Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Scars are tattoos with better stories.
We had a friend come over and cook us his best Japanese foods.

Pan fried gyoza
yellowtail collar
Tofu udon with shitake and red pepper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

a sexual elk posted:

Some what now?

lol

better watch the gently caress out

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Tiggum posted:

Probably because it's a bad idea. It sounds good until you try it and realise that there's a very good reason everyone does it the other way around, which is that the cheese underneath the other toppings stays in place and anchors the rest rather than sliding right off the top and dragging a bunch of other stuff with it.

The local pizzeria always seems to put the peperonis under the cheese, it's weird but it's always worked fine.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Tiggum posted:

Probably because it's a bad idea. It sounds good until you try it and realise that there's a very good reason everyone does it the other way around, which is that the cheese underneath the other toppings stays in place and anchors the rest rather than sliding right off the top and dragging a bunch of other stuff with it.

Nah. Tons and tons of places do it. It's fine.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

His Divine Shadow posted:

The local pizzeria always seems to put the peperonis under the cheese, it's weird but it's always worked fine.

Some veggies can work like that, but stuff like pepperoni, mushrooms, just don't work being steamed under the cheese. Gotta crisp them up a bit.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
The peperonis always are crisp though, they probably get like deeep fried in fat from the cheese

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme

oxyrosis posted:

We had a friend come over and cook us his best Japanese foods.

Pan fried gyoza
yellowtail collar
Tofu udon with shitake and red pepper

This looks amazing! What a feast.

Heaven is other people cooking homemade dinners from scratch.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

PPP from this place called Saucy Mommas

drk
Jan 16, 2005
i made some wild salmon green curry with fresh spinach, very tasty

recipe here: https://theviewfromgreatisland.com/salmon-coconut-curry-recipe/comment-page-1/

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Tiggum posted:

why not both?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

a sexual elk posted:

PPP from this place called Saucy Mommas

:smith:

I see no sauce.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
yellowtail collar daaaamn. I dont think I could get thjat here in America's Heartland

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Braved the mandoline to scallop some potatoes. Only like an hour until they're done :sweatdrop: will eat it with the last of the pulled pork

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

a baffling pizza from aldi. stuffed crust, pepperoni, parmesan and cracked pepper. It...wasn't -bad- but it wasnt good either. the peppercorns just felt so out of place. i like pepper and all, but it just doesnt belong in that quantity on a pizza. i couldnt say "I outright hate this!" but every bite i had to think to myself "Am i getting used to the taste? Nope. Better try another slice."

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Tuna Helper.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Did light sauce cause my gut doesn’t handle tomato well

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

seeing as its st. patricks day, i'm having the most irish of cuisine...chicken fried rice and bbq ribs from the local chinese place. making sketti later this week, very excited for that.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Scars are tattoos with better stories.

Aishlinn posted:

seeing as its st. patricks day, i'm having the most irish of cuisine...chicken fried rice and bbq ribs from the local chinese place. making sketti later this week, very excited for that.

Me too! Caulifower Pie in 3 containers with 3 toppings,

Black pepper and salt
Tajin!
NOTHING

The garlic flavor is really coming through in this dish (dehydrated garlic is miraculous if used properly) IT should really keep The Draculas away tonight.

oxyrosis fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Mar 18, 2024

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Lasagna

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
A bit late but I finally threw the stuff in the slow cooker for corned beef and cabbage. I bought everything last week on sale.

It'll be done in maybe 6 hours or so.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

A bit late but I finally threw the stuff in the slow cooker for corned beef and cabbage. I bought everything last week on sale.

It'll be done in maybe 6 hours or so.

I made mine last night. corned beef, cabbage, red potatoes and carrots. Took about an hour for everything using the instapot, though I cooked each thing separately.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I made mine last night. corned beef, cabbage, red potatoes and carrots. Took about an hour for everything using the instapot, though I cooked each thing separately.

Same ingredients. I was going to do it in stages but just got lazy so I threw everything but the cabbage in. I'll add that 1-2 hours before it's ready.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Pan fried cumin tofu

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm making an attempt at soda bread. I do it every 2-3 years or so. I hope it works.

Sorry about the weird lighting.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Aishlinn posted:

a baffling pizza from aldi. stuffed crust, pepperoni, parmesan and cracked pepper. It...wasn't -bad- but it wasnt good either. the peppercorns just felt so out of place. i like pepper and all, but it just doesnt belong in that quantity on a pizza. i couldnt say "I outright hate this!" but every bite i had to think to myself "Am i getting used to the taste? Nope. Better try another slice."

I had this exact same pizza and yeah it's FINE bordering on bad. Aldi likes to roll the dice on cheap frozen pizzas and I appreciate that, even if I don't always enjoy them.

Those Aldi bagel bites tho. I gently caress those up with some ranch and hot sauce like a garbage person any time I'm feeling lazy.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Doesn't look too bad. Feels dense but a little hollow. I'll find out later. I still have to deal with the slow cooker poo poo.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Oh poo poo it turned out and I cleaned up! The only liquid I added to the corned beef and cabbage was two beers. I had to drain a bit too. I could make a soup with the leftovers.

edit: I'm actually used to the point cut of corned beef I guess. The kind like pot roast that falls apart due to the fat content. This was a flat cut. It did require a knife but only to slice it. It was pretty drat good. either way, I'm happy with the outcome :peanut:

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 20, 2024

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Looks great Penny, I love soda bread I should make some.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I'm making an attempt at soda bread. I do it every 2-3 years or so. I hope it works.

Sorry about the weird lighting.

I can cook anything, but any kind of baking becomes science fiction

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Oh poo poo it turned out and I cleaned up!

:peanut:

That home baked bread looks so wholesome and good! Good job

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

a sexual elk posted:

I can cook anything, but any kind of baking becomes science fiction

It's super simple which is why it's one of the only things I've basically ever baked.

I used:

2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup of milk that I soured myself because wtf am I going to do with a bunch of buttermilk. So I added 1 tbsp of white vinegar to it and let it sit for 10 minutes.

Mix all together, put on some parchment paper and make a round shape, cut an X in the top, and bake for 30-40 minutes at 375. I'm surprised it turned out as well as it did.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Fish sticks and tater tots.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Oh poo poo it turned out and I cleaned up! The only liquid I added to the corned beef and cabbage was two beers. I had to drain a bit too. I could make a soup with the leftovers.

edit: I'm actually used to the point cut of corned beef I guess. The kind like pot roast that falls apart due to the fat content. This was a flat cut. It did require a knife but only to slice it. It was pretty drat good. either way, I'm happy with the outcome :peanut:

Looks great! I hope you’re making hash tomorrow with the leftovers :getin:

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

i made pizza for the first time in like a month

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

i made pizza for the first time in like a month

What do you use for crust?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Pasta Aglio e Olio with a little Mozz mixed in

Was gonna grill some chicken to throw in it but got lazy

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ulillinguist posted:

Pizza crust.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
spicy beans and rice with half an avocado

cost less than $2 for a big plate and nearly zero effort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Ulillinguist posted:

i make two 16" pizzas instead of splitting it into 4 balls tho. i think getting the stone and oven to the right temperature is ultimately more important than what dough recipe you use, but this is my favorite of the ones I've tried