Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

are buffets allowed to operate rn? they aren't where i live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

extremely gratified to hear (even though i work from home) that masks are still required on site at work, per CDC guidelines. can't help but think that all those people masked up and social distancing on the warehouse feed must be fairly jealous of us bougie work from home types all barefaced on the zoom grid though

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Buffets always seemed gross to me even pre covid.

yeah, some things i probably won't ever do again include eating at a buffet and sitting shoulder to shoulder in a packed movie theater for a summer tentpole release. i think the only way you're ever getting me back in a movie theater is taking me to the bougie recliner-based one that only seats like 80

live theater is also pretty iffy. was really looking forward to taking my burgeoning thespian kid to a lot of shows but now have no idea when i'll feel comfortable sitting in a full house

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

greazeball posted:

I feel like someone upthread: when the numbers of new cases per day is finally at something lower than loving crazy number like it is now, then I'll start thinking about doing some indoor or crowded stuff. In about 6 weeks, after my second dose settles in, I'll feel a lot better about going shopping, taking the train and stuff like that. The guilty pleasure I don't know when we'll be able to do again is going to the sauna/baths. I love a day relaxing in saunas and whirlpools and chilling in the sun or shade. It'll be a while before I look at a steam bath with anything but horror.

mine's bars and pinball tournaments and i'm still a long way out from either of those. maybe july, more likely halloween/thanksgiving. i just don't want to do it if i have to wear a mask

i texted one of the people that runs a pinball room here and told them i'd drop soooo much coin if they had a vaccine passport night. i was serious. she just loled

oh also public pools...nah. just nah

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

learnincurve posted:

When the enquiry happens Dr Chris Whitty, our Dr Fauci, deserves a knighthood and a parade, which he won’t get, because this god drat hero has been perfectly happy to take all the flack and ire from angry boomers if it means getting it done.

even when i hear the chuds grumbling about him at the barber or at the bagel place or whatever, they're talking about how lovely it must be to have Fauci's job and im inclined to agree

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

The Bloop posted:

I can't wait for buffets and theatres personally.

Of course I usually only go to the "bougie" recliners one that costs the exact same amount as the old busted seats lovely one across town. When I want to feel fancy I spring for the DOLBY one. The seats are actually a little worse, but you can't argue with the picture and sound quality. Great for bright colorful things like Pixar movies and Marvel poo poo

oh by the bougie one i mean the one with tasteful low lighting and sick recliners and reserved seating and wait service and $14 vodka tonics

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

pro starcraft loser posted:

I'm worried when we get back into the office as I'm pretty sure I've developed agoraphobia over the past year.

So that'll be real fun.

that's going to be a problem for a lot of people. i know for a fact that people are all a little crazy right now; i had several parents come up to me after games I reffed and say stuff like 'sorry for yelling at you, i just haven't seen my kid play in so long' which on a personal level makes me go :psyduck: but on a practical level i suppose i understand

all sorts of incidents through the first 5 weeks of the year with people screaming at like 15 year old referees and stuff. many people just plain forgot how to act

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

And I'm on funerary detail hiatus until August.

i'm honestly very relieved for you

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

you people are nuts. i meant what i said 100% honestly

you can't even recognize actual empathy

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

questioning your logic isn't allowed, being supportive of you isn't allowed

what's allowed besides commiseration? we're all experiencing covid, fluffy bunnies, not just you

welcome or not, i'm glad you get a break from one of the multiple stressors you constantly experience. i don't know how to state it more plainly

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i let myself be pressured into eating in an open air, enclosed courtyard restaurant at a hotel for mother's day and had a legit panic attack when we walked in and i saw only the staff masked up

don't do poo poo you're not ready to do, imho

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Getting my second dose very soon. My work wants to have a big lunch together at a restaurant in a week and I feel like a bad guy for not going.

nooooo. nope. don't wanna go, don't go. their perception of you is not your problem

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i mean, anyone in range of driving/getting to south orange county, there is a walk in appointment place a mile from my house and i'm glad to share info/resources/whatever

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cdc-plans-drop-mask-requirements-fully-vaccinated-people-n1267249?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

too soon imho

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

oldskool posted:

They're getting real desperate to sway anti-vaxxers...like, I get it,, but idk why they continue to think this sort of thing will work when the past year+ shows how clearly it doesn't.

i think what ohio is doing is great

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Blooster posted:

I like how chuds now are all over Facebook saying poo poo like "Hey liberals, do you no longer support the CDC??? :smug: " and it's like gently caress yeah I don't support them any more! This is so loving stupid! All you're going to get is a bunch of chuds not wearing masks because they'll just claim they are vaccinated even though they aren't! What a loving stupid, bone headed decision this is!

I have small loving children who literally cannot get vaccinated. What a huge loving mistake.

i listen to the science :smug:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

just in time for summer tentpole season, lmfao

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

california pro sports stadiums are trying to shame people into getting vaccinated by opening up seating if you're vaccinated and making you sit in socially distanced pods in the 2 sections out of 100 they reserve for non-vaccinated fans if you're not

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

you are under no obligation to rush back out. this guidance is largely (in my estimation) geared towards incentivizing people to get the shot than anything

if you're not comfortable with it yet, don't go out. don't let yourself be pressured in to it because if you do, you're gonna have a bad time

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Sjs00 posted:

I get that this is a joke but this kind of interviewing is critical to getting these bumpkins to go get loving jabbed, it needs to be done

sounds like a good way to catch an rear end whooping

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

kiddos' getting their shot today woot

Sjs00 posted:

You would know all bout antagonizing people

shut the gently caress up

boar guy fucked around with this message at 14:33 on May 14, 2021

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

Current hot take I just heard at work:

"I'm never taking the vaccine now and I'm burning my masks. This is all about control."

RIP that guy.

i mean it's callous, but at this point...

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/5bc37e64-e7a7-477a-bb3b-a7023c6f9f06

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i had a friend when i lived in detroit that used to have actual psychotic breaks and stand outside the front door of downtown bar Jacoby's waiting for pimped out dudes in suits with jewelry and girls on their arms to walk by and pick fights by saying stuff like 'oooh girl, you look fly' or 'how you doing, sweetie' (to the guy)

real strong 'that guy' vibes from that boston footage

judging from the one reaction (which i believe i posted about) of the one person i've politely asked to step back a few feet in a store, i shan't be trying to convince anyone of anything

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i wish i thought that bar was going to move a lot more than it is between now and then

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

AndrewP posted:

poo poo like this gets posted in here with almost no pushback, what the hell

a lot of real stupid poo poo gets posted here with no pushback, man

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

it's pretty cool that my father in law who we definitely thought was going to die for at least a week when he got covid is running around telling people that having covid isnt that bad

motherfucker i called you every day. you were a hard fart away from dying

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

it says weekly

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

does that make up for what a stupid open everything up rear end in a top hat he was last year? was pretty sweet watching the bloom of counties in ohio turning red from the south up as that jackass hosed everything up

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

gohuskies posted:

But it seems like the lottery was a good idea at least! Anybody choosing not to get the shot probably understands probability poorly enough that they are exactly the kind of folks who a lottery could work on.

i agree and stated upthread, i think the lottery is a wonderful idea. hell, make it a billion and make it national and enter me in it

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Cthulu Carl posted:

Lol where did I say that it did?

i didn't say that you said it. i was just throwing it out there because i remember him handling things very badly last year

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

they are doing either tested negative for covid within the past 24 hours or two weeks past the second jab for sporting events in CA, anyway

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i mean weren't they doing vaccine passports in Wuhan like a month after the outbreak?

bring them on. i don't care about freedoms for people that don't care about my health

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

the app we registered with in orange county, CA, to set up an appointment for the vax (Othena) also has a digital record of it including the date, manufacturer lot number, and location of each injection, and there's a place to upload photos of your card as well

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

foreverally vaccinatified

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

how about bruce springsteens weird as gently caress super bowl commercial is that covid

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

blessed images thread plz

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

learnincurve posted:

After the thread found out what you do exactly one person thinks of you as a doomposter Fluffy Bunnies :) everyone else completely understands that your pandemic has been on a whole different level to all of ours and yeh, you of all people get to vent post.

no.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

learnincurve posted:

The Phantom Raspberry Blower of Old London Town appears.

i like that you think you get to decide what gets posted here

no one's experience of covid is any more valid than anyone else's. this thread isn't a livejournal

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Revins posted:

maybe just ignore their posts then instead of whining about another person venting?? just a thought

oh see i was responding to the backseat mod, who the actual mods very much disagree with, not the person that asked me not to respond to them

r->c->p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Kragger99 posted:

This might come across as doomposting, but it's a serious question.
With much of the US going maskless, and variants mutating in parts of the world that lessen the efficacy of vaxxes, aren't we moving into a new normal where covid is just accepted a part of everyday life, and the vaccines (which will most likely require boosters every 6-12 months) basically lower the chances of having severe symptoms/dying, keeping the hospitals from being overwhelmed?

i think we were always moving towards it being another type of 'seasonal flu shot' type thing. and it ain't gonna be the last, either. i hope someone that gets paid a lot more than i do is working on what to do the next time this inevitably happens