Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

pro starcraft loser posted:

I assume I'm already over the hump. Friday was fatigue and coughing and Saturday was the main attraction. Yesterday and this morning I'm feeling much, much better and the fever broke.

This is roughly how it went for me recently. The first 24-36 hours after symptoms started went just like a vaccine dose: muscle aches, chills, fatigue. Then those symptoms subsided and it turned into a sore throat and runny nose that lasted for about a week. I tested negative for the virus on day 10. All in all it wasn't too bad and was manageable with acetaminophen and pseudoephedrine (phenylepherine is fake bullshit!)

I'm really glad to have been vaccinated before catching it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

The vaccine doesn't stop you from getting or spreading COVID, it improves your chances of staying out of the hospital if you do get infected. Therefore an unvaccinated person doesn't really pose a higher risk for spreading the disease to others so much as they're at higher risk of getting very sick from others spreading the virus to them.

My dad had home care nurses come to help him and one of them told us she was unvaccinated. She explained that she was never a COVID denier and absolutely doesn't want to spread it to the elderly patients she sees, so she tests herself for it every morning and wears a mask. My mom and I thought it was odd that a healthcare professional would be vaccine skeptical, but since she was taking reasonable precautions to not spread the virus we didn't feel we had to demand a different nurse.