Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Second shot of Moderna in two hours. I don't know exactly how I'm feeling but there's probably a German word for it. Some combination of relief, anxiety, excitement and fear of having bad side effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

yippeekiyaymf posted:

I had my second Moderna shot this morning. Feel the same as you.

My arm is already starting to hurt and it’s only been two hours. The first one started hurting around five hours in. I definitely felt the second shot more than the first one.

Did you get both doses in the same arm or alternate sides? I'm leaning towards going with the left arm again since I frequently sleep on my right.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I just got #2 and they poked me while I was feeling the paperwork and I was a little shaky just because of the emotions I mentioned earlier. Four minutes into my 15 minute wait, hope they don't count nervousness/anxiety as a reason to keep you.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Closing in on 24 hours post-Moderna II, the injection site pain is real, arm doesn't really want to go much above shoulder height.

Last fall, I tested negative two days before and two days after an exposure and a three day period of intense muscle and joint pain, like a poster above me described their body was trying to leave their skin, intense fatigue, back and forth from hot to cold like a tennis match and an inability to sleep for more than like 20 minutes at a pop because anything you lied on got super sore. Feeling a notable amount of the same tissue/joint pain and some moderate fatigue, but at like a 3/10 rather than a 9/10, but none of the other symptoms. I feel like I could physically go out to grab some drive-thru or do some grocery shopping, but I have the day off so gently caress it.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Chief McHeath posted:

Closing in on 24 hours post-Moderna II, the injection site pain is real, arm doesn't really want to go much above shoulder height.

Last fall, I tested negative two days before and two days after an exposure and a three day period of intense muscle and joint pain, like a poster above me described their body was trying to leave their skin, intense fatigue, back and forth from hot to cold like a tennis match and an inability to sleep for more than like 20 minutes at a pop because anything you lied on got super sore. Feeling a notable amount of the same tissue/joint pain and some moderate fatigue, but at like a 3/10 rather than a 9/10, but none of the other symptoms. I feel like I could physically go out to grab some drive-thru or do some grocery shopping, but I have the day off so gently caress it.

At T+46h and I'd say I'm at about 90%, just a little stiffness in the neck and my shoulder's still a bit tender at the injection site. Pain and lethargy started rapidly declining at about T+30.

I did have a bunch of weird dreams last night, most of which included finding frogs in strange places. Open the cooler to pour ice in? Frog in there. Step in the closet? Frog in there. :getin:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/StandUp4Equity/status/1390663128937951236?s=20

He is a Free Man Traveling. Can't arrest him!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I can feel the nanobot population inside me increasing daily. :feelsgood:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Oh, word?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Randomly remembered this early Covid lol

https://twitter.com/HongKongHermit/status/1249142863004348419?s=20

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I'll be two weeks post shot two on Friday, and god damnit, after more than a year, I am going to the god damned gym, for my physical as well as mental health. Yes, I will wear a mask, but gently caress I really want to go lift some weights and actually feel safe about it. I've tried to go a few times at off hours and noped out seeing so many people without masks and not bothering to use the sanitizing wipes after they used a piece of equipment.

It will be a paranoid workout for sure, but I need the gym to bring me back a sense of normalcy/routine/sanity. I would say #GAINZ but lol covid more like #losses. It'll be the best DOMS ever.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

TacoNight posted:

Remember the dancing nurses teaching us how to properly wash hands to fend off the coming pandemic? PYF covid memory.

https://twitter.com/CityOfNOLA/status/1249039072644997123?s=19

https://twitter.com/HongKongHermit/status/1249142863004348419?s=19

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Purgatory Glory posted:

purchase winrar

WTF!? Mods????

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Can't wait until Wednesday night when I get to dig into the Big Mac combo that I just placed (wearing gloves) in the garage to rest for 72 full hours.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

And to be clear, I used one pair of gloves to place the order, another pair to hand my credit card to the employee, another pair to accept the order, another pair to drive home, and a another pair to place the order in the garage. Then turned on the belt sander with a fresh pair of gloves and ran my hands on it to prevent fomite transmission.

I loving love the environment!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

The restaurant I work at is now allowing vaccinated employees to work unmasked, even when customer facing. Do we need to show proof of said vaccination? Nope.

Thank you everyone for helping defeat Covid!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

CapMoron posted:

People can stop getting tested, but they can't stop making GBS threads, so there's that.

I accept your challenge.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Which truck stops have the best Covid protocols because I sure could use a slightly sloppy iykwim

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

satanic splash-back posted:

And other diseases and stuff. They didn't go anywhere.

:actually: two strains of the common flu may have died because *gasp* people wore masks during flu season.

https://gizmodo.com/the-pandemic-might-have-killed-off-some-flu-strains-for-1847033924

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Creating a coronavirus and norovirus ship to create the coronanovirus soup.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

As I stepped out of my car to go to the grocery today I could see a dude without a mask waiting by the door, and as I was walking in from the parking lot, the other dude he was with comes jogging from their vehicle with two fresh surgical masks, which they put on before they went in.

I saw, in my mind's eye, a vision:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

There's a TV/radio news/sports/talk group around me that all broadcast from the same studios and share facilities, on the way home the drive time sports guy opened the show saying he was going solo, and might sound a little rough, because his co-host was sick, his backup co-host was sick, and his backup to the backup co-host was sick. He'd have asked the guy from the news station to co-host, but they were sick as well. He was feeling good enough to do the show tonight, "but we might have someone else here tomorrow night."

According to him, everyone seems to have a "pretty strong cold that's going around." In Florida, in June, just after the the CDC said "no masks we good."

makes u wonder

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

How TF am I that high??

Weed is getting stronger yo.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

What the hell is the point of using the Greek alphabet to name variants when the Delta variant changes into "Delta Plus" instead of Epsilon.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

HOLY poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa_gk3X5UEE&t=108s

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

If I were SARS-CoV-2, I would simply go away.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Also Olympic athletes, since they can't have sex on their beds, might be eating even more rear end this year, it could be a problem.

Imagine being like "yeah, I ate that pole vault winner's butt, real good, but it turns out she had Covid."

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jul 20, 2021

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

vandalism posted:

I harbor no ill will toward you, man. That is legit. I am sorry if I pissed you off. I care about people and life and want the best, but in the big picture I think that covid is not as dangerous as it is being made out to be. I know that may sound callous because people are dying, but way more people die of preventable heart disease and cancer and the solution is simply diet and exercise. Nobody is going out and mandating that stuff. Nobody is on a crusade to ban sugar and have the government regulate non-food "food" (chips, pop, etc.) because of freedom of choice.

I am probably not the best judge of this because I haven't lost anyone to this terrible thing, though. I mean no disrespect to those who have. I literally mask up where possible and stay away from people the best as I can, so I dunno. I have already lost many loved ones in my life so this is just not that bad for me. Sorry to those who it is bad for. I don't want it to be, especially for goons.

Nice post, for an idiot to make.

Suck the poo poo directly out of my rear end in a top hat, idiot.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Cross post from other thread

https://streamable.com/v49jwh

Very worth the listen

*narrator's voice*

Chris is sick, and he did die, uncomfortably and alone, sixteen days after this recording. His last words were "caaaaaa ah whe *gurgle* mmmmm vvvvvvaxin aaaaate me??"

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

asdf32 posted:

anything at all

sut..... da fuk up

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/NICKIMINAJ/status/1437582425891098625

https://twitter.com/NICKIMINAJ/status/1437526877808128000

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

boom ba boom ba boom ba boom boom super based super based

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 14, 2021

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

spunkshui posted:

I don’t even want anything for Christmas this year lol

Whatever, that thing got canceled in 2008. If you go so far as to say "Merry Christmas," even in your own home, the liberal gunmen will shoot you dead on sight.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Tagichatn posted:

I'm waiting on Rick to give me a sign to take the vaccine.

For some reason I thought of the Rick from Pawn Stars, who I'm pretty sure is an ultra-chud.

Rick: Hey, what have you got there?

Moderna: A highly effective vaccine for Covid-19.

Rick: What are you looking to get for it?

Moderna: Absolutely nothing, completely free, you can just have it.

Rick: You know, that's just really not my wheelhouse, let me call someone who knows a bit more about this kind of stuff, they're right up the road if you can hang out for a little.

Moderna: Yeah, okay.

Director of Infectious Disease at the University Medical Center of Southern Nevada: Hey there, Rick! What are we looking at?

Rick: A vaccine for Covid-19, what can you tell me about it?

Director: Oh, yeah, this has been studied very well for efficacy and safety, anyone that can get their hands on this, should.

Rick: Alright thanks for dropping by.

Moderna: Thank you doctor.

Rick: So what were you looking to get for it again?

Moderna: Nothing, you can just have it. Just take it.

Rick: You know, I don't think this is really for me, but I'll make you an offer. The best I can do is :horsedrugs:.

*Curb Your Enthusiasm theme plays*

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I'm at the Pizza Hut.

I'm a the vaccine clinic.

I'm at the combination Pizza Hut and vaccine clinic.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/23/would-you-like-pfizer-with-that-new-zealanders-could-get-covid-jab-with-fast-food-fix

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Now that it's fall we're getting to "I'm not sick its just my sinuses" season.

"I'm not sick, just a bunch of, uh, *SNORT* sap or pollen or whatever from *SNEEZE* the trees and all this rain. My immune system is just *spits phlegm into garbage* acting up like it usually does."

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

HD DAD posted:

Soon we’re just gonna run out of Greek letters and we’ll have to name variants like hurricanes. Looking forward to dying from the Jeff variant.

"Scientists are now calling it the Kourhteinie variant because of that loving idiot in Iowa."

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

place babby in checked baggage

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

naem posted:

We haven’t NOT heard SPECIFICALLY that unicorns fly out of my rear end in a top hat TWICE on Thursday, we haven’t heard any unicorn numbers AT ALL, therefore I’M gonna drink SHEEP DIP take THAT, hard working professionals trying to protect me and my family!!!

Don't do this, patriot! You want sheep drench, not dip!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Blue Labrador posted:

I'm vaccinated, but I've been feeling down the past few days, and just got a positive on one of those over-the-counter tests, so I have 7 days holed up in my apartment to look forward to. Any recommendations for things to do from people who had to do this kind of thing?

Also, I got hit with the "can't smell things" part of it today. That comes back for most people after the virus runs its course, right?

Hit up a couple of friends and ask them to drop a book or two they've enjoyed at your door. Reading is cool, good, passes time and engages you in a way that you're not worried about what you would otherwise be doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Powered Descent posted:

We're now about two-thirds of the way through the Greek alphabet. For what names to use after it runs out, I'm dusting off a suggestion for hurricanes: use Pokemon names. Just go in order, starting with the Bulbasaur variant.

I'm gonna get the first edition Charizard variant and have my infected blood drawn, encapsulated and graded 10 by PSA and sell it for millions of dollars.