Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

low key sex master posted:

Has anyone experienced double dip side effects? I got my second dose last Wednesday, Thursday was a nightmare but I've felt tip top since then. But today I've felt like I've had a low grade fever, a sore throat and my body feels fatigued. I thought it was allergies but a pill didn't seem to help me

Maybe I have something else but wanted to know if anyone else experienced this too

Yep. Got jab #2 and 4 hours later was sleepier than I had ever felt in my life. That passed after 30 hours or so. About 24 hours after that I had a massive “zero motivation/no energy” feeling that lasted about a day.

I should mention the two symptoms felt totally different and distinct. The first caused me to nod off if I stopped moving or sat down, like cartoon narcolepsy. The second was like my batteries were run down. Awake, but not at home as it were.

Through it all and still I have the lingering metallic flavor upon my tongue. It goes away if I eat but creeps back after.

I don’t care for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Just found out that yesterday a coworker has flown off to Belize for a week. This is a week after my employer started requiring us to come into the office 2 days a week in staggered shifts.

No one wears masks once they’re at their desks in an open plan seating office.

Gonna be awesome when the traveling coworker brings one of the variants directly into the office.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Fenarisk posted:

Just realize that the vast majority are over it or given up. I'm in patient facing Healthcare and nearly the whole department has vacations and events and traveling planned starting in June.

Yeah, believe me, I can tell they absolutely are. I’m wearing a p100 mask while in the office and they all smirk. But I was the weirdo anyway so I don’t care.

I resent the requirement to come in 2 days more than the rest. But the manager gots to get her numbers in her spreadsheet!

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
You all are a lot more patient than I am.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Purgatory Glory posted:

Couple weeks ago on a Monday, a coworker was off sick. Spoke to her on the phone and she had a sore throat and massive headache. Same with her husband and kid.From that day until Thursday she kept going to testing sites and testing negative until the Thursday test came back positive. If it takes that much effort to get a positive then there must be tons of people who test once and confirm they are negative and go about their life once felling semi-functional.

From last Friday I spent three days shivering uncontrollably, teeth chattering so bad it cracked off the partial crown on my molar. Fever, flop sweats, etc. Since then I’ve had constant headaches, no energy or appetite at all, been weak and shaky, dizzy. Just useless. Now I have a nagging cough as well, and think I’m getting a UTI.

Full vax and booster at the end of November, for the record.

Yet both home kits I had and a PCR on Monday have come up negative. So I dunno what the gently caress is going on. I’m so tired.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

busalover posted:

Anime Expo in LA, day 1 opening. lol

And San Diego Comic Con is in two weeks!

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Office sent out an email notification that someone has tested positive.
Email also does not mention any names, but there is only one person taking sick leave this week. :v:
Email further states that whoever it is "wore a mask" which is laughable bullshit. I am literally the only individual who wears a mask in the office now.

Hooray.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Beartaco posted:

Where do you live that you're still getting notified when you're a close contact with someone?

It's not my locale that notified me, it's my employer. I work with da gubbermint so they still pay lip service to some of the trappings of prevention.

Masks 100% optional, of course. Lol.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Had a coworker pull me aside last week and ask me if it was true that I'd never had Covid.
:dafuq:

I told him that, yes, to the best of my knowledge I've avoided it so far. I never remove my n95 when indoors and I don't go to restaurants etc etc.

This guy who is pushing 70, having retired and COME BACK TO WORK OUT OF BOREDOM, shook his head and told me he'd just had it the week before. Over Xmas and New Years. It'd laid him out for both holidays.

No he didn't test negative before returning to work.
No he wasn't wearing a mask while speaking to me, nor did he wear one before or during the infection.
Yes he spoke to me as if I was the crazy person in the room.

I'm so tired of this.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Never in my life have I had a greater sympathy with the "live in a shack in the mountains" mindset.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Like, if you had N95 nose plugs, or that little mask had some sort of adhesive to affix it around the nose I could see that working.

Assuming one had the breath discipline to only ever inhale through one's nose and exhale through the mouth.

Might be worthwhile for a dental visit?

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh there's plenty of those as well, lol

Well yeah. But I meant, like, medically approved. Ya know? If that sort of thing exists. I don't know, because I ain't a doctor.

Meanwhile, mah pop, who had some health critical surgery scheduled for next week, decided to go to Vegas to blow off some steam. Won a generous prize in a tournament and came home with a positive test. Running a fever of 100 degrees and surgery is on hold for who knows how long.
Pax is prescribed but... goddamn. I can't keep doing this thing where everyone I know just does whatever and then expects support and sympathy when they get got.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

highly doubtful
Mm yeah I sorta figured that'd be the case.

Is the lack of such a thing due to perfidy from grifting manufacturers, or is it just not possible?
I mean, yeah, like I said, part of it is contingent on the wearer maintaining utterly perfect breathing discipline. So, just from observing the average dink... no.

In any case, not gonna throw my n95s away any time soon.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
My dad got Covid in late October, got Pax, rested and recovered. He got it AGAIN in early December. This time he ended up with a bumper crop of pulmonary embolisms. Doc put him on warfarin and through Xmas he was on the mend.

I buried him this morning. The PEs never stopped coming. Yes, there were other health issues. But it was a PE that finished the job.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Thanks.

Capt Sarcastic, that is unfortunate and more than a little eerie. My dad had the same procedure for the same reasons and the second bout was contracted in the hospital during recovery.

Not to cast ill fortune on you. I sincerely hope your father has a more positive outcome.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
At the pharmacy to get my booster, mask on because I do not enter enclosed spaces with other people without one. Sitting in one of two chairs for the 15 min post wait.
Dude rocks up the counter, no mask, “hi, I’m here for a PCR Covid test.”
“Have a seat over there, we’ll be right with you.”

Fucks. Sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Kestral posted:

This is why I don't do the wait inside anymore, just gimme the jab and I'm out. I'll go sit in my car for 10-15 minutes, thank you.

Oh absolutely. I was out the door seconds later. Ironically, this was my best shot so far. No pain from the needle, no side effects or even soreness in my arm.
Probably a placebo by this point.