Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
This thread is a reboot of the previous Coronavirus megathread.

Use this thread to discuss news relating to the virus, experiences, etc. etc. - please do not use this thread to go off on people. I will attempt to keep up with the thread this time post re-boot.

I will be editing in resources here shortly - feel free to post or PM me any links you think should be in the OP, particularly vaccine stuff etc.

Telehealth resources thoughtfully shared by Trixie Hardcore from the C-SPAM thread:

Trixie Hardcore posted:

COVID-19 Therapeutics Locator Here

Telehealth resources that can prescribe Paxlovid:
PlushCare ($129)
Push Health ($69)
CallonDoc ($40)
CVS ($60)
Sesame Care (varies aprox$40)
Dr. B ($15) - some goons reporting unreliable care here, requires a photo of your id next to your test

Free Telehealth resources in select states:
California: https://sesamecare.com/covidca
North Carolina: https://portcitydaily.com/live-briefs/2022/12/18/state-launches-free-telemedicine-screenings-for-covid-19-treatment/
schedule an appointment at https://starmed.care/nc/ or by calling 704-941-6000 seven days a week, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Minnesota: https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/minnesota-launches-telehealth-program-to-offer-no-cost-covid-19-therapeutics
More information on how to access the program and instructions for downloading and getting started with the Cue Health App can be found at care.cuehealth.com/mn

Thread recommendation is don't destroy your liver, check drug interactions before taking anything prescribed to you! Does that sound like medical advice? I'm not a doctor and am not qualified to tell you for sure if destroying your liver is a good or bad idea, I'm just guessing it's bad tbh.
Drug-Drug Interactions Between Ritonavir-Boosted Nirmatrelvir (Paxlovid) and Concomitant Medications AND
Searchable Drug Interaction Checker
:420: Both CBD & THC interact with Paxlovid.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I get my second Moderna shot next Thursday. Speaking of which, I always hear about second shot side effects from Pfizer getters. Is Moderna the same in that regard?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i'm going to drive half an hour to the "good" chinese buffet here once my vaccine takes hold. I will also probably go out to eat with my best friend and his wife once they are both vaccinated. also we will probably go disc golfing. anyway i will follow the CDC's guidance in all things, it will be a long while before i'm going out all the time again :hai:

holy gently caress i want some chinese buffet. just think of those chicken skewers. imagine building a little log cabin out of egg rolls. oh baby

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I have moved it to The Goldmine, which was made for just such occasions.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Strawberry Pyramid posted:

Every single person I know who's been vaccinated has had side effects. A few even told me if they knew beforehand "they never would have gotten the drat thing" and cancelled their second appointments.

what convinced people that stupid to get the vaccine in the first place? Shouldn't they be protesting the vaccines as some kind of plot by Bill Gates?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
just realized I misremembered my second vaccine date and its not until next Wednesday :doh:

re: ppl posting at eachother while I was gone yesterday, if i have to probe anyone for that poo poo im going to probe everyone who adds on, so I would kindly thank boar guy/fluffy bunnies to stop interacting with each other at all. the thread seems completely fine when it's not about that

:thanks:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
yeah that seems really fast.. i won't claim to have any scientific basis but i don't think i personally will be doing nearly as much post vaxx as i would if masks were still a thing

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

FOUND AT VERY FUNNY PICS DOT EU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Covid isn't spread through the rear end, when did it ever go off the menu?

it depends on if it's a communal rear end you're eating or a private one

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
feel free to disagree w/ posters being overly safe for themselves or w/e but stop going on the personal attack over it here please.

as we all know here in GBS, Science and Facts are some Epic Win :thumbsup: especially when formed in to paragraphs of arguments that ill definitely read. thanks

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

A Fancy Hat posted:

I hate to be cynical and say "gently caress 'em, it's their own fault at this point" but that's really how I'm starting to feel right now. Just personally, my wife and I have done everything possible to try and get her parents vaccinated, short of administering the vaccine ourselves. They still refuse. What more can I do at this point?

start hinting that you and your wife are reconsidering not having kids

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
my doctor told me to eat a Arby's Double Beef ‘n Cheddar™️, which features double the amount of tender roast beef as Arby's Beef 'n Cheddar Classic™️, and I haven't had any side effects

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

satanic splash-back posted:

I can't believe anyone would wear a mask (or two) and leave their eyes unprotected and their ear holes wide open. I already have to wear a mask, it isn't that much more effort to wear safety goes and ear protection too whenever I shop.

no butt plug? You're just asking to get COVID

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

learnincurve posted:

Personally I leave the house in a full hazmat suit these days

I caught covid for the second time from breathing in pissy air in a disabled toilet.

read this as "pussy air" and gagged irl ftw

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

This is going to sound sassy and I don't mean it that way, but you're very pro-pre-covid and have been for a while. So I hope you don't mind me asking this. If you or one of those who went out to eat with you got seriously sick or (gods all forbid) passed away because their vaccine failed, would you continue to do the above? Or would you want the general public to roll back towards mask mandates and stuff?

Chinatown is a TWISTED rear end motherfucker. he'd probably LOVE IT if his friends and family died.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
just got home from a long line at the grocery store pharmacy and im v. angry

a couple with their 4 kids all but one definitely old enough to normally require masks. none of the kids wearing masks. all of them allowed to wander amongst the line completely unhindered. i feel extremely bad for the 80 year old sickly lady in line who kept cringing back every time the kids wandered up :thumbsup:

on the bright side the parents were in line for vaccines i guess

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Quote edit

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Gone Fashing posted:

the gal gadot video was possibly the cringiest thing to happen

gently caress you for reminding me about that

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Chief McHeath posted:

And to be clear, I used one pair of gloves to place the order, another pair to hand my credit card to the employee, another pair to accept the order, another pair to drive home, and a another pair to place the order in the garage. Then turned on the belt sander with a fresh pair of gloves and ran my hands on it to prevent fomite transmission.

I loving love the environment!

Right but how many times did you change your condom?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i don't think they're talking about vaccination rate, they're talking about... infection rate? :wtc:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
come on. a 2% infection rate secretly means a 5% infection rate which means you're given a 5% chance of DYING every time you go out? comparing that to getting on a plane with a 5% chance of going down? are you smoking crack right now

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Regarde Aduck posted:

When a plane blows up your chance of dying is 100%. So that's a 5% chance of death.

a 5% chance of catching covid does not equal a 5% chance of death. It doesn't even mean there's a 5% chance of being ill. And if you got ill it doesn't really say anything about the severity of the illness.

all right. now consider: that poster and his wife are both vaccinated

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Blitter posted:

Yes and while we're at it, consider that he is concerned about his family. Also consider that young children are not vaccinated, and that the chance of infection and transmission is considerably more tham 5% depending on your vaccine.

I have no idea why it is acceptable to poo poo on posters, without any factual justification when they have valid concerns. It's loving gross and happens over and over in this thread.

Saying that going to costco while vaccinated in a state with a 2% positivity rate is the same as getting on a plane with a 5% chance of blowing up is a valid concern? And one worth yelling at people in public over?

And gently caress you for acting like anybody not locking themselves in a vault isn't concerned about their family.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Just getting back to that stuff about Peru I just posted, here's a followup article

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1399449368701308938

I guess we're going to similar stories from quite a few countries as time passes

Has there been anything out of North Korea? I remember seeing something maybe a month ago about them getting quieter than normal.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
shut the gently caress up

e: sorry not you ^^^^

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i was only in that truck stop bathroom because of the vaccine, but my stupid wife i hate keeps saying i'm lying!!!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m assuming this is the result of the Delta variant

https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1407805968487010307?s=21

It's called the Lìgmã variant in Portuguese.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Platystemon posted:

I am unclear as to the nature of this bank.

Was the medical facility built in an old bank? Does it still operate as a bank? Does the bank house overflow beds or ordinary patient rooms or what?

to save money, the nurses also work as tellers

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

you just gave me a great idea

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

enki42 posted:

(or have them pick or just get it wrong and get something completely insane as a replacement, like a shoulder roast replacing pork chops)

i had somebody replace 2 packs of chopsticks with 2 100-packs of skewers a couple weeks ago

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
E

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Fuschia tude posted:

Did you hit probate, probate, ban, and reply, all in a row?

I posted the mod forum post where I said "I'm going to destroy this guy" in this thread instead of the mod forum on accident. :ssh:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
im reopening the thread but post about COVID-19 in a non psycho way please

and I'm going to hand out >6 hrs probes if you remotely piss me off in the next few pages until I forget I said that :thanks:

AARD VARKMAN fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 13, 2022

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Tiny Timbs posted:

I apologize, that was irrelevant to the discussion. I just saw 2 years of literal nonstop posting in all the forum's covid threads and absolutely nothing else and my brain started slipping gears

I'm on mobile and it takes forever to probe on so I missed this but I appreciate the apology nonetheless op

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I got boosted a week ago and couldn't see a mark where it went in and my other arm hurt like a bitch for days, anyone got any good conspiracy theories to explain this???

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i assume the senior management of basically every office company consists of some boomers that are absolutely livid about remote work, and some that realized it didn't effect thing at all/actually improved things for some people. and then you have the workers, that just get to find out which of the two types of boomer has more pull in YOUR company with zero say in the matter.

certainly how it has been at mine, basically a boomer war deciding whether or not we should waste shitloads of money on re-leasing office space over Principles (Having rear end In Chair From 8am-6pm And In View Of Supervisor At All Time)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

I read the comments and apparently COVID is over? Extremely over, super over, and no number of deaths per day will ever change that.