Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Valko posted:

I only got two tins of 'dines out of that six-pack. It cost 80 euros to buy in the shop they got if from and by the time customs and tax were added it cost them 130. I got the lemon and pimento and they gave me a tin of smoked eel fillets too. I want to save them for a special occassion but they won't keep forever. Got a birthday in a few months, maybe then.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Brexit might explain the 50E customs and tax but it doesn't explain the original 80E price tag.

Things aren't much better back home. You go out to buy a jar of milk, bunch of bananas and a loaf and you don't get much change back from £10. And people wonder why ancient diseases like scurvy and rickets are on the rise here...

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Lmao your parents got done

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
i made a quiche without a crust (which is more of a custard than a frittata is okay?) with goat cheese, tomatoes, spinach feta sausage, and a lot of butter and dill

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
pork burrito bowls. made mexican rice with corn earlier + a pork shoulder this afternoon cooked in Chipotles in adobo and onions. blended the sauce with cilantro stems. served with cilantro and sour cream

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

a whole rear end chicken

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

a whole rear end chicken

grocery store rotisserie or?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Nah, just whole raw chicken with herbs and such cooked in the countertop convection oven

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Boneless spicy garlic, goldfinger, spicy bbq, 911 and fire in the hole wings with pizza then a chalupa supreme add nacho cheese and extra beef and ranch cheesy gordita crunch with diablo sauce, bourbon, tequila, and coke.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Gatts posted:

7:30pm - Boneless spicy garlic, goldfinger, spicy bbq, 911 and fire in the hole wings
7:35 - cigarette
7:47 - cocaine
7:56 - cocaine
8:12 - heineken, pizza
8:30 - bourbon
8:45 - cocaine
8:52 - more ice in the bourbon
9:12 - chalupa supreme add nacho cheese and extra beef and ranch
9:24 - more heineken
9:27- orange juice
9:30 - grass to take the edge off
9:55 - cheesy gordita crunch with diablo sauce
10:10 - more bourbon, tequila, and coke.
10:46 - drops first acid
10:51 - Gatts is ready to post

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Hahahaha yes.

riptidejim
Mar 11, 2024

Have a good night!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

a whole rear end chicken

certainly better than a whole chicken rear end

also i had reheated dominos

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
Had some nice weather, so I grilled chicken legs with Head Country barbecue sauce to go with baked potatoes and sautéed yellow squash. Was good.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Chicken sandwich with ketchup, mayo and gem lettuce.

Chocolate pudding cup with pomegranite and orange granola mixed in.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

AARD VARKMAN posted:

pork burrito bowls. made mexican rice with corn earlier + a pork shoulder this afternoon cooked in Chipotles in adobo and onions. blended the sauce with cilantro stems. served with cilantro and sour cream

this but i made them actual burritos with refried black beans + cheese + pico served WET (con queso y salsa) + freshly made cilantro Serrano salsa + sour cream

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Last night I went to my favorite pizza delivery place and if you save 10 coupons that you get from each delivery then you can get a free 12" cheese pizza. Well after 10 years I have collected about 50 coupons so I brought 10 in last night and added pepperoni so I payed $1.75 or something around there for this.

edit: Penny posing with them a few months ago

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
That's one good looking 'za.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mordja posted:

That's one good looking 'za.

I thought it was a 9" but I checked the coupon and it was a 12"! My friend ate a third, I ate a third, and then I ate the rest at like midnight. It's very good leftover pizza.

The pizza place philosophy appears to be how much cheese they can fit on a little bit of dough and I love it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Oyster gratin

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

an absolutely killer breakfast sandwich. Toasted brioche bun, a spread for said bun made of just a little mayo and some honey bbq sauce. fried chicken patty (aldi red bag crew), a slice of melted cheddar, a couple strips of thick cut, peppered bacon, a nice crispy hash brown, and a fried egg. it was unbelievably good. everything was aldi store brand, and i cant recommend this combo enough. one of the best breakfast sandwiches ive ever had, if not the best.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I had a pork tenderloin in my freezer for a year so I took it out and made it. It was a pre-marinated (honey teriyaki I think?) one I got for cheap on sale probably. I'm gonna make corned beef and cabbage soon so I have some red potatoes ready to go that I need to use. I threw them in a pan and put them in my toaster oven for a while and tossed them in olive oil and some seasonings. put the pork in my regular oven, and then made some old frozen steamable vegetables and just threw some teriyaki sauce, dijon mustard, and minced garlic in a tupperware thing and it all ended up turning out great. :)

This was using the "food" setting on my 5 year old phone.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Last night I went to my favorite pizza delivery place and if you save 10 coupons that you get from each delivery then you can get a free 12" cheese pizza. Well after 10 years I have collected about 50 coupons so I brought 10 in last night and added pepperoni so I payed $1.75 or something around there for this.

You can't get pizza like that here but it was Wednesday 2 for 1 deal so my sister and I got this:

Left: Chicken, pepperoni, onions, black pepper and chilli sauce.

Right: Pepperoni, jalapenos and chilli sauce.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme

Valko posted:

You can't get pizza like that here but it was Wednesday 2 for 1 deal so my sister and I got this:

Left: Chicken, pepperoni, onions, black pepper and chilli sauce.

Right: Pepperoni, jalapenos and chilli sauce.

I'm so confused by these pizzas.

The chili sauce looks like a condiment lightly sprinkled on top. Is it just toppings on baked bread without marinara sauce or cheese?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Tomato sauce first, then cheese. Then toppings and chilli sauce on top. Then it goes through the oven. No pizzeria here yet has come up with the idea of putting cheese on top of the toppings for whatever reason. There was an Indian takeaway in town that added the cheese last and were sensible with the amount of toppings. They did a great chicken tikka masala pizza with tikka sauce instead of marinara. I miss that place.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I like the combo of peperoni, jalapenos, pineapples, then a shitload of vinegary hot sauce on top,

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I can't get enough of the combo of tomato sauce + vinegary hot sauce in general. I go through so much franks but it makes cheap sauce so edible :cloudnine:

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dinner again tonight, that same breakfast sammy i made yesterday, since i still have more of the stuff to use up. just as good again today as it was yesterday.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I can't get enough of the combo of tomato sauce + vinegary hot sauce in general. I go through so much franks but it makes cheap sauce so edible :cloudnine:

Can’t have any kind of pepperoni without Tapatio for me

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
On cheap frozen pizza I use Franks or Crystal or another Louisiana style hot sauce. The ones that (used to) cost like $1.49 a bottle.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

meated some elk loaf onto some bread

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Some what now?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Valko posted:

No pizzeria here yet has come up with the idea of putting cheese on top of the toppings for whatever reason.

Probably because it's a bad idea. It sounds good until you try it and realise that there's a very good reason everyone does it the other way around, which is that the cheese underneath the other toppings stays in place and anchors the rest rather than sliding right off the top and dragging a bunch of other stuff with it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Made a cooks country shrimp andouille pasta. Was pretty good and easy.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Valko posted:

Tomato sauce first, then cheese. Then toppings and chilli sauce on top. Then it goes through the oven. No pizzeria here yet has come up with the idea of putting cheese on top of the toppings for whatever reason. There was an Indian takeaway in town that added the cheese last and were sensible with the amount of toppings. They did a great chicken tikka masala pizza with tikka sauce instead of marinara. I miss that place.

Okay, I see. The cheese and sauce eluded my eyes. Sounds like some great pizza.

I've never had Indian pizza, but I would definitely try it. I already use naan to scoop the curry in my mouth anyway, it isn't that far of a stretch.

All this pizza talk had me really wanting to order something, but I ordered pizza last weekend as a treat and it was a little pricey. One medium and one small pizza, plus a brownie, was $47 for delivery after tip. That seems normal now, but I think it was at least ten bucks cheaper prior to COVID.

I had to use up the veggies in my fridge before they spoiled anyway, so it was Chinese stir fry for me, which has been my go-to dinner for like 2 months now.

Purple sweet potato, carrots, broccoli, tofu, peanuts, sesame seeds, with vegan oyster sauce and soy sauce mixed on top.

Ulillinguist fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 16, 2024

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
I randomly bought a bento box at target a week ago. I’ve been trying to cook for dinner and to put the box together for lunch at work the next day. Here’s how tonight went. It’s a fun way to do meal prep and I’d recommend grabbing one.

Clockwise from the top left; rice with these little Szechuan hot dogs I find at the Asian market and a fried egg, kimchi, shiitake tofu and peanuts cooked with chili oil, and some mandu with stir fried vegetables (cabbage, carrot, green onion, chives, bamboo)

Lt. Cock fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Mar 16, 2024

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Lt. Cock posted:

I randomly bought a bento box at target a week ago. I’ve been trying to cook for dinner and to put the box together for lunch at work the next day. Here’s how tonight went. It’s a fun way to do meal prep and I’d recommend grabbing one.

That's a great idea, it looks like it's got a bit of everything.

I should definitely get into meal prepping again, such a time and money saver.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Lt. Cock posted:

Clockwise from the top left; rice with these little Szechuan hot dogs I find at the Asian market and a fried egg, kimchi, shiitake tofu and peanuts cooked with chili oil, and some mandu with stir fried vegetables (cabbage, carrot, green onion, chives, bamboo)

that looks great! asian food owns. have you discovered the wonder of black vinegar?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Tiggum posted:

Probably because it's a bad idea. It sounds good until you try it and realise that there's a very good reason everyone does it the other way around, which is that the cheese underneath the other toppings stays in place and anchors the rest rather than sliding right off the top and dragging a bunch of other stuff with it.

It depends on the size and amount of toppings. When I seen them make the tikka masala pizza the pieces of chicken used weren't much bigger than peanuts - about 5 max per slice on a 12 inch.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Aishlinn posted:

that looks great! asian food owns. have you discovered the wonder of black vinegar?

Oh yeah, you have no idea how deep I’m in. Pittsburgh has so many amazing Asian markets and I love making everything from scratch. Black vinegar goes into the chili oil I make at the very end with some soy sauce and sesame oil.

Also thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Lt. Cock posted:

Oh yeah, you have no idea how deep I’m in. Pittsburgh has so many amazing Asian markets and I love making everything from scratch. Black vinegar goes into the chili oil I make at the very end with some soy sauce and sesame oil.

Also thank you!

hell yeah, of course my dude. i go through a lot of chili oil and black vinegar too. i love me some fried rice, usually with entirely too much chili oil. my nose running just means i made it right.

I know its not as nice as making the real thing but

These suckers from aldi are real, real good. i usually do them steamed instead of fried, i like soft dumplings instead of crispy ones. but the filling is very tasty. i usually dip them in a sauce i throw together, black vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, a few drops of fish sauce, lots of chili oil, and some garlic and ginger. they practically dont need sauce but i like making a nice spicy dip.