Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Hey guys, check out this new Bugle Boy shirt my mom got for m.........

Guys? Why are you leaving? Did I say something funny?

I had bugle boy poo poo back then and my friends made fun of me for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
There's a kid in class with sneakers that light up in the soles when he walks around, it's so cool! I really want a pair but my dad said no :mad:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Propaganda Machine posted:

There's a kid in class with sneakers that light up in the soles when he walks around, it's so cool! I really want a pair but my dad said no :mad:

Kidnappers will use them to follow you in the dark!

dangerstepp
Apr 8, 2019
Hey, McDonald's!!!

Food, Folks, and Fun!!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
This Mentos commercial is cheesy and outdated, but I appreciate its retro ambiance and upbeat feeling. They can't possibly run it much longer, though.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Hahaha, this rich person on this TV series goes to the therapist. Loll he's mentally ill what a loser

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
BRING YOUR KID TO WORK DAY, 1992

MOM: hey hun, I'm being called into an emergency meeting, no kids allowed, so why don't you head down to the cube on the corner there.
ME: *without looking up from drawing the same picture of Donatello from TMNT over and over again on printer paper* k
MOM: the guy that works there, Greg, is really nice and he'll watch you while I'm gone
ME: k
MOM: You'll like him. He probably has even more toys than you!
ME: *looking up* ...like a Super Nintendo?
MOM: Maybe!
ME: *eyes goggling* HERE?
MOM: No, not here. This is an office. He does have an awful lot of action figures on his desk though. An almost troubling amount, actually... Listen, just head over there; I'm late already.
ME:...k
MOM: *yelling to me as I walk away* and if he touches you inappropriately, try to suppress the memory. Therapy is expensive and I don't trust that the doctors won't turn you against me!
ME: k
ME: *coming up on Greg's cube, I see it is a darkened, cavernous space plastered in a encompassing shell of cut out Dilbert, Calvin & Hobbes, and Far Side strips. That ubiquitous, crudely drawn picture of a frog strangling the pelican that is eating it is pinned up next to a collection of Transformers toys* Oh dang, I can tell this guy is cool.
GREG: *From deep in the cubicle, voice partially drowned out by inexplicable jungle noises* Enter child.
ME: All your comic strips are neat. Do you have any Cathy's?
GREG: I've seen Cathy's you would never believe. They are etched upon my very soul... or what is left of it.
ME:... Cathy says "Ack!" a lot.
GREG: ...I would like to take you home so you can see my fourteen Iguanas and collection of Australia stuff, which we're all still currently into for some reason.
ME: *absentmindedly shooting self in the head with a NERF gun* k

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Well!! Now that the Soviet Union is dead, we'll never have to worry about nuclear war with Russia anymore!!
Yup, Russia will now just become a corrupt, western style democracy rather than a corrupt communist dictatorship.
No more threats of nuclear war, the entire world can now breathe EASY!

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

wesleywillis posted:

Well!! Now that the Soviet Union is dead, we'll never have to worry about nuclear war with Russia anymore!!
Yup, Russia will now just become a corrupt, western style democracy rather than a corrupt communist dictatorship.
No more threats of nuclear war, the entire world can now breathe EASY!

Now you can get a Boom Box like the Americans.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

HORNEY VAPE BRO posted:

Hey guys I just figured out how to embed images!
[IMG]http://www.dragonballfanz.net/goku2.jpg[I/MG]

Can everyone see that? It's supposed to be Goku fighting Vageta.

I can't wait to see Goku fight Jayce and Burtur! Surely this time...

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The Moon Monster posted:

My buddy said in Japan they go way further and Goku says "gently caress you Frieza" and gives the middle finger. I guess they censor some stuff when it gets over here.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
A thousand points of light. Stay the course. At this juncture.

TheAwfulWaffle
Jun 30, 2013

Mirage posted:

A thousand points of light. Stay the course. At this juncture.

"Wouldn't be prudent."

Heh. Dana Carvey's a riot.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

The Moon Monster posted:

He fought them this time! We'll actually get to see him fight Frieza!

*Restarts during Captain Ginyu fight*

Are you serious?!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Can’t wait to get to the Gap and pick up a new pair of Bugle Boys

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

oldpainless posted:

new pair of Bugle Boys

*pull car up slow, rolls down window*

Hey!

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, I have capitalist jeans for sale. 10000000 ruoubles. You can make scarf out it.

Padical
Nov 29, 2004
*tucks black t-shirt into jeans*
*wears unbuttoned button-up short-sleeved shirt over the t-shirt*
*uses lots of hair spray and claims to want to go to film school*
*is cool*

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Gets baked at lunch time, goes back to highschool.

Teacher says "you smell like weed".

Swears up and down "Its just my hair spray"!!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
*Cries, shits self*

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

*spends all day every day pretending british knights are just as cool as any nikes except maybe jordans*

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

wesleywillis posted:

Hey guys, check out this new Bugle Boy shirt my mom got for m.........

Guys? Why are you leaving? Did I say something funny?

I had bugle boy poo poo back then and my friends made fun of me for it.

There were very few brands that kids in my school made fun of people for wearing and Bugle Boy was one of them. I think Jordache was the other one.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

These Reebok high tops will never got out of style

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Yes, I would like those fries supersized.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Yeah, I'll take a quarter-pounder with cheese with a small coke.

*gets an actual small cup*

I'll take one with a medium coke

*gets a cup that is considered small now*

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Gas is 1.02 a gallon? Jesus Christ how am I supposed to afford to fill my Chevy Suburban?

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

TheAwfulWaffle posted:

Heh. Dana Carvey's a riot.
NOT!!!

The Saxecutioner
Mar 4, 2010

A nimble little mouse!
The 90's, the decade where I stole and burned every single embarrassing photo of myself to eliminate all evidence of what I looked like and the goofy poo poo I wore back then.

I am so loving glad I did not come up in the day and age of digital cameras. Orange hair, wife beater, Jamiroquia hat is no way to go through life son.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

The Saxecutioner posted:

The 90's, the decade where I stole and burned every single embarrassing photo of myself to eliminate all evidence of what I looked like and the goofy poo poo I wore back then.

Yeah, there's pretty much no photographic proof that I existed between the years of 1997 and like 2003

Lots of angsty diary entries and quasi-emo poetry though

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Time to fire up the new Sugar Ray CD on my Walkman and enjoy a can of Surge

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Wow, how'd this "Let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel" song get on the radio? It's all about loving! Just listen to it!

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
On the other hand, I live in a country where Frank Zappa's "Bobby Brown Goes Down" was a #1 hit back in 1979. If you're not familiar with that I'm sure you can find the lyrics somewhere on the Frank Zappa webring.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Hahaha!!! All this sowing rocks!! gently caress yeah!! Yes!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'm reading this Bill Gates book, "The Road Ahead". Some wild stuff. I can't believe the internet will be so widespread. Like are people really going to have their Computer Aides go on the net and haggle for prices about a car or something?

It's weird enough that people go online dating. Like are you gonna tell people you met online on AOL Keyword Singles?

I mean, I guess we'll find new things to do with the internet. Not like everyone will be posting to forums or groups in 20 years.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

I can't believe the Soviet Union collapsed it's going to be weird not having them as the stock villains for everything. Oh well, it was really unrealistic portraying Russia as willing to just invade other countries for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

Yeah, there's pretty much no photographic proof that I existed between the years of 1997 and like 2003

I wish this was true for me but every family gathering had my mom and aunts wandering around like the paparazzi constantly taking pictures and videos. To the point you had to yell at them to put the god drat camera down and actually ENJOY the gathering.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Time_pants posted:

I can't believe the Soviet Union collapsed it's going to be weird not having them as the stock villains for everything. Oh well, it was really unrealistic portraying Russia as willing to just invade other countries for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Yeah, history is over. With the Cold War over and “neo-liberal” centrist leaders like Clinton and Tony Blair in power around the world, we’ve reached an unbreakable consensus: technological advances (check out Windows 95, holy poo poo!) and cautious progress will eventually eliminate poverty and inequality, leading to a new golden age of peace and prosperity. Capitalism works!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

limp_cheese posted:

I wish this was true for me but every family gathering had my mom and aunts wandering around like the paparazzi constantly taking pictures and videos. To the point you had to yell at them to put the god drat camera down and actually ENJOY the gathering.

I totally get what you're saying, but I still wish I had at least a couple of pictures out there of me in baggy D-Generation X shirts & JNCOs

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

YeahTubaMike posted:

I totally get what you're saying, but I still wish I had at least a couple of pictures out there of me in baggy D-Generation X shirts & JNCOs

:fb: I sort of wish I had at least one photo of child me in my Wolfpac Sting tee, but I recall it being oddly thick and itchy so I didn't wear it often

even so, though, IT'S STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING so it's automatically awesome :wcw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Ugh, you only have the green ketchup? The purple ketchup is a lot better.