Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Boy am I looking forward to "I or the mods reserve the right to amend the rules if needed" being implemented to deal with the nooner situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

theHUNGERian posted:

Boy am I looking forward to "I or the mods reserve the right to amend the rules if needed" being implemented to deal with the nooner situation.

He didn't submit a qualifying entry, so it ain't hard.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Mr.Sickos

Health Services
Feb 27, 2009
Mr. Sickos

So many great photos, honourable mention to everyone.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

theHUNGERian posted:

Upon closer observation it has come to my attention that Nooner’s entry isn’t a photograph but rather a digitally altered screen grab which could potentially be grounds for disqualification. I will deliberate with my peers to decide on the best course of action from this point forward. Stay tuned.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
gonna go with ric

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.
SuicidalSmurf has my vote though massive shout out also to Health Services, Ric, MrSickos and Hungerian. Amazing month for entries.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Megabound

Jerm324
Aug 3, 2007
theHUNGERian

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
baw/ cat power but also a shoutout to Health Services

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
baw

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

Mr. Sickos

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

....megabound....

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam
nooner but really, mr. sickos, not even a question

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mr. Sickos

A lot of killer stuff, everyone deserves a participation reward except for that one guy.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

baw

iammeandsoareyou
Oct 27, 2007
Nothing to see here
...theHUNGERian..

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
First of all I want to congratulate everyone for the time and effort that went into each submission. I have to say that I was quite moved by a handful in particular. What is an eyesore to me can be a home for a weary bum, a runway to the heavens, organized chaos, a safety net, or just the charm of work in progress. Personally I can't be too upset if the piece I wanted most to win hadn't since each photograph has such a unique voice. In the end everyone captured something I've been struggling to see myself. There is a purpose, if not an immediate appeal, to all things and with the right eye a photographer can attempt to capture it.

And with that note I want to say I'm disappointed in one particular individual for trying to fool the judges with doctored screenshot instead of a proper photograph. I hope in the future we will see an authentic attempt since I do see some potential beside the crude effort. Instead of focusing on what is on the screen, look at what is in front of it.

Without further ado, congrats Senhor Sickos! I always wondered how many poles it would take to carry a cross. Thanks in part to you and everyone else all I've grown closer to appreciating the world I've been put in rather than continuing to harbor more disdain for what in the end is a necessity. After all I wouldn't be able to take photos with my a mirrorless camera or post it on the internet without power. Also I want to give particular thanks to Jerm324 and Megabound for the closest representation of what caused me the most contempt, but managed find beauty in.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Thanks! It was a fun photo to shoot, and there were a lot of other great entries as well. I'll get the next theme sorted as soon as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
This was a great contest, sorry I missed it. Congratulations to all!