Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I talked to a old lady today and we didn't wear masks or be weird because we're both vaxxed and were outside.

It was nice to make a new friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
The dnd crew is all vaxxed. Time to make lovely tacos and roll dice :getin:

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I went to a dog park and nobody was masked and it almost felt normal.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I'm a fan of the sturgis spike that brought covid to the red states. That was funny.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Fenarisk posted:

We had to go to Costco this past weekend and I just don't give a gently caress anymore, I'll gladly keep wearing a mask and loudly exclaiming how many idiots are inside without a mask when they are in earshot. They don't deserve benefit of the doubt, or sympathy, or even respect so they won't receive it.

That's why I try as hard as possible to poo poo my pants when the inlaws get racist.

You want to invite me over then be gross? Cool, hold my beer and watch this

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I'm vaxxed and I'm going to cancun and I'm gonna suck and gently caress at chichen itza. :unsmith: Everyone says it's probably fine but goons.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Bape Culture posted:

The only thing that will snap me out of being mad on the computer and being holier than thou is a children’s theme park, personally.

Disney is for dog mourning, not 'covid is over' partying.

Keep the FB deep lore straight, jeez.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

From what I've read on the news, the mRNA vaccines (at least) have already been studied on pregnant women and deemed safe. Not sure why she would wait.

She's stupid OP.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

MarcusSA posted:

Pretty hard not to notice when you have a fever of 102.

Good lord you're a oval office.

Maybe it had something to do with fevers causing delerium.

E: vvv It's more about your post history than just that comment, but I stand by my statement and the strength of language used here, outside an austhread.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Samuel L. Hacksaw fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jun 14, 2021

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Also it's a drain on logistics currently being used to deploy vaccines.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Okay, maybe this person that lives in georgia is stupid, have we tested that hypothesis?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
*goes outside during a crazy warm spring in the american south*

WHY ARE NONE OF THESE KIDS WEARING MASKS?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Get the shot and move on. Let the chuds die in their lung goo. We don't need them. I just don't loving care anymore when the vaccine is freely available.

I know they said the same poo poo about blue cities but gently caress them, turnabout is fair play and I don't care about fairness and rights after 16 months of these useless clowns bellyaching to the point of insurrection.

They sewed the wind, now it's time for them to reap.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

cash crab posted:

Dude, liberals also will never again go back to that. As far as they're concerned the performativity of banging on pots and pans and making sourdough for a month or two was a massive sacrifice to their lifestyles and well-being, and I am not exaggerating when I say that they feel that because they "were good", they deserve freedom. I am quoting almost verbatim from r/coronavirus.

As well, I think you would have a hard time convincing otherwise apolitical working class people to lock down again in the US since the gov. decided that one check for less than two grand was totally fine for an entire year and they want to buy groceries and poo poo. I think a full lockdown would have worked a year and a half ago, but the messaging was so bungled that COVID itself is partisan issue that some people refuse to engage with because it's political.

Reddit is not the real world. Don't be a disingenuous poo poo.

I'm vaxxed and want the chuds dead now. That's why I don't wear a mask, to encourage them to loving kill themselves with stupidity.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Az released in the US first right? Probably election poo poo.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Look at me, I'm dumb and wrong!

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Moderna + flushot this Friday. Can't wait to sleep through the weekend.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Boosted and flu shotted. No major side effects from either, gently caress yeah.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Beachcomber posted:

This is me:

The exhale valve on those isn't a filtered port, so you're only protecting yourself. There's little 3d printed chinguses that clip in to the exhaust port under your chin and have the 3m standard connector.

Use the round filters, they're way lighter.

I got one for my wife and one for me when this all started. She cried when she put it on the first time because the feeling of needing to 'pull' the valves open to breathe gave her anxiety, same thing when we tried SCUBA.

I use the spare to clean cat boxes now.

Samuel L. Hacksaw fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 15, 2021

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Neat that's a new paper I haven't seen yet!

Most of the valves point down, and collect a ton of moisture. I'm betting that is the mechanism that makes them similar to way the gently caress better than cloth masks.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

The Velvet Witch posted:

Decided to get both my covid booster AND the flu shot at the same time and theyre duking it out Fantastic Voyage style in me

I did too. 5 days later i'm tired as balls.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

AHH F/UGH posted:

That seems to me to be a mix of "don't share personal information about your vax status" or something, with an unwritten middle manager tone of "divide and conquer".

I've texted one of my other coworkers about getting a united front here, and they shared the same sentiment - sadly I don't think I can get my team lead/supervisor involved or he might see the appeal and go for the seniority route instead and "rat" on me to my boss. He's a bit of a company man and also sort of a brick wall, very emotionless.

It might appear I'm collectivizing all my coworkers secretly to be a lazy rear end and get our whole team to say we only want to work from home so that we can sit around eating fruit loops and watching TV.

Truthfully, I secretly suspect that everyone in our team actually *does* enjoy working from home and it's a sort of unspoken agreement among thieves.

Don't do anything and just don't go back. Make them fire you without cause and collect a fat settlement.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
"My family situation has changed during covid and I have dependents here to support and I can do that on a wfh schedule without impacting my availability"

Yeah I mean my dog, gently caress you if you don't like it

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

liz posted:

Back in the office now and I’m literally the only person who actually wears a mask at my desk even though you only have to wear them when you “walk away from your desk.”

My coworker makes fun of me for it and I’m sure it will be worse when the mandate ends in a few days. Will this poo poo ever feel normal? Ugh.

Just tell him to shut the gently caress up. Let it go to HR and get a bunch of money out of a wrongful dismissal suit, or get the dude fired for creating a hostile workplace. No quarter given.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Skyscraper Raccoon posted:

Forcing the less fortunate to wear masks while the laptop class stays home is an ineffective strategy and a stark example of inequitable class treatment?

Masks are a class issue, but not the way you think!

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

CaptainSarcastic posted:

No, it doesn't. Clinical OCD is not just hand-washing and the like, and is a lot more serious than what the popular conception of it is.

Yep, lemme log onto the old gbs so I can *checks 'tedious bastard club' card* ah yes, it's a Monday, that's the day I gatekeep discussion about mental health on the internet.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

CaptainSarcastic posted:

They might arrive at a similar symptom but via a different cause. Yeah, excessive handwashing as a result of anxiety spurred by covid can be obsessive or compulsive, but it is a symptom of anxiety, not OCD. In the further interests of tedious bastardry I'll just say that I feel it's important to distinguish between clinical OCD and the colloquial use of the term as the general misunderstanding of the disorder can cause harm to people who actually do suffer from it.

Have you heard of the TV show Monk? I think you would dislike it.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

A Strange Aeon posted:

So all those tests the US government sent are pretty much useless?

Of course they are. Nobody popping positive helps break public anxiety now that we're all vaxxed and a positive result is not super concerning for healthy vaxxed folks.

Still sucks for Olds, the young, and sick folks.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Skyscraper Raccoon posted:

The always-online laptop class rules the roost here and they're terrified at the idea of having to go outside again. Perfectly happy with having the hoi polloi continue to deliver their food, keep the internet going, and take the trash away but not them - no, no, no. It's far too dangerous out there.

Staying at home and reposting tweets about how terrible the untermenschen are is the preferred pandemic exercise.

Reported for: I'm in this picture and I don't like it.

I'm back in the office and it's totally good for my mental health because I get to see humans being idiots and it reminds me that we're all really dumb and I don't need to focus on tiny mistakes that nobody noticed anyway.

Plus all the lovely contrarians got fired for being annoying about masks and shots.

If you're in a shithole state that's still dying in droves then OK, maybe stay home. But we're basically all vaxxed up here in the civilized parts of CT.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I have a head cold (NOT COVID). Does that count?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I think more people need to adopt my maximum risk tolerance strategy of doing whatever you want and smoking a ton of weed to make sure the covid gets stuck in my lung juice instead of contacting my important bits.

I just got back from a suck and gently caress in Chicago and no covid.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Does every goon live in shitwater Alabama, or are people in civilized states still pretending it's the first 3 months and we don't have a vaccine, antiviral, or wide-spread mask acceptance and availability?

Like, if you live in a shithole place, yeah it's plagueville, but all the cool places have mitigation plans in place. This thread is like 3 crises behind the times

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I live in, and just visited, a yellow/blue zone. Also lol at the color-scale on that map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Acres of Quakers posted:

I started feeling covid symptoms on July 1st. Tested positive on the 3rd. When can I safely get the new booster?

Sir this is a comedy forum not a Dr. Office.