Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016
I've tried this a few times but always seem to burn out in the blue mountain area. Would love to see what I've missed. I always kinda wish they'd release a single player rpg set in the world since the lore is so neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Regallion posted:

it's only 2.1 zones to go through, you can manage it~

ugh, its the rest of egypt, then transylvania, then tokyo. Still it seems people are willing to watch, so i'll do it.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Mycroft Holmes posted:

ugh, its the rest of egypt, then transylvania, then tokyo. Still it seems people are willing to watch, so i'll do it.

Africa too, whatever there is of it.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Regallion posted:

Africa too, whatever there is of it.

yeah, thats getting done on my main since theres a power requirement

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Is Africa that much more difficult than Tokyo? I've only done it on characters that had been spinning their wheels in dungeons for years so I've never gone straight through but having said that, it's not as if the content changes when you swap characters.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Huh, had no idea they actually added new content for once. That's nice.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Pilchenstein posted:

Is Africa that much more difficult than Tokyo? I've only done it on characters that had been spinning their wheels in dungeons for years so I've never gone straight through but having said that, it's not as if the content changes when you swap characters.

The enemies (especially the bosses) are giant hp sponges compared to Tokyo.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Cooked Auto posted:

Huh, had no idea they actually added new content for once. That's nice.

Yeah... kind of, its not very good.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

DreadUnknown posted:

Yeah... kind of, its not very good.

That doesn't surprise me I'll be honest.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Did they add more beyond South Africa?

I thought South Africa was alright but if you play through to South Africa you're probably already a bit too fond of the Secret World already.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
As of right now it's still just South Africa busywork.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Scorched Desert 4

We're back!

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Scorched Desert 5

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Scorched Desert 6

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Scorched Desert 7

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Scorched Desert 8

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Scorched Desert 9

Here we learn the Big Terrible Picture.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Wait, we are STILL in the desert? oh no. Can't imagine how the next zone is gonna take 100000 years to clear.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Regallion posted:

Wait, we are STILL in the desert? oh no. Can't imagine how the next zone is gonna take 100000 years to clear.

:unsmigghh:

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
The desert is soooo much fun until you realize you're still there. I still hold that The Ankh is worth any pain, one of the best dungeons lore/fun wise out there.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
The best part of The Ankh is when people who haven't turned off "double tap to dodge roll" yeet themselves off the bridge :allears:

Edit: I'm lying of course, the best part is Klein :v:

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Scorched Desert 10

We're done with Scorched Desert! Until we come back for a mission. :smithicide:

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
I used to play Secret World with my brother until Scorched Desert sapped his remaining willpower and I also gave up. Can't wait to see the next area.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
City of the Sun God pt 1

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Transylvania rocks at least! It has slightly more variety. The lore of City of the Sun God is fantastically sad and beautiful in a way but it is not a high quality zone.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
City of the Sun God 2

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
City of the sun god 3

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Oh hey its the place where I lost my will to keep playing TSW.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
City of the Sun God 4

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
City of the Sun God 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Necroing the hell out of this thread, but it is quite telling that it died in the City of the Sun God. It is the shittiest (and the most depressing) part of the game and Funcom cramming the Solomon's ring DLC into the main quest didn't help any. If Mycroft finds it in him to power through this content, it gets better. Transylvania is a much better zone, than small detour into Venice and finally Tokyo which is also quite good IMO where you finally start to get some answers into WTF is going on.