Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Has anyone found if this is actually real? Searches aren't turning up anything and this is just a screencap someone supposedly took off facebook. Links?

*Found it: https://www.facebook.com/ads/librar...&media_type=all

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Well I'm sure they know everyone has it already so no need to notify right? Death and disease is the status quo now.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Dude there are antivax GAMES on steam, it is a cesspool

*Not only are there antivax games there is at least one 9-11 Truther game that is still on there: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1519550/Rebellion_Gaia/

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 28, 2022

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
meanwhile, in present day, the united states of the americas...

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 31, 2022

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Looks like we not be buoyed by covid free sewage for long?

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1503571864861388802

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Apparently they might have hosed up the data:

https://twitter.com/mikescar99/status/1503577610290229252

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
wow, so you can be like "I AM THE DUNG EATER!! SPREADER OF COVID!!! :shepface:

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
maybe those people exclusively breath through their mouth because they have very bad allergies

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

The Awesomesaurus posted:

Why do I keep seeing Applebee’s mentioned as somewhere anyone would ever want to go? Is the Midwest that bleak?

It's where you go when you want to abuse workers who are already abused by the company, just one glaring example here:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/applebees-franchisee-worker-fired-leaked-email-83835976

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

cailleask posted:

I’m sure my kids WEREN’T wearing their masks properly 100% of the time, because they’re preschool and elementary aged children. But perfection mattered a lot less when every single kid in their classroom was also doing their best-effort at masking. It became way more important when 75% of their peers stopped wearing masks altogether. And, as history has shown me, it’s not reasonable to expect adult-level perfection in mask wearing out of small kids.

So… where does this leave us, exactly?

That government should have reserved covid relief funds on upgrading air filtration or even just making corsi cubes for each classroom rather than allowing it to be shoveled on cops.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
The absolute worst was the "3 foot distancing in classrooms" lol, just completely transparent bullshit cover to send kids back to school

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2021/03/experts-3-foot-rule-schools-problematic-light-covid-variants

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

McCracAttack posted:

Speaking of things that aren't going back to normal. Go check out the wait times to see a therapist in your area.

Also, check out getting a therapist covered by US insurance even before the pandemic (Hint: they probably don't cover poo poo)

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Using temporary prison labor to bury bodies: just a normal yearly outcome, nothing do with any virus specifically I assure you

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I got one of these cheap CO2 detectors, which if anything, helps you figure out how lovely the air circulation is in at any given place. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803923907353.html They have these same devices on other sites too, but this was just the cheapest one I could find.

Here's a paper on their effectiveness:

https://ncceh.ca/sites/default/files/FINAL%20-%20Using%20Indoor%20CO2%20Sensors%20for%20COVID%20MAY%2017%202021.pdf

tl;dr is that it's not a 100% assessment of the risk of any given place, but it gives you a good idea at least. Places with very high ceilings and air circulators (like home depot or other warehouse-like places) seem to have the best circulation and get like 550-650 ppm. Outside air is usually 450-550 ppm. Walmart, despite having high ceilings, has crap circulation and there are a lot of people there usually, so they have like 1050-1200ppm.

"Acceptable" quality used to be considered to be around 1000 ppm, which is probably not acceptable post-COVID for actual mitigation unless they have air filters running.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Oct 19, 2022

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Why would you send a kid to school if they were sick with anything, regardless if it's covid or not. What the hell you can't even use being sick to get out of going to school now?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Santa Claus is an asymptomatic super-spreader. He cannot die from the virus, but will continue to spread it. Forever.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
The shitwater report (https://www.mwra.com/biobot/biobotdata.htm) is showing that the current spike is the worst one ever excluding the massive Omicron spike earlier in 2022.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

McCracAttack posted:

Any time someone talks about "middle ground" in the context of COVID I get reminded of that interview with a pastor whose congregation left because they tried to find a middle ground. The people who were concerned about COVID felt unsafe with the half measures and the the ones who weren't concerned with COVID resented being forced to take any measures at all.

Makes sense, the smart ones realized that any half measures would involve everyone getting COVID from the pro-virus crowd.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
B-rock I voted but did not fix problem :( :( :(

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Why would they end telehealth coverage? That doesn't even make sense from the insurance standpoint to me.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Cowslips Warren posted:

Working on this angle honestly.

I know there's no official reports anymore, but is there any legitimate news source that's recording current spread and variations?

Yeah wastewater reports are about the best we can get right now, like the previous post and this one: https://www.mwra.com/biobot/biobotdata.htm

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Someone close to me got COVID and the doctor prescribed Lagevrio (molnupiravir). Waited an hour to go pick it up and of course pharmacies are still overworked/understaffed, so when I went to pick it up they hadn't even looked at the script yet. Just to be sure, I asked to make sure they even had the drug at all in stock, and they did not! They would need to order it and it would take greater than 5 days in which you're supposed to start this stuff after symptoms to come in.

Had to call the doctor's office back, and they had a nurse call every pharmacy in a radius and the closest one they found was about 60 miles away, so I'll be making that trip in the morning. Best healthcare in the world wooooo yeah!!

Also the doctor also mentioned that a lot more people are getting COVID right now and that whatever strain is going around has worse symptoms that he's noticed. So I guess take all that into account if you plan on getting COVID! :rolleyes:

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Doctor mentioned they were worried about kidney risk since they are on a bunch of other medications.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Platystemon posted:

If people are on medications that conflict with Paxlovid, Molnupiravir is the only other oral antiviral we have.

Remdesivir can be given daily by injection, and it has fewer drug interactions, but it’s not free of kidney concerns.

There are antivirals in trials without these problems, but they’re not moving to market with any great haste.

Yep, and to anyone who is taking other drugs or has kidney or liver issues its probably worth talking to your doc before you get sick, like on your next checkup or something, and coming up with some sort of plan in advance so your can get prescribed Paxlovid when you need it and not get stuck with the alternative. Maybe that would mean getting a kidney profile like our doc wanted, or temporarily stopping other meds.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I've found that the concentration of the Afrin-like nose sprays are pretty hardcore, for me at least, so I dilute them down to like 25% Afrin and 75% saline and that works pretty well without the intense rebound. If congestion is particularly terrible I'll use a higher concentration (like 50%) and then a lower concentration when the rebound happens to taper it off.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Its just a mild case of the Deaths, come on back to the applebees corporate office folks!

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
CDC: just the flu bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
you just gotta check for wifi devices, anyone with 5G or above got the fauci death jab

also every time you get a new shot it adds a G so we'll eventually be up to 10G and merge with the spirit realm