Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm still wearing a mask in most public spaces I go, and I love it. I'm not gonna give it up for the foreseeable future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The U.S. would be so hosed if world-class neglected tropical diseases were endemic there. West Nile Virus and Mpox are but a peek at what could be.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
30-40% of the country will reject the yellow fever vaccine if that banger of an arbovirus ever makes a comeback here.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
German Man Who Received 217 COVID Vaccines Has Functioning Immune System

https://www.technologynetworks.com/immunology/news/german-man-who-received-217-covid-vaccines-has-functioning-immune-system-384483

The article states that 138 doses were officially accounted for, so even he lied about the other 79 shots, holy dicks that’s still so many vaccines lmao

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

buglord posted:

German Man Who Received 217 COVID Vaccines Has Functioning Immune System

https://www.technologynetworks.com/immunology/news/german-man-who-received-217-covid-vaccines-has-functioning-immune-system-384483

The article states that 138 doses were officially accounted for, so even he lied about the other 79 shots, holy dicks that’s still so many vaccines lmao
Apparently this is called hypervaccination!
:krad:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

try not to get any vaccinations on the way to the parking lot!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I tripped and fell on the needle.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if I hate the people who refuse to mask more or less than the people who wear a mask with their nose out or hanging off their chin.

A spiteful part of me would love to go without a mask, but only if I'm actually sick with something. Only one dude out of 100 some employees mask at work, and people with active fevers and the loving flu don't take time off. And nope, they don't mask, and cough all over poo poo, and glare at me when I sprayed rubbing alcohol on my work phone after they used it.

"Just the flu" my rear end, flu got me loving bad years ago. Like getting to the bathroom was a loving miracle, I think I lost like 5 pounds from not eating and just sleeping and drinking a little water when I needed to.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Report: Absolutely nothing wrong with man who sought 217 COVID vaccinations. "Perfectly normal", say scientists.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

The ars article went on to say:

quote:

His antibodies' ability to neutralize SARS-CoV-2 appeared to be between fivefold and 11-fold higher than in controls, but the researchers noted that this was due to a higher quantity of antibodies, not more potent antibodies. Specific subsets of immune cells, namely B-cells trained against SARS-CoV-2's spike protein and T effector cells, were elevated compared with controls. But they seemed to function normally. As another type of control, the researchers also looked at the man's immune response to an unrelated virus, Epstein-Barr, which causes mononucleosis. They found that the unbridled immunizations did not negatively impact responses to that virus, suggesting there were no ill effects on immune responses generally.

Last, multiple types of testing indicated that the man has never been infected with SARS-CoV-2. But the researchers were cautious to note that this may be due to other precautions the man took beyond getting 217 vaccines.

"In summary, our case report shows that SARS-CoV-2 hypervaccination did not lead to adverse events and increased the quantity of spike-specific antibodies and T cells without having a strong positive or negative effect on the intrinsic quality of adaptive immune responses," the authors concluded. "Importantly," they added, "we do not endorse hypervaccination as a strategy to enhance adaptive immunity."

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Is there a most vaccinated man alive world record yet?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

buglord posted:

Is there a most vaccinated man alive world record yet?

I've been getting as many vaccinations as I can.

If I get two more stamps on my card I get a free soup.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

astral posted:

The ars article went on to say:

Ig Nobel candidate IMO

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

I want to know how this guy got 217 vaccinations. Was he traveling to different cities and doing this? Did no one track vaccinations and were like "Oh weird this guy has 200 vaccinations"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Apparently he got all those shots so he could sell the vaxx cards to anti-vaxxers
https://twitter.com/mjtimber2/status/1765015580824768527

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Apparently he got all those shots so he could sell the vaxx cards to anti-vaxxers
https://twitter.com/mjtimber2/status/1765015580824768527

He won twice lol.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Welp, finally got it. First time, as far as I know.

Already got pax and the new booster about a month ago. That's about as much as I can do, I think.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

yep. getting vaxxed will give you significantly shorter illness with fewer long term effects than you'd otherwise have

the other stuff you can do is stay away from others and wear as much mask as you can get your hands on when around others (N95 ideal, droplet mask if that's all you have). If other people come into your space, give them a mask and insist they wear it while there.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Okuteru posted:

Welp, finally got it. First time, as far as I know.

Already got pax and the new booster about a month ago. That's about as much as I can do, I think.

To reduce the risk of long covid take it easy for a few weeks/months after you recover. Don't train for a marathon or Everest assent for a couple months.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
My father was invited to dinner by neighbors. I don't think he's socialized like that for years. I had to remind him that he's 86 and unvaccinated and that there's significant risk spending a couple of hours around a table with people. He can make his own choices but I reminded him that if he gets sick I'll have to get on a plane to go take care of him.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

he's got a responsibility to tell the people he'll be visiting with that he's unvaccinated. if he won't, you should consider doing it instead

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cactus Ghost posted:

he's got a responsibility to tell the people he'll be visiting with that he's unvaccinated. if he won't, you should consider doing it instead

This, and to be clear, to be vaccinated, he has to be up-to-date on his shots.

Anyone who has not received the 2023–2024 formulation has a moral duty to tell everyone they interact with.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

How can you tell if someone is vegan unvaccinated? Don’t worry, they’ll tell you.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

He did the right thing and declined, but then they brought a plate over for him so he wouldn't feel left out.

JoshGuitar
Oct 25, 2005
Did he sanitize his plate and leave it outside for a week before eating it through a tiny hole in an SCBA? He has a moral duty to do so.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

JoshGuitar posted:

Did he sanitize his plate and leave it outside for a week before eating it through a tiny hole in an SCBA? He has a moral duty to do so.

likewise, you have a moral duty to slam your genitalia in a car door

JoshGuitar
Oct 25, 2005

Cactus Ghost posted:

likewise, you have a moral duty to slam your genitalia in a car door

Ironic, since I lost part of them to testicular cancer, which has a far higher mortality rate than covid. I was just trying to give some helpful advice to people who have seemingly teleported here from spring of 2000. You would seriously tell your 80-something father to live out his few remaining days in absolute seclusion because diseases exist?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

quote where i said that

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Heavily implied

JoshGuitar
Oct 25, 2005

Cactus Ghost posted:

quote where i said that

Not you personally, although you seemed to endorse it with the "moral obligation" thing. Dick Trauma said his/her dad hasn't eaten dinner with friends in years, then apparently browbeat his/her father into staying home to die alone in front of the TV because the outside world is scary.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
you just gotta check for wifi devices, anyone with 5G or above got the fauci death jab

also every time you get a new shot it adds a G so we'll eventually be up to 10G and merge with the spirit realm

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

giving other old people a heads-up so they can make an informed decision isn't locking grandpa in the cellar, regardless of what you're determined to read into it

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
when does the new booster come out? my wifi is lagging and I could use a boost.

still the only person at work in a mask.

JoshGuitar
Oct 25, 2005

Cactus Ghost posted:

giving other old people a heads-up so they can make an informed decision isn't locking grandpa in the cellar, regardless of what you're determined to read into it

He/she (I'll just say they now to hopefully avoid offending anybody) said their dad hadn't so much as had dinner with friends in years, and when said dad accepted an invitation, they "convinced" him that was a mortal sin ahd he should continue in his solitude.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

JoshGuitar posted:

Ironic, since I lost part of them to testicular cancer, which has a far higher mortality rate than covid. I was just trying to give some helpful advice to people who have seemingly teleported here from spring of 2000. You would seriously tell your 80-something father to live out his few remaining days in absolute seclusion because diseases exist?

They say that COVID causes memory loss.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

JoshGuitar posted:

He/she (I'll just say they now to hopefully avoid offending anybody)

You coulda just said "they" in the first place, but no, you had to make it weird(er)

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

JoshGuitar posted:

He/she (I'll just say they now to hopefully avoid offending anybody)

:goonsay:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

My dad said that this was the first good day he's had since my mom died. :unsmith:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Dick Trauma posted:

My dad said that this was the first good day he's had since my mom died. :unsmith:

you unspeakable monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Dick Trauma posted:

My father was invited to dinner by neighbors. I don't think he's socialized like that for years. I had to remind him that he's 86 and unvaccinated and that there's significant risk spending a couple of hours around a table with people. He can make his own choices but I reminded him that if he gets sick I'll have to get on a plane to go take care of him.

Why isn't he vaccinated?

Cactus Ghost posted:

And I can't tell if this is a joke or not. What risk does him being unvaccinated pose under these circumstances?