Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Trump getting corona was kind of amusing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I just got my booster shot of Moderna , feels good

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I had my third today and feel fine but I didn't have any reaction to my 2nd Covid shot or my 1st. Got Moderna Lizard Juice.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Day 2 of my 3rd booster and all I have is a super sore arm. I guess I'm not going to really have a strong immune response to it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

If the FDA is approving Pfizer how long before we get approval for Moderna? It can't be that far behind.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

What's the difference between a pandemic and a endemic. When they say Coronavirus is endemic, what the gently caress is that suppose to mean?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Whats the connection between budesonide and COVID. Was reading in another thread that budesonide may be used to treat Covid?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Goddamn people are taking horse and sheep dewormer.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Goddamn people are eating horse paste and sheep drench. WTC.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

AKZ posted:

Got Moderna 2nd shot back in February and it laid me out for a day with fever, chills, and shakes. I'll get the booster the second it is recommended and available.

Just go get a 3rd shot from a pharmacy.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

There was just a recent large study about fluvoxamine and treatment of COVID.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/28/health/fluvoxamine-covid-risk-study/index.html

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I didn't see this posted in the thread but

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/05/health/pfizer-covid-pill.html

Pretty cool new drug from pfizer that will hopefully lead to less deaths.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I got my 3rd dose back in August so I'm wondering how much protection its offering what with it being December. I'm thinking of getting my titers checked. Possibly going for another booster. I dunno how I can get it though.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Apparently according to my doctor the CDC is recommending a 4th booster for immunocompromised persons at 6 months from the 3rd booster. I got my booster in Aug so I'm apparently scheduled for the next one in Jan.

Basically going to have to get a booster every 6 months now.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I'm actually planning on getting a 2nd booster shot in January according to my doctor they want me to get it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Oracle posted:

So many people - vaxxed masking people - getting Covid in my Facebook feed. Tried to warm them weeks ago to get boosted and wear kn94/n95s but the latest to fall admitted she had scheduled her booster for next week and had kept coming up with excuses as to why she couldn’t come get the kn94s I had for her.

If you’re a procrastinator stop putting it off. If you think your cloth mask will protect you you’re deluding yourself just as much as the anti vaxxed who think their previous infection will protect them.

Stop going to bars/restaurants/amusement parks/on vacations where you have to fly or take public transportation. Stop hanging out indoors unmasked. Stop going to the gym. Just freaking stop.

Chart from Wall St Journal:

That's a handy chart. Interesting, kind of wonder how they figured that out.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Hey what's a good resource for buying N95s? I have some KN95s but I wanted to get actual N95s I've not had a luck finding them.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Well that loving sucks.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Charliegrs posted:

This is the kind of bullshit you get when people just skim headlines (Albeit poorly written headlines) and don't read the actual article.

The Pfizer CEO said two does is not enough for omicron but a booster dose is very effective. Which has been known for a while now.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/10/pfizer-ceo-says-two-covid-vaccine-doses-arent-enough-for-omicron.html

Yeah Omicron doesn't give a gently caress. Hopefully we'll get boosters against Omicron, but who knows.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Finally was able to get scheduled for a 2nd booster this coming Friday. So just gotta stay safe til then.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

What about KN95 because that's what I have access to.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I'm getting my fourth shot this Friday, I haven't had any reaction to Moderna so far.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I was able to get some N95s from the local hardware store. They're made in China but I don't know the quality. I guess its better than nothing. They fit pretty well though. Brand is Cordiva ,and its NIOSHA approved. Whatever that means. It was 25 for a box of 20.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I did a search by the numbers on the TC 84A 3713 and that turned up results. So Im assuming its approved.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Apparently Biden is giving out 400 million N95 masks

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/19/1074037421/the-biden-administration-will-give-out-400-million-free-n95-masks

They should have probably done this weeks ago.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Got my 2nd booster of Moderna. These vaccination cards kind of suck. I'm going to run out of room.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I'm more curious as to where the hell you got all those tests?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Israel found that fourth shots restore the antibody levels seen after the third shot.

Unfortunately, there is no no rule‐following way to get a fourth shot in the U.S., exceptions being that you are immunocompromised and your third shot was an “additional dose”, you were in a clinical trial, or you had foreign vaccines not recognized by the U.S..

I was able to get my fourth shot with just a letter from my doctor. If you really need a fourth shot , try just getting a letter from your doctor and going to a CVS / Wal Greens.

Also, CVS and Walgreens aren't really gatekeeping fourth shots there was a big news story about it a few weeks ago and now they're not requiring anything other than the assertation that your immunocompromised.

edit:

I should say that I am immunocompromised and this was a letter from my doctor to the clinic telling them to give me a 4th shot because of medication I'm on. However a family member just got a doctor letter telling them to give the fourth shot and was able to get it.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 9, 2022

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I really don't think most pharmacies care and if you've already had a booster and want to get a 4th shot 5 months out just go into the pharmacy and tell them your there for your booster and you forgot your vaccine card. Unless they've got access to a internal database of the state or something then its probably not going to be that big a deal.

Its only a few months away from them saying yea you need 4th shot boosters for everyone.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I called my local pharmacy and they said they were getting them but didn't know when. I've had 5 shots lol. This will be my 6th.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I got the COVID. Started Paxlovid yesterday. They are really huge pills.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

yeah, and ritonavir tastes like poo poo

well, up until the taste clears for 30-60 minutes and you are reminded that you have a dose coming up

Yeah they do taste like poo poo but better than the alternative lol.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah I mean Im not bed bound I just have head ache stuff nose occasionally. The Night shakes are not pleasant though. Waking up in the middle of the night freezing.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah it just feels like a head cold. Also this happened while family were visiting and we had tickets to multiple broadway shows. So I get to isolate in my room while they travel everywhere without me.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I mean I feel like the paxlovid is working I've had three doses so far. I havent had any medication since 10am this morning and have felt pretty normal since then no need for tylenol or anything really.. Hopefully this past night was the last nights of the chills.

I plan to take some cold and flu medicine before sleep tonight to kind of help me go to sleep and hope I feel better.

Also I was vaccinated a total of 6 times. I haven't gotten the newest vax though because I could get an appointment.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Oct 8, 2023

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Paxlovid worked pretty drat well. I haven't had any symptoms since basically Day 1 of taking a full dose of course I could just have just had mild covid.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I'm two weeks out and I still show positive for COVID on the home tests. When should I expect a negative result. Did a test this past Saturday and it was positive still.

I don't have any symptoms but still coughing up poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I want to know how this guy got 217 vaccinations. Was he traveling to different cities and doing this? Did no one track vaccinations and were like "Oh weird this guy has 200 vaccinations"