Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Now I'm making a pork tenderloin from Aldi that I had bought and frozen, baked potato, and frozen brussel sprouts.

I'm trying to at least make food from home more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

pinging Solefald. attention Solefald. gbs is discussing a spoons topic

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The pic looks bad but it was pretty good. I've never had an Aldi pork tenderloin before and there was a lot of fat on it surprisingly. It looks raw but I took it out of the oven at like 142F (at the coldest spot) so it was definitely done by time I cut it.

It wasn't the best cut so I think I want to chop it all up and make this stroganoff tonight.

https://www.chocolateslopes.com/easy-skillet-pork-stroganoff/

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 5, 2024

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

cumpantry posted:

pinging Solefald. attention Solefald. gbs is discussing a spoons topic

Post pics in one of the deadest subs on these dying forums?

In no particular order;

The idea here was to let the juices from the bacon drip onto the potatoes.

Sunday

These were great. Batter thin as newspaper but cracked like a crispy baguette when you tore them apart. Chicken still juicy on the inside but not greasy.

Cleaning out the fridge: Noodles boiled along with broccoli, peas and the last of a chickpea and sausage stew + fried egg.

Been watching a lot of Spain on a Fork. I changed the chickpea meatball recipe by adding potato and flour instead of breadcrumbs. I air fried some and pan fried what didn't fit.

Swimming in tomato sauce with garlic paprika and a pinch of cinnamon.

I also used SoaF's creamy mushroom pasta recipe to go along with it. I added bacon :cheeky:

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
made a savory dutch baby with spinach feta chicken sausage and (too much) mozzarella. roasted some vegetables.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Chicken & waffle burger

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
God drat, a lot of good recent entries.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

made a savory dutch baby with spinach feta chicken sausage and (too much) mozzarella. roasted some vegetables.

goddamn bro

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I started getting tired and was going to abandon it but I have ground beef I have to use tomorrow so if I didn't use this leftover pork it might go bad.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The pic looks bad but it was pretty good. I've never had an Aldi pork tenderloin before and there was a lot of fat on it surprisingly. It looks raw but I took it out of the oven at like 142F (at the coldest spot) so it was definitely done by time I cut it.

It wasn't the best cut so I think I want to chop it all up and make this stroganoff tonight.

https://www.chocolateslopes.com/easy-skillet-pork-stroganoff/

I did it! And I'm eating by 11pm! I used a couple of recipes and didn't measure everything but mostly used this one.

https://cookingupmemories.com/leftover-pork-tenderloin-stroganoff/

When I was almost done before I added the noodles I tasted it and it was.... bad.... very lemony because of the marinade on the pork and almost no flavor besides that so I threw more poo poo in. More smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, etc. I didn't add any salt because I thought the pork was salty enough and the chicken stock but I definitely did need to add more. It didn't start tasting good until it was sitting in the pan for a while and now in my bowl!

Yeah, I'm no Gambit.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Apr 6, 2024

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Needs more sour cream, like is this to much? Then add more

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

a sexual elk posted:

Needs more sour cream, like is this to much? Then add more

Yeah I think I'm just gonna throw a dollop on top when I have some tonight. I love sour cream but I almost never buy it. I got 16oz a couple of days ago and was only planning on using it for tacos (probably 2-3 days from now) but that's like... a lot of sour cream. I should have been more liberal with it. I forgot how long that stuff lasts.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

All-you-can eat Korean BBQ. So much meat.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Kinda lazy today so just pan seared some bone-in chicken thighs then finished em in the oven atop carrots and quartered Brussels sprouts

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

where is the pic

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

too much damned cheese. i need to start lifting again.

Yeah, I'm no Gambit.

i just take colorful photos lol. that poo poo looks good.

i didn't feel like cooking two nights in a row and my spouse is rundown as hell so i grabbed takeout. quesabirria tacos for me and they got sopa de pollo in a lovely plastic tub

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Made palak paneer with rice and some garlic naan.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Ate some more of the lunch pizza I made.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
i found a can of escargot in my cupboard and i dunno where it came from but the date on it was yesterday so i ate the entire can myself because my wife didn't trust it

i don't know if i feel sick because

1. it's old
2. it's canned (gross)
3. i ate a lot of it

i think it's just in my head but I'll update if i start puking. also i soaked up the rest of the garlic butter with a hamburger bun just to make my dead french ancestors even more pissed off

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

last night: gruesomely delicious pork meatball subs. spouse made the meatballs. Rao's marinara sauce. provolone slices.

tonight: shrimp and veggies in szechuan sauce over rice noodles

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Everyone has the gunk so it was a soup and grilled cheese night.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

A whole rear end chicken. 5 pounder

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

More of a snack than dinner, really. Fancy beans on toast with omelette

I've noticed that a can of Heinz costs £1.40. About the same price as a can of organic haricot without the sauce. I can find a 4 pack of Baxters baked beans for £2.99. I could buy the 4 pack and just wash the sauce off them but that still feels like wasting food. I'd rather be euthanizing sick puppies than doing that. Even if the 'food' I'm wasting is salt, water and something that might have been a tomato ten lifeforms ago.

It's a bit of a dilemma.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I wanted to use Heinz for beans on toast but it's about $4-5 here. And most "British" sections I've seen in grocery stores on shelves, if they even have one which is rare, is about 3 feet wide.

I am a fan of beans on toast though. With eggs is even better.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I actually thought Heinz was American? Maybe just a worldwide company with regional specialties.

I prefer to buy dried beans and bake them myself but they are impossible to find. Last time I found a bag of dried cannellini I made this:

It had cloves, garlic, honey, bacon, onion, thyme, bay leaf, paprika, dried chilli and tomato.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The blue(ish) can of Heinz baked beans isn't sold in the US. :(

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Mom made zuppa toscana and I made some fuckasha (sp?) bread.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

bird with big dick posted:

Mom made zuppa toscana and I made some fuckasha (sp?) bread.

You spelled it right.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I suspected so

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

this again but i made some red sauce today

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Scars are tattoos with better stories.
Have you ever made a dinner where everything just went wrong? I overcooked the jalapenos, added too much oil, and if I wasn't careful I was going to burn the tofu as well.

I don't want to talk about the rice I messed up in the pressure cooker, okay?

Somehow, I saved it all though and really invented something nice. I wasn't proud of it so I didn't take any photographs but just imagine if you will:

--
Pan fried tofu with cauliflower and jalapeno, dry rubbed and seasoned with bits of garlic and mushroom powder. On top of rice. Lightly drizzled with Chinese chili oil.

oxyrosis fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 11, 2024

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

one of my new favorite easy dinners. chicken wraps. i get a bagged salad, usually a caesar salad kit, first day, 2 wraps, half the lettuce, + the cheese and dressing, with a few chicken strips in each wrap. day 2, the other half of the lettuce, and bbq sauce instead. then just a bunch of carrot sticks as an easy side. i'm all about easy meals these days.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Did a laksa

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Aishlinn posted:

one of my new favorite easy dinners. chicken wraps. i get a bagged salad, usually a caesar salad kit, first day, 2 wraps, half the lettuce, + the cheese and dressing, with a few chicken strips in each wrap. day 2, the other half of the lettuce, and bbq sauce instead. then just a bunch of carrot sticks as an easy side. i'm all about easy meals these days.

Ooo that's a good idea. I get those bagged salads all the time but usually just the American Blend because they're 2 for $5 all the time.

I created this lovely dish years ago for weight loss/protein bomb. It looks absolutely awful but I like all of the ingredients so I have it from time to time. In fact I have 2 bags of salad in my fridge that was supposed to use for this but haven't yet because I'm lazy.

Half a bag of salad
Light balsamic vinaigrette
1 pouch of tuna, usually lemon pepper
1/2-1 cup of cottage cheese
Seasoned salt

It is not very photogenic.

The plan is tacos tonight. American style.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Ooo that's a good idea. I get those bagged salads all the time but usually just the American Blend because they're 2 for $5 all the time.

I created this lovely dish years ago for weight loss/protein bomb. It looks absolutely awful but I like all of the ingredients so I have it from time to time. In fact I have 2 bags of salad in my fridge that was supposed to use for this but haven't yet because I'm lazy.

Half a bag of salad
Light balsamic vinaigrette
1 pouch of tuna, usually lemon pepper
1/2-1 cup of cottage cheese
Seasoned salt

It is not very photogenic.

The plan is tacos tonight. American style.

something about throwing the chicken caesar into a tortilla makes it so much more enjoyable

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

made an individual blueberry Dutch baby for the kid

and a big savory one like last week for us. same ingredients but one more chopped up sausage link and less mozzarella. way better.

the other night we had noble BLTs

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

corn chips

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Leftover roast chx boobs from last night turned into fajitas. Kept it simple. Just cooked up some onion and red pepper with cumin and other seasonings, tossed the chicken in with a bit of stock, then burritoed everything up with sour cream and cilantro. Think it was like 4bux in grocery run

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I went to my mom's last night and my nephew made beer brats. He used Johnsonville Leinenkugel Summer Shandy (Wisconsin beer) brats and they were good. My sister made my favorite Italian pasta salad (not sure if this is a local thing or not but all the delis around here sell it, edit: googling it shows me that it's very much not local and is popular) and elote without cilantro for me because I have the dreaded gene. :smith:

He told me to pick up a pie at Costco and they only had 2 kinds available so I picked up a giant rear end 4.5lb chocolate peanut butter pie.

Finnegan did not get any pie.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
But did Finnegan get any brats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm sure my mom gave him a little piece. My nephew also made hamburgers and 1/4lb Kirkland Hot Dogs.