Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Did we beat covid yet? Not sure how I'm feeling about lockdown ending and restaurants/bars opening up before a big chunk of the population is vaxxed. Seems like it'll just spike the numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Picnic Princess posted:

Apparently some Canadians are attempting to travel abroad and have been turned down because their destination country doesn't recognize Covishield and/or vaccine mixing lol

The article I saw interviewed a lady who had wasted thousands cancelling a trip for 40 people to Croatia.

Supposed to fly into Canada in September. Hoping it'll be alright then. Have numbers been spiking in ontario/quebec?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

no. covid numbers have been very low and vaccine uptake is very high compared to america. would always like it to be higher (90%+ rather than ~80%), but as usual with canada, i find it hard to complain about our problems when comparing to the rest of the world.

no guarantees about the future tho lol, we thought we had it pretty well whipped last august too. that was pre-vaccine tbf

Well that's good news. Hopefully it stays that way

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Freezer posted:

A good policy altogether, but might just drive some edge cases to forge a CDC vax card and be done with it.

Already happening in france. A doctor got done for offering to put people into the system without jabbing them for like 250 euros a person

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Literally just happened when I sent a screenshot to a friend in France. "I feel like the jews of yesterday..."

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mu Zeta posted:

You can get an anthrax vaccine. Hepatitis B exists too but it's 3 shots months apart so it's a pain.

Isn't hep b a standard vaccine ? In Canada it is at least

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Huh, I got it at school when I was like 13. Wasn't sure but did a blood test recently and still have the antibodies running around

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Edit: I really doubt hep B is very prevalent in Canada. I could be wrong. Sex workers or drug users might be at elevated risk.

Could be because children are vaccinated against it?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

My whole point is that in Sweden nearly nobody is vaccinated yet we don't have endemic Hep B. I could have been clearer about that.

Edit: ^^^ Weren't the deer infected in early 2021 already? I distinctly remember reading about it ITT.

Edit 2: Welp my employer just made face masks mandatory in all offices once more. Glad to see they're not too proud to back down on their "open up the offices" policy. Hopefully they will hold off on the planned "100% occupancy allowed" event.

Ah apologies, I spaced on the sweden part.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Had a friend going off about not wanting to get a third shot and enough of the vaccine passport stuff.

Apparently the cops are going to use the vaccine passport app to falsely accuse people of crimes because it can track their location? They're anti-cop but that seems like one hell of a stretch. The pandemic has completely broken people's brains.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Another Bill posted:

Did you point out that the cops can already track their phone?

Not that it would matter, you can't reason someone out of something they didn't reason themselves into.

Yes, and that google knows you better than your parents do. "But it's just another method of control and removing freedoms"

They also hate that the vaccine clearly "doesn't work" so why get a third dose but think everyone should get the first two. I don't even know

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

How small is small town in that example?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

MarcusSA posted:

Also leaving their groceries outside for like 3 days before bringing them into the house.

Or having bouts of insomnia over eating frozen treats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ultraklystron posted:

C-SPAM also has someone who claims to have gotten 30+ Moderna shots and it's turning his blood to goo - screenshots in tweet:

https://twitter.com/drewtoothpaste/status/1470123702364913673

No way this is true