Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I second that, the thread is too useful as a timeline of how things progressed to let it die away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

BBQ Dave posted:

and I have permanent stankface, all my facial composure is gone. When I'm out in the world my mouth is either set to "hard determined line" or war grimace. I have Judge Dredd mouth, and must hide it.

I hate that I relate to this.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

A Fancy Hat posted:

I hate to be cynical and say "gently caress 'em, it's their own fault at this point" but that's really how I'm starting to feel right now. Just personally, my wife and I have done everything possible to try and get her parents vaccinated, short of administering the vaccine ourselves. They still refuse. What more can I do at this point?

This is how I feel, the problem with this feeling is that they still comprise a significant amount of the population, and if/when they get infected, the potential to spread that infection to others, even people fully vaccinated, will always be there. Obviously as MORE people are vaccinated, that potential decreases, but right now, we're not at the point where it's a negligible concern.

But like you said, I have no idea how to get through to these people, and I'm starting to not even want to, despite "just giving up" being a bad idea.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So I'm fully vaccinated, and have been for almost a full month now, and all the people I really care about are either also fully vaccinated or on their way to getting fully vaxxed. So now my question is, how much longer will I have to wear a mask, and how much longer until I feel comfortable enough to go back to the gym? The past year and a half has thoroughly removed any desire to go to a restaurant anymore, and I didn't go to the mall or movie theaters all that much even before the pandemic, but it's the gym I miss the most. I still want to be safe, but I don't know how much safer I can get.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

smoobles posted:

Can someone explain to me what the Ligma Variant is?

*rushes into the thread, knocking down a few bystanders in the process*

LIGMA BALLS!!!!!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I'm pretty sure I'm sick right now and I really hope it isn't COVID. How can I get tested without going inside a store or clinic?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I got the booster shot yesterday, and it's loving rocking me today. It's probably too early, but do we have any idea of how long the efficacy of the booster will last? I don't really want to go through today again next year, or the year after that, and etc. Also, are my symptoms today possibly indicative of what having actual COVID would be like? Over the past few months I've been worried that at some point I may have gotten it but may have been asymptomatic, given that I'm interacting with a lot more people compared to last year, since now I have a job that I didn't have for most of last year. It would be relieving to know that I've stayed healthy all the way up until now.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Yeah, if only some brave soul could concoct a method, using the resources available to the Internet, to create some kind of public meeting place where information could be collected and shared from different people and walks of life. Some sort of..."Forum", like in the days of olde Grecian antiquity.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Guys, I need some cheering up. I'm fully vaccinated and 3rd shot boosted, sometime in I think January or something. I wear a mask everywhere. Some coworkers invited me to a 4th of July party today, I said I wasn't sure but I might stop by. I go by the place and there's like 12 cars there. I already know from working with them that nobody's going to be wearing a mask there, I would be the only one. I have my mask, obviously, but I didn't feel comfortable going through with it, so literally at the doorstep I decide to just get back in my car and go home. The main coworker who invited me texted me sometime later to ask if I wasn't coming, I explained it, they were a little sad but said they understood.

It sucks man. It really really sucks. I haven't been to a public gathering in over 2 years. I work mostly alone, I live mostly alone, I do everything mostly alone. I hate it. And ordinarily I'm fine with this state of affairs, but idk. I really did want to go to the party, and I hate that I didn't because I'm still concerned about COVID when it feels like literally everyone around me doesn't care.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Jot got my COVID bivalent booster yesterday afternoon. I know I should have gotten it ASAP, but my work and other IRL stuff kept me too busy to make the visit and deal with the after effects. Just like the other times this booster is rocking me, but I take cold comfort in the belief that if these symptoms really are how my body would react to the real thing, then that means I'm still COVID-free two years in, because I only feel this crappy after these shots. Also the knowledge that tomorrow I'll probably wake up and feel right as rain. Anyway, the country is full of idiots and everything sucks and we all probably deserve the horrible years ahead of us. I'm going to bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So at this point I've started to hear a lot of people around me say that the flu season is particularly bad right now, and I'm wondering how much of that is an actual flu and how much of that is the newest covid strain that is evading testing.