Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

On Friday we had pizza.

Tonight, we had pizza.

Tomorrow, as I do every Monday, I will make a pizza.

I have no problem with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have so many leftovers. I hate throwing away poo poo but since I stopped drinking I'm just not very hungry.

Tonight I'll at least have the leftover half of my breakfast; veggie omelette and hashbrowns. I have 3 deviled from last night that I'll probably have too.

I like egg.

I have hot dogs, brats, hamburgers, and more pasta salad and elote from yesterday too.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Got a lazy instant pot of beef stroganoff getting close to the finish line. Never done it with the noodles in the pot, wish me luck!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Spaghetti with Italian sausage and frozen spinach. Sauce was cheapest store brand sauce with fresh garlic and lots of dried Italian seasoning added. Delish and super cheap

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Roundup Ready posted:

Got a lazy instant pot of beef stroganoff getting close to the finish line. Never done it with the noodles in the pot, wish me luck!

I’d have a hard time trusting the instant pot to get the noodles al dente. Don’t want mush or crunch.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
leftover chicken stir fry

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

chorizo n scrambled eggs

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Haha breakfast was some quick/lazy chorizo fried eggs

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

it's always a good choice. looks great. mine doesn't look great.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

When is Chorizo pretty tho, worse it looks better it tastes

Pork?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

point taken and yeah. I've never had another animal chorizoed

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

I’ve seen beef but never touched the stuff

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

you know, I've never noticed it but I'd try it

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Scars are tattoos with better stories.
Chinese ""lamb"" made from mushrooms (and bit of egg apparently?) with cauliflower, onion, ginger, and celery in seasoned vinegar and black pepper on rice. Topped with chili oil, sesame seeds, and green onion.

oxyrosis fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Apr 16, 2024

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

oxyrosis posted:

Chinese ""lamb"" made from mushrooms (and bit of egg apparently?) with cauliflower, onion, ginger, and celery in seasoned vinegar and black pepper on rice. Topped with chili oil, sesame seeds, and green onion.

Between you and NLJP, Gambit is getting some fierce competition.

Swedish style venison meatballs.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

you know, I've never noticed it but I'd try it

Gonna push my local SoCal place to have a Chorizo option. I usually order pepperoni, pineapple, pepperoncini. Replace pepperoni with Chorizo sounds pretty solid swap

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

These are the regulars in most grocery stores in the LA area (loving wish Louisiana had a different call sign than Los Angeles)

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Apr 16, 2024

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

a sexual elk posted:

These are the regulars in most grocery stores in the LA area

Seek out Cacique. In fact, seek out the soyrizo variant as I find it to be a better texture and even flavor to pig guts. It's all over LA, usually in the more authentic mexican grocery stores.

oxyrosis fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Apr 16, 2024

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Valko posted:

Between you and NLJP, Gambit is getting some fierce competition.

Swedish style venison meatballs.

food is cool. venison meatballs sounds damned good

oxyrosis posted:

Seek out Cacique. In fact, seek out the soyrizo variant as I find it to be a better texture and even flavor to pig guts. It's all over LA, usually in the more authentic mexican grocery stores.

poo poo. if cacique makes beef I've definitely just overlooked it. definitely going to try. not sure about the soy version tho

pork sausages, Brussels, and a sweet spicy mustard sauce. spouse made the sausage from ground pork and the mustard from a variety of mustard and other things lying around. we both wished for pretzels to emerge, but I'm too lazy to make them on a weekday

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

we both wished for pretzels to emerge, but I'm too lazy to make them on a weekday

You think it's lazy to make pretzels on a weekday, just check out how lazy I was with tonights dinner;

Just threw a chicken in the oven - no sauce, sides or nuthin'. No drink either and I got the hiccups.

I'm saving these scraps to make soup.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

you had to restore your health bar

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

not even a bread roll? a broccoli?

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Hell yeah that rules

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I gotta respect that.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

eat your vegetables valko

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

Valko posted:

Just threw a chicken in the oven

Once, at a particularly terrible room for rent situation I was in, I decided to cook and eat a chicken straight from the oven with only a fork and knife on my cutting board. The horrified looks I got from them as each sickening crunch and slice went into my mouth were incredible. Can't say that they spoke with me much afterwards for quite a while, which given the roommates, was a great side effect of a fantastic dinner.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

cumpantry posted:

eat your vegetables valko

I've got leeks, carrots, onions and celery in the fridge for making that soup tomorrow. I had mushrooms and a fried tomato for lunch and I'll snack on some broccoli before bed.

I've also got two more whole chickens in the fridge. They are pre cooked and you can't reheat chicken a third time - it's too dangerous. I suffered gastro enteritis when I was 17 from a bad chinese place (smoked chicken starter, king prawn chow mein for the main) and it was the most miserable two weeks of my life. Never again.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I finally found Marmite at a grocery store today so I picked that up. I think I had it once many years ago and hated it. I wanted to try it again so I grabbed a little jar.

Maybe I'll try it on toast tomorrow.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Butter the toast first and use it sparingly.

I've seen so many reaction videos on youtube of people gagging on the stuff because they spread it on like peanut butter. That's like pouring ketchup into a bowl and eating it with a spoon - of course you get a bad first impression.

If you like things like olives, pickles and sharp strong cheese you should like marmite.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Thanks for the advice! I would have put a big ol' glob of it on plain toast.

Valko posted:

If you like things like olives, pickles and sharp strong cheese you should like marmite.

Well that's encouraging. I love all of those.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Over here it also comes in truffle, chili and XO flavours, so if you see any of those you can get some variety.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

country ham, pear, gorgonzola on mozzarella and olive oil

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Thanks for the advice! I would have put a big ol' glob of it on plain toast.

Well that's encouraging. I love all of those.

I love marmite on toast but as an ingredient it really shines - a spoon in sauces, gravies or whatever goes a long way

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

Butterfly Valley posted:

I love marmite on toast but as an ingredient it really shines - a spoon in sauces, gravies or whatever goes a long way

Would you say that Vegemite or Marmite is better as an ingredient? I don't wanna buy 2 bottle of stuff I won't use rapidly.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

oxyrosis posted:

Would you say that Vegemite or Marmite is better as an ingredient? I don't wanna buy 2 bottle of stuff I won't use rapidly.

I like the flavor of Marmite better, but Vegemite is much easier to spread. That being said, it is much easier to find Marmite in the US, so that is my default.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Valko posted:

You think it's lazy to make pretzels on a weekday, just check out how lazy I was with tonights dinner;

Just threw a chicken in the oven - no sauce, sides or nuthin'. No drink either and I got the hiccups.

I am thawing a Cornish game hen right now. Tomorrow I will be doing this exact thing, but on a much smaller scale. Looking forward to pretending that I am a giant, eating my tiny dinner.

ghost house
Jul 16, 2007
Gonna fry up some homemade pierogi with some home-fermented kraut. Only had whole wheat flour on hand so I know the pierogi will be a little chewy, but at least I’ve got some nice butter in which to fry.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

My wife did burgers in the Ninja Foodie Grill and smoked out the whole goddamned house.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Nevermind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breast, potatoes with cottage cheese, and broccoli with cheese sauce. :yum:

I'm down 5lbs since I stopped drinking. However if fluctuates a lot. I set my calories to 1,700 a day and I've been consistently hitting under that the past week since I started.