in the notes for the patch last week.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Asproigerosis posted:

It's a known issue that ea said was the next to do in the notes for the patch last week.

Link? The goon Fantasy league has been going for weeks with no such issues.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
gonna need some sliders so I can verify

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Asproigerosis posted:

gonna need some sliders so I can verify

???? Where’s the EA patch notes stuff tho

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Asproigerosis posted:

Have you considered going cover zero every play

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Please don't distract him, he's very busy finding the patch notes about pass defense being broken

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Look sometimes we make up things to cover for being bad. I'm begging you for good sliders!!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you should be constantly toggling through each player on the field every microsecond to get them all into the right positions and hitting the buttons when necessary

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Please help me I just want to enjoy madden without having the worst defense every season :( it's all I have left

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Asproigerosis posted:

Please help me I just want to enjoy madden

I don't think anyone can help with that.

Not even EA wants that.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you want to play the outdated previous year's game against me on computer i will punt the ball back to you when i get it.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
That's very inefficient the tff madden league pioneers much more advanced techniques such as averaging 3 picks a game

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm disappointed in all of you shadow cowboys fans for trolling me.

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-22/news/gridiron-notes-madden-22-september-title-update

dak prescott level ea devs posted:

Pass Coverage: Before we get into the gameplay updates, we wanted to let you know that we are aware of the feedback around pass coverage. We're continuing to monitor and collect the community's feedback that they have shared with us. We look forward to sharing the actions we're taking towards pass coverage.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm #1 in the league and everyone besides me is really bad at passing. that's what it is

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

We’re one game into the irl season and already had two average quarterbacks pass for 400 yards or close to it. I think that’s just the game now

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

https://youtu.be/r61JGOx26p0

Even when you escape the Bears you can't escape Nagy.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm mad at madden again cause it's too easy playing offense and I give up 600 passing yards to jimmer grapolo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
heh scouting overhaul is just the old ncaa system where your scouts focus on getting the block shedding skills on corners and never bother checking how they are in man or zone coverage. Also there's nothing to interact with outside of like 4 weeks. Also you can barely scout any players and almost the entire draft is you being completely in the dark. Also it's really loving agonizing trying to compare players and figure out whos good or not because you have to load in and out of player profiles individually. It's all such hot garbage woof. 10/10 will buy again next year.