Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

this thing is never going away, it's just going to become seasonal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Woof Blitzer posted:

I’m still wearing my mask. gently caress em. Thug life

yeah, this. at this point i'm wearing a mask in public indefinitely. its easy, cheap, and as a healthcare worker i have a responsibility to live by example and also i was already wearing masks for twelve hours straight at work before all this happened, throwing one on to go into a store is literally so trivial a thing i do not notice.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

is long covid that gif from fyad with the super long cat

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Cowslips Warren posted:

Dudes at work saying they got the flu after getting the flu shot, and have gotten Covid after the first (and their last) vaccine, so clearly medicine doesn't work.

"Oh wow, that sucks. How high did your fever get?"

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you most definitely do not need to feel any kind of reaction for a vaccine to be effective

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

yep. getting vaxxed will give you significantly shorter illness with fewer long term effects than you'd otherwise have

the other stuff you can do is stay away from others and wear as much mask as you can get your hands on when around others (N95 ideal, droplet mask if that's all you have). If other people come into your space, give them a mask and insist they wear it while there.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

he's got a responsibility to tell the people he'll be visiting with that he's unvaccinated. if he won't, you should consider doing it instead

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

JoshGuitar posted:

Did he sanitize his plate and leave it outside for a week before eating it through a tiny hole in an SCBA? He has a moral duty to do so.

likewise, you have a moral duty to slam your genitalia in a car door

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

quote where i said that

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

giving other old people a heads-up so they can make an informed decision isn't locking grandpa in the cellar, regardless of what you're determined to read into it

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

JoshGuitar posted:

He/she (I'll just say they now to hopefully avoid offending anybody)

:goonsay:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Dick Trauma posted:

My dad said that this was the first good day he's had since my mom died. :unsmith:

you unspeakable monster

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Dick Trauma posted:

I think it's weird the amount of effort you're putting into being an rear end in a top hat about this. Pretty much everything you're assuming about my father and this situation is wrong. Everything. But I don't think that's going to stop you from pooping out more posts about how amused you are by his grief and suffering. and the creepy fantasy you've cooked up about him.

I don't know why I bothered.

dont worry, it's like how any video of a cat will have someone screaming "abuse!" regardless of content. im glad your dad had a good day

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you should still also wash your hands. this doesn't mean you get to not wash your hands

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Platystemon posted:

The intended function of cloth masks is “they look badass and make money for Etsy while providing cover for politicians”. They’re not good at respiratory protection for anyone.

not true; anything that slows or redirects your breath affects the spread of your respiratory droplets. your elbow doesn't filter poo poo either, but sneezing into it causes a dramatic reduction in the distance and distribution of the spray

cloth masks pretty demonstrably do more than not wearing a mask, and in the early days when the entire planet was sold out of surgical masks, they were a good idea. they still are, any time droplets are a concern and you don't have access to anything better.

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Apr 19, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Fuschia tude posted:

Yeah I didn't look into the science but it never seemed quite good enough to me. It's just alcohol and gel, right?

a 70/30 isopropanol/water mix evaporating fucks up the cell membranes of most living things, denaturing proteins and dissolving lipid bilayers. the organisms that can survive it, like c. diff, usually do so in a dormant, more resilient state, as spores for bacteria or unusually rugged viral particles. hand sanitizer works really goddamn well for the overwhelming majority of things you can transmit or receive by touch. it just doesnt work on everything.

handwashing, on the other hand, is physically knocking loose and washing away the stuff on your skin, including a lot of the skin cells on the top layer. you can actually get your hands to the point where you can be reasonably certain nothing alive is on them because of the ablative nature of soap+water+scrubbing, assuming you add in a small brush and a pick to get around and under your nails. thats why it works on those unusual extra-durable microbes; they don't get killed, they just get physically removed by scorched-earth destruction