Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I had 36 hours of fever like symptoms (but not an actual fever) after both Moderna shots. Sucks but whatever, at least I (probably) won't get (this strain of) COVID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Aardvark! posted:

i'm going to drive half an hour to the "good" chinese buffet here once my vaccine takes hold. I will also probably go out to eat with my best friend and his wife once they are both vaccinated. also we will probably go disc golfing. anyway i will follow the CDC's guidance in all things, it will be a long while before i'm going out all the time again :hai:

holy gently caress i want some chinese buffet. just think of those chicken skewers. imagine building a little log cabin out of egg rolls. oh baby

My wife and I were also just talking about Chinese buffets. It's probably a once a year sort of thing for us but it's been over a year at this point and we're getting antsy.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

Getting my third shot of Pfizer tomorrow. Should I expect it to hit me as hard as the second shot? Do we have any decent research on the efficacy yet?

I just got a pfizer booster yesterday after an initial moderna vax in March/April. I felt so lovely this morning I turned the thermostat from 69 to 78 and spent a few hours lying on the floor under a blanket pile over the hottest heat vent in the house. I still feel like poo poo but no longer have crazy bad chills. Meanwhile my wife's arm doesn't even hurt anymore :thumbsup:

I guess I'd say if you had a rough time with the initial vaccine prepare for a rough time with the booster. Maybe you'll get lucky, though!