Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

Mu Zeta posted:

Got my pfizer booster at Walgreens. I was early to my appointment but they were still super slow and I had to wait another 20 minutes before getting my shot. How about implementing some kind of penalty for being so late. If I showed up late to my dentist they charge a fee.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

Pyrtanis posted:

I am a weirdo that has super low blood pressure and when I'm having a bad day with dizziness phenylephrine helps me.

My doctors have told me to just eat more salt, which does not work. It has a use!

I also have very low blood pressure and had never heard of this. Thank you!

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

CaptainSarcastic posted:

2. Daily antihistamine. I'm using generic Zyrtec now, but Claritin also works. A pharmacist friend of mine told me that the dosage on these things is actually lower than it should be, because they were so hellbent on being able to advertise them as non-drowsy that they gamed things to find the lowest dose that showed efficacy while also not having a high rate of reported sedation, so I double up when my allergies tend to increase (springtime, for me).

My current allergist has me on Zyrtec twice a day and Azelastine, (in your number 3), and that seems to do well for me. I also use Flonase most of the year up to 4 sprays a day. Years ago another allergist recommended a high dose of vitamin C, I didn’t notice a difference but some people do.

Montelukast gave me terribly vivid dreams. The only dreams I’ve ever been able to smell, and they were usually about my house burning down. I had to quit using it :(

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

deep dish peat moss posted:

This is from a while ago but thanks for posting this because I stopped eating red meat and it went away :allears:

I was at the allergist’s office the other day and she said they do have treatments for this now. Might be worth looking into.